Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Bulldog problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 03:07 AM
Larryds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bulldog problems

I have a HL Bulldog and the barrel will not go up or down. It worked good up until today, still shoots the airsoft and performs all the other functions ok. Any suggestions on how to fix it? Thanks!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:25 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Bulldog problems

Get your soldering iron out! Check the controller first, look for a broken solder joint. Do you have another transmitter? Swap the crystals first. If not, open up the tank, then the turret and look again for a broken wire or solder joint. If you don't find anything wrong at that point, it's time for a new board. You do have a spare don't you?
Old 12-27-2006, 04:14 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Before opening up the tank I would open up the transmitter and check the contacts on the joystick. Sometimes they lose contact and a connection is not made. With the unit on, try applying pressure to the contact point as you move the joy stick. If the problem is the joystick this added pressure will start it functioning again. You then just have to slightly bend the metal contact arm so more force is applied to the contact pad.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:58 AM
Larryds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was hoping it would be something simple like batteries! I got a soldering iron and I will start with the transmitter first as you gentlemen have suggested. Next will check the tank. I dont have any spare boards. Would like to have one or two just in case. Does Mato carry them or can they be bought some where else? Since I will have it apart it will be a good time to add that heavy spring to the airsoft unit. Perhaps I could paint also. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:02 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The boards do not currently show up on Mato's website, he might be out. Send him an e-mail to see if he has any laying around. If he's out I'm sure he'll be replenished in the first week of January when the PZIII arrives.