Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

tam. leo a4

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 12:11 AM
stcla1r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tam. leo a4

there's a tam. leo a4 on ebay right now for 9.99,thinking hard.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:18 AM
chickster

Default RE: tam. leo a4

something is amiss here. are we talking a tam 1/16 radio controlled for nine dollars and ninty nine cents
Old 12-10-2006, 11:13 AM
stcla1r

that was the starting bid,150$now
Old 12-10-2006, 01:43 PM
chickster

keep an eye on it. new/used/running/one of the first ones?
Old 12-10-2006, 02:10 PM
stcla1r

saz it has metal tracks
Old 12-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Leo2A6 Owner

The tracks on the 70s issue kits were metal. Multi part metal ones at that. Clutch steering system and probably no turret traverse. I was able to pick one up for about 70 dollars. One can only hope Tamiya decides to reissue this tank with all the full function bells and whistles.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:05 PM
chickster

i got an old one .i just refreshed the drive train but my upper hull is rough i was going to sell it or put a 1/16 trumpeter russian upper hull
Old 12-10-2006, 11:14 PM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Guys:

His shipping is ~rather high~, and I say that as one thats shipped multiple tanks inside and out of country from Ontario: one each plus spares as a package to Hawaii; one within Ontario; another from Hong Kong to Ontario. one Pershing up from TN to Ontario, and one loaded Sherman from HK just after 9/11.

Yep, multipart tracks, but he has assembled his, just hope he got all the chevrons the right way around. They are stamped-cleat shells as opposed to the cast plastic or metal ones on the current DMD's, so traction is poor compared to the new sets. I've been retrofitting my pair of 1A4's with Pershing tracks as the Canucks use that cleat/guidehorn on many of their Leo's. The Sherman tracks will NOT fit, the guide horn is too wide, and the 2A6 ones won't either (much different sprocket)

No bells and whistles on the Leo, as it was #2 in the Tamiya tank lineup. Just the drivetrain, though I have seen some who have fitted the 53400 traverse unit meant for the Sherman & KT into one (still available from Tamiya) and the elevation can be done with a servo. The Germans make a traverse assembly but its MUCH more expensive, and make many of the spares that Tamiya no longer has, including repro roadwheel tires.

No provision for bearings, and the tires are held on the axles by polycaps. AFV-Model makes a modded set with proper retaining bolts and bushings, but again, its not cheap. They also make an adapter to mount DMD boxes into the kit, but thats no difficult task.