Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New to RC tanks

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 07:46 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default New to RC tanks

Hi

I just purchased a Heng Long RC tank(Bulldog) and I am quite pleased with the value. I have read many reviews that don't exactly speak highly of the brand, but I have been happy with mine. I don't mind tearing a unit down to see what makes it tick and that is exactly what I did with this unit. I 've had it for a couple of weeks and it hasn't been touble free, but I was able to fix all the issues.. I wired in an on-off switch for the smoke unit as my wife didn't appreciate the smell of burning vegetable oil. I also replumbed the hose with silicon rubber hose which is much more flexible then the stuff Heng Long uses. I did have trouble with the gun firing poorly, but I switched to a premium grade 6mm shell and the gun started firing great again. I bought some 6mm paint balls today and plan on seeing if it creates enough impact force to break them. I just ordered a Tiger and was hoping to have paintball battles in the yard. I may have to compromise the intergrity of the paintball to ensure it breaks on impact.

Has anyone tried retrofitting an airsoft mechanism in these??? I have an airsoft pistol and it packs way more punch then this unit does. I was wondering if anyone has tried fitting a more powerful pistol mechanism in one of these, and what the results were.???

Of course I have weathered the tank and repainted the commander to improve the appearance of the unit. Once you take all the plastic shine off these babies they look really good and heavy.

What advantage is the available metal track over the stock plastic one??? The hard plastic track when weathered looks good, and I am wondering if it is worth spending the money to upgrade to the metal track.

Anyway it is a great value for what you get. I hope it stays running, because I am enjoying it immensly. That feeling of watching the thing move into a firing position is quite fun!

Old 11-28-2006, 10:50 PM
YHR

Default RE: New to RC tanks

Picture added of my new toy
Old 11-29-2006, 12:39 AM
schutzstaffel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

switch to a marui or vstank shooting unit ,(a must for paintballs)
someone told me it will double the power.

other tankers have used bb pistol(gun) systems(stronger).

Old 11-29-2006, 01:43 AM
YHR

Well I shot a few 6mm paint balls and there was enough force to break the casing from about 3m. I guess the tank battling will have to be in close quarters