Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Air spraying

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 06:43 AM
Benny Boy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air spraying

Can some one please tell me how to air spray effectively please.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:27 AM
martin g

Default RE: Air spraying

No, but i can tell you how to paint by hand effectively and the results will be just as good, rememebr very few tanks in the field had a nice sprayed finish so dont worry about it looking neat. Brush on the colour, then use a sponge with the same colour and dab away the brush marks. The sponge will give a dimpled effect too if the paint isnt too thin. Then use heavily thinned washes of black, brown or whatever you want and that will highlite detail and age the paint job. Makes sure you allow the base paint to dry fully before the washes or you may mix or remove paint, i usually leave a tank overnight at least before washing.

Get some weathering powder and dirty up the tracks, wheels and lower hull. Get some 'rub n buff' to highlite the metal detail, warbing: rub n buff is very concentrated to just a smudge okay, practice on an old model or die cast toy first. Search ebay for Run N Buff.

Use only matt paint, the more coats the more realistic it looks as you begin to get unever paint and dimpels etc.

For damage, use your imagination, I use a soldering iron and to carefully melt round strikes and holes. If you want a proper shell dent (non penetrating) use a heat gun , hold it on one spot until it softens the plastic, then wack the spot with a tack hamer ( the sharp end). Again practice first so you know what softness to allow or youll punch right through.

Thats a really sparse sumary but it covers the basics, practice makes perfect dont forget.

Most of all, make it dirty.
Old 12-29-2006, 07:28 AM
Stern

Default RE: Air spraying

[link=http://www.h-haider.de/kurs/start.htm]How to Airbrush - complete overview[/link] - use [link=http://dict.leo.org/]Leo[/link] or google-translate and you will know all you have to ...