Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

1/6th Stewart on Toy Fair 2006

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1/6th Stewart on Toy Fair 2006

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Dynamike

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/6th Stewart on Toy Fair 2006

Greetings Tankers

Anyone catch HGTV's Toy Fair 2006 and see the Stewart demo?
What was surprising was the demonstrator also had the M1A1 and Humvee in the background.
After watching ,I had hopes that maybe the M1A1 was going back on the market.
You can still buy the Stewart for $250 from 21st Cenrury.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:16 AM
ah64

Default RE: 1/6th Stewart on Toy Fair 2006

Sorry I missed that I love those big scale tanks and military vehicles. I have seen where a guy took a 1/6 stewart tank from 21st century and added a gas engine in with a custom built transmission. There are videos on that as well. Pretty cool if I may say. Thing runs at like 20MPH or so. I will try and find that site and post it so anyone who wants to look at what an rc tank enthusist and lots of money can build.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:18 AM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 1/6th Stewart on Toy Fair 2006

The guy you speak of just might be Iliya Cerjak. Although others have attempted the same albeit with perhaps less precision but with similar results.

[link=http://home.tiscali.nl/iliyacerjak/Tankindex.htm]Big Scale RC Tanks[/link]

This guy is the gas-powered Tank Master.

-Harq
Old 08-05-2019, 07:51 AM
terminator3d3700

Smile 1/6 scale 21st Century M5 Stuart Tank

First of all. I hope someone actually sees this.

Hi guys,
I sure hope someone can help me. I have read a few threads about this tank. And, what I have read is that most of you have totally upgraded. I just got this tank from a family member that royally ripped me off. He told me that this tank was fully functional. Being a family member I believed him. He needed money badly. This tank had belonged to his father (My wife's Uncle) and he stated that he would like to at least keep it within the family. So, I helped him out by buying it from him. Trust me, had I had any idea that he was ripping me off, I would never had helped him. The cost was, in my opinion, quite substantial. Especially for a cheap 21st Century tank.

If one of you still has the original main board I certainly would like to buy it from you. I would like to at least get it working again. The only thing I get is the motor sound when I turn it on. I get no movement at all. I really can't be sure what the problem actually is. But I am willing to try. For all I know it could be the radio. Only way to find out is to do a component swap. A component exchange is probably the only way I will find the bad part. I hope someone out there can help me.

I would be willing to send you my radio control so you can verify that it works? I am a very trusting person. I will pay the shipping cost both ways. I just really don't want this to turn out to be "One of those bad decisions" and have a very large tank taking up space for nothing. or the money I spent, I will not throw it away. It will just sit here looking pretty.

I guess the most perfect solution would be someone her in the Summerville, SC area that has one of these and I can bring it to them to check out. I am in the Tramway Subdivision. Right across from McElveen GMC. Behind the Speedway gas station. I really do want to get this thing operating.

Paul Reeder
Old 08-05-2019, 01:48 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hi Paul,

Firstly, you might want to start a new thread next time. It is a bit troll-ish to resurrect a 13 year old thread as your very first post. Your issue deserves a thread of it's own, simply put.

Secondly, I don't currently own a Stewart, but have owned 2. So I know how they work.

Thirdly, The Stewart had pretty bad electronics in it to start with. Don't throw good money after bad. I wouldn't put more into the stock electronics. Nowadays, most upgrade it with hobby grade electronics. Best would be a Dimension Engineering Sabertooth ESC (Electronic Speed Control). I'd recommend the 2x32, which has 2 channels (one for each motor) and will provide up to 30 amps per motor. Plenty of power for that tank. In time, you can add motors or servos to control the turret traverse, and elevation. If you want sound, then I'd go ahead and add a Benedini sound unit and a nice speaker.

Lastly, add your favorite hobby grade radio (Spektrum DX6s are nice starter radios) and receiver, and a battery, and you'll have it running.

Lots of help on YouTube for hooking things up like the Benedini and Sabertooth. Be sure to do some searching.

Hope this helps!
Old 08-05-2019, 03:51 PM
terminator3d3700

Sorry and thank you.