Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Info on Panther

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 09:09 AM
martin g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info on Panther

Info on HL Panther please. I noticed the HL version is different form just about any picture I can find on the net. I am looking for a realistic shceme for this version but cant find a likeness that matches. The front hull, below the machine gun steps out on the HL version, but every image I can find shows this being a constant slope to the joint with the under hull. help?
Old 12-08-2006, 09:50 AM
scradge

Default RE: Info on Panther

thats because the heng long panther is just a tiger body with asthetic changes to make it look like a panther!

there have been a few posts about this before i think! but thats why.

not to scale ither i think
Old 12-08-2006, 11:38 AM
Captainbertie

Hi Martin g,

Yes...the 'Pantiger' is very inaccurate but can be re-modelled to a more scale shape. with a lot of effort......as I am finding out....I have been re-sculpturing the hull of the Panther to a more accurate shape and will be posting pickies on my development work soon........

cheers

CaptB
Old 12-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

The HL Panther is way out of scale.
It's great for a starting point but it needs a lot of work to make it look more like a proper scaled panther.

The body is too short and too wide.
The gun is short and stubby.
Too many wheels and the tracks are too wide.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:33 PM
briz

All of the above are the reasons why I am waiting on Tamiya to release the new Panther.......waiting and waiting!!!!
Old 12-08-2006, 04:12 PM
James S.

and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting

Just like me..
Old 12-09-2006, 12:34 AM
pantiger man

The pantiger is a great project tank might get one soon(dont have enough money for da tamiya[:@])>

kind regards pantigerman