Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Mato "SUPER" versions not so SUPER

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mato "SUPER" versions not so SUPER

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 11:24 AM
topspin10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mato "SUPER" versions not so SUPER

Hi - I am new to RC tanks and I just wanted to share my experience ordering Mato SUPER verions with somke and sound. I ordered one tiger, loved the way it worked for a day which prompted me to order a seoncd as a xmas gift and I ordered a bulldog. Both of these were the "SUPER" versions which I had hoped would have better quality somehow ensured by Mat. Well, after a couple days I was intermittently having problems starting the tiger with the start key on the controller...then I couldn't at all. Many friends on the is boad helped me to diagnose the problem. Well, I got a resolution this past weekend, there was good news and bad news.
Good news - I found the problem to be the crystal set in the tiger. They intermittently work, and when replaced with an "04" freq set (tiger is "02) they work each and every time. I used an 04 set I received in my SUPER verion S&S Bulldog I received from Mato Toys and mean to give as an xmas gift. The bad news is the bulldog tank that I received was smashed on the rear of the tank with numerous pieces missing around the light bezel. Controller did not work. Airsoft canon did not work. The sad thing to note is there was no blemish on the packing box used to send from Mato to my home. The product box containing the graphics and styrofoam for the tank was in bad shame with deep gouges in the styrofoam. I am certain this tells me that the tank was mishandled/damaged on their end before even being packed to be shipped to me. How could their quality control let this happen.? I thought these super versions were somehow blessed by Mato....I don't believe that is the case. I am now out another 25 bucks sending this thing back to them....for a replacement.

So on my end I have ordered two Mato Super versions...a tiger and a bulldog....netiher of which arrived satisfactorily...and one was a COMPLETE basket case.

So....the experience i have to share is that there isn't anymore quality or reliability in these SUPER versions from what I can see.

Old 12-05-2006, 01:19 PM
icecreamslick
My Feedback: (9)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Mato "SUPER" versions not so SUPER

I would make sure that the Tiger has the working crystals, so at least one of the tanks you bought will be satisfactory. Put the bad ones in the Bulldog before you return it.....sounds like it is screwed up, anyway.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:18 PM
topspin10

Yeah that's what I did Icecream ......good idea. It remains to be seen how Mato makes things right with me. I told them I expected them to checkout the replacement before they ship it to me. It will interesting to see what I get....
Old 12-05-2006, 05:10 PM
martin g

I had problems with the first HL tank i ordered, it was the pershing. It wouldnt start, I got it from Germany and to be fair initially the guy sent me replacement transmitter and tank boards, i changed them...nothing! My guess is these tanks arent great in transport, the outcome was that he sent me a Bulldog ( which was more expensive) as an apology and allowed me to buy the Pershing at a heavily discounted rate as a second which I have since got running. So..after all i got S+S Persh and Bulldog for a total of 100 euro's, not bad but i did have a lot of angry moments so its deserved. I agree crystals are a very common prob, so get decent ones. The Pershing runs now and I had to buy a new transmitter from ebay for £10 so i think im on the right side of a deal in the long run. The only issue i get now on the pershing is now and again it locks up, like in gun firing or reverse, it may be interference, i just re-set the tank and its fine, it could also be heat and it does get warm to the touch after just 15 mins.

Overall the service was very helpfull considering, he ships to the UK for reasonable prices.

Ask for Oliver at.........

www.rc-model-universe.de