Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hobby engine leopard

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 01:57 AM
pantiger man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobby engine leopard

Hi guys my freind (cpt pershing) went out and bought a hobby engine leopard just for you guys because he knew you guys were wondering how this thing runs well theres only one word to describe this tank JUNK it its tracks are made ot of rubber and are clicked together like one of those trucker hats and every time you turn the track either throws or breaks apart it sounds like a toy and looks like one too but is much bigger than the hl pershing which has had no problems at all( rolled it millions of times) and this leopard also has a infa red system installed which could probebly be used in the pershing. My freind is probely going to glue the tracks back together and sell it and buy a abram or somthing.

heres some pics of the leopard.

Kind regards pantigerman.
Old 12-12-2006, 09:42 AM
proulxlaw
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hobby engine leopard

Thanks for the info. Iwas considering buying one of these but, I will save my $$ for something that doensn't break. I have a HL Tiger I Linited Edition and I think it's a great tank and a great value even at the price that I paid. Here's my HL LE.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40508.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	575827   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77834.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	575828   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19116.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	575829   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yr48551.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	575830   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vg53745.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	575831  
Old 12-12-2006, 06:24 PM
titan20

Well, that definately answers our questions on the Leopard then. Too bad, because it does look cool.
Old 12-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Leo2A6 Owner

Shouldnt be too hard to put the drive sproket from an old Leo 1 kit on it and get the link tracks for a couple to put on. Or get a couple sets of Pershing metal tracks for the HL and adapt te metal pershing drive sproket on. Wouldnt be 100% accurate but it would run alot better.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Harquebus

That would be my answer too, to adapt some other type of individual track links to it perhaps Tamiya tracks/sprockets or some aftermarket wares. Looks like a fairly good tank brought down by inferior vinyl/rubber tracks.

pantigerman: since the tracks are junk, how does the rest of the tank function? What kind of features does it have?

-Harq

ORIGINAL: Leo2A6 Owner

Shouldnt be too hard to put the drive sproket from an old Leo 1 kit on it and get the link tracks for a couple to put on. Or get a couple sets of Pershing metal tracks for the HL and adapt te metal pershing drive sproket on. Wouldnt be 100% accurate but it would run alot better.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:01 AM
pantiger man

Hello Harq, it runs pretty well climbs things easy and has got realetively a;lot of power no engine sound just that annoying little buzzing sound that rc cars have um the sprocket wheel is disgusting and the suspension isnt to good some postives it has a good solid body to work with and you guys could definetely turn it into a mean machine like it should be.

kind regards pantigerman.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:38 AM
Turbobearcat

Those tracks are replaceable.. I have seen my Hobbyshop carry the replacement tracks for them.

the price is cheap as well.. under $7 dollars.
Old 12-13-2006, 12:12 PM
proulxlaw
My Feedback: (3)

If any of you guys that likes to tinker with these things finds workable mods on the tracks and other problems, post them here. I would only then consider one of these tanks. It is cool looking.

I would spend the $$ for metal tracks, etc. but, I am not one who takes these things apart except when broken. I save the laborous for my airplanes.

Is there another metal track upgrade set that will fit this and work I wonder.