Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Futaba 6YG-FM Firing Buttons

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Futaba 6YG-FM Firing Buttons

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 06:55 AM
barra733

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Futaba 6YG-FM Firing Buttons

I've been informed that by using the three solder points to the right of the left stick I can connect firing buttons for the main gun and the machine gun. I have done this, connecting the upper and middle solder points to get the main gun firing - works great! The lower and middle solder points are supposed to get the MG to fire - no go! All this seems to achive is to drive my left track backwards! I've been through the set-up process a few times now but this doesn't seem to change anything - any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq47207.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	577550  
Old 12-15-2006, 07:25 AM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Futaba 6YG-FM Firing Buttons

Barra:

These ones?

Thats the right hand blow up (left stick when right-side up, full back image [link=http://img345.imageshack.us/img345/2563/1000014aimghj1.jpg]here[/link]

My apologies Guys: someone handed me those points off the top of their head, and only part of the data was correct.

If you use the left stick for elevation, the two now-marked points are your Main Gun trigger points. The middle and bottom points, if used, would be an on/of for your lights, if your tank has them (thats what it was toggling for me)

I'm NOT going to probe around to try and find the MG points, cause I don't fancy blowing up a 6YG. Besides, my 4VF is wired fine, and I don't need to risk my 6ch.

WhiteWolf
Old 12-15-2006, 07:39 AM
barra733

Arghhhh! No pics!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:24 PM
digger1976

Barra733, a while back I may have given you a web site for info, pics and directions for your question. Here is the site. Hope this helps. I did it and it was easy to do. You don't need to be an expert to do this modification.

http://www.fragarmor.org/Advanced%20Hints%203.htm
Old 12-15-2006, 12:44 PM
barra733

Digger: Thanks once again. The tutorial deals with a 4 channel futaba. The 6yg is a 6 channel and somewhat different. I have found the solder points but the 'mg fire' point simply makes the left track go backwards!
Old 12-15-2006, 01:35 PM
digger1976

Sorry. I thought you had a 4 channel. I am still thinking about your question though.
So, you have essentially connected all three solder points correct? Connecting the upper to the middle will work fine, but if you connect the lower to the middle, what you have done is now completed the circuit. This would cause issues obviously. Let me see if I can find some fix for you. I've got nothing better to do right now so I will look on the internet.
Old 12-15-2006, 03:44 PM
digger1976

Barra733, I have not found anything about a 6 channel radio mod for a tank. I think the only thing that you could do is attach momentary switches to the center left and right trim circuit board that is under the trainer board in the middle of the radio. I may be wrong, but I have not found anything on the 6yg radio for this mod. Sorry.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:43 PM
barra733

Cheers digger, it's now working intermittently. I have to mess about a bit when I first fire it up but then it seems to work ok.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:14 PM
barra733

For Digger, Whitewolf and all those following this thread: I've got the main gun working on channel 3 as mentioned above. I've discovered that if I reverse channel 3 using the switch behind the sliding door I can now use the push button to fire the MG. Unfortunately this also reverses the turret elevation.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:41 AM
WhiteWolf McBride
My Feedback: (3)

Barra:

Got mine working too, but haven't put the unit back into the tank, so mine may be switched too.

Seeing as I have a 4VF that I've got rigged with both switches, I may give up on both switches in the 6YG. May try to bag another 4VF or VWD Tx for a spare tank Tx, as I can't use my buddy box, its on 72 band (its ok for trainer use though)

Much easier to wire the 4's... and 4VF Tx's should be dirt cheap.