Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Thinking about this project...

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Thinking about this project...

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 05:45 AM
Joe717

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about this project...

Hi all,

well, after driving my new HL Bulldog non stop for 2 days, I'm already thinking about what to do next.

While I kept wishing I had a 1/16 Wedico rig, to tow it with, I began searching for rigs pulling tanks, I accidentally came across a Soviet tractor called Voroshilovets

Voroshilovets was a heavy prime mover intended to tow large-calibre artillery systems. In production from 1939-1941 capable of towing any tank, weighing in at 15.5T, this was no light vehicle! Engine had 350 hp, the maximum road speed was 36km/h, Seated 3 people in the cab, and 16 on the platform.

I couldn't help but be amazed by this machine, it combines my passion for off-road military trucks, and tracked vehicles in one package!

If I could scratch build the body from either balsa or styrene, I could make a good go of this!

Here's a picture of the 1:1 Voroshilovets, I've also found the blueprints, although the lack any measurements.

Looking at the dimensions, I began scaling them down...

1:1

length 6,220 mm
- width 2,350 mm
- height 2,740 mm

1:10
Length - 622mm
Width 235.5mm
Height - 274mm

1:16

Length - 388mm
Width -146.875mm
Height - 171.25mm
The stated dimensions of the HL Walker Bulldog are..

Length 18"
Width 9"
Height 8"

Length 457.2 - with turret will have to re-measure
Width 228.6
Height N/A due to the body.

Problem is that the actual wheelbase is pretty close, although the width is actually way too wide...creating a problem.

This could be adjusted, but I'm not sure how well it would go down, although, looking at the many vehicles on the market nowadays, that are very much out of scale, it would be somewhat scale looking in comparison.

Like I said, this is only a light thought here, although I do have intentions of starting.

Any thoughts ?
Old 12-26-2006, 06:38 PM
Harquebus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Thinking about this project...

This sounds like a great idea! I like the look of this Soviet tractor, basically a cargo truck with tracks. Should be relatively easy to replicate since the basic shapes are flat panels with only a slight curve to the top of the engine hood.

The tank chassis I would use, though, is that of the upcoming HL Panzer III since its roadwheel layout and lower hull shape more closely matches the photos of the tractor you have pictured.

-Harq
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97327.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	584010