Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Reviews on Tamiya Tanks

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 02:09 PM
digger1976

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reviews on Tamiya Tanks

Does anybody want to give a review of the Tamiya tanks? This might help someone to decide what tank to purchase, if at all. I'll start

King Tiger F/O 'stock'
Pros: Wide tracks, has some weight to it, great climbing ability, does not get stuck in grass, many paint schemes, metal tub and road wheels, very durable and rugged, suspension is good, very roomy in side the hull for electronics, extras and cleaning.

Cons: link pins for the stock plastic tracks, off switch in odd position, metal gun is not balanced properly it tends to slip the elevation unit clutch, idler wheels, no safe mode while in the on position like the Pershing, no lights in the front, weak mud flaps that break easily.
Overall, I give it an 8 out of 10.

Pershing F/O 'stock'
Pros: Great profile, more detials, lights on front and back, safety mode while tank is on, easy access to off switch, can modify battery hook up so that it can be pulled through front hatch instead of pulling off the turret to re-charge, tracks are rugged.

Cons: Does not drive well in grass, idler wheels, and idler wheels pull too much debris up in the tracks, no room in the hull of tank for electronics and other parts, hard to clean, too many delicate parts that break or disappear easily, shock struts are to stiff and break easily, hard to take top hull off.
Overall I give it a 7 1/2 out of 10.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Chow_Hound

Default RE: Reviews on Tamiya Tanks

Hey Digger,
I agree reviews would be very helpful. Actually RC universe has an option for you to post reviews of kits and things. I have posted 2 reviews. 1 of the King Tiger and the other of the Tiger I. Your review of the King Tiger is the along the same lines of my own. One the R/C Universe home page, hold curser over "User Reviews" and select "Find and Review Products". You can post your opinions about any kits you have experience with.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:54 PM
kurtmeyer
Banned

SHERMAN-VERY CLEAN AND SIMPLE....10 STARS
KING TIGER BIG AND HEAVY,I LOVE IT!....10 STARS
PERSHING-COMPACT YET SMOOTH,VERY TIGHT ON THE INSIDE,SOMETIMES COMPLEX......7 STARS
LEO 2A6-NEW IN BOX STILL IN CLOSET
Old 12-22-2006, 03:34 PM
digger1976

Thanks BBC KT. I will check that out.
Old 12-22-2006, 04:05 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Have the K Tiger...just got a sherman kit done recently...i would say the sherman is the best of the tamiyas as for tuffness and craftsmanship ...i heard of problems with all the others not big ones but problems...my sherman works much better than my KT in all aspects.

Go with a sherman!