Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Metal Barrel for Tiger I

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2007, 06:12 PM
lanierrl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Metal Barrel for Tiger I

Does anyone know if the metal main gun barrel for the Tiger I can be fit into an HL Tiger??
Old 03-27-2007, 11:26 AM
TomiH

Default RE: Metal Barrel for Tiger I

Sako 243 barrel.
Old 03-27-2007, 01:27 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You turned the outside of the barrel to match the tiger? and we thought the stock HL recoil was a lot, wait till that thing fires!
Old 03-27-2007, 02:27 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome barrel. Can you tell us more about it? Is it for a working gun? How did you get the rifling?
Old 03-27-2007, 02:41 PM
Turbobearcat

No kidding...hook a brother up will you?

what about the brake on the end of the barrel?
Old 03-27-2007, 03:26 PM
TomiH

Barrel is old 243 Sako, it was already inaccurate so I use it to my late model Tiger. It still shoots 6mm BB, I don´t want to kill anybody And yes, the outside of the barrel match the real tiger. Because my tiger is late model I need smaller muzzle brake than that original early model palstic version. But I cant´t find dimension of that muzzle brake. It´s the same as on the Tiger II and Jagpanther!
Old 03-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Tank4fun

Thank you, for sharing with us, on the ultimate metal barrel upgrade! Does the weight of the steel barrel affect gun elevation or rotation on the HL Tiger I turret? Also, does the barrel rifling affect the flight of the airsoft BB?

It doesn't matter...I am going to use your idea, for my (correct lenght) barrel upgrade, with addition of turning and milling of the muzzle break, also of late production. The barrel that I will be using is a Krieger, 6mm, 1-8 twist...what do you think of the twist rate...too much? LOL... (straight)medium bull which should work fine when turning for the muzzle break OD.

I will be manufacturing barrels for me and sons HL Tiger I's...so the chips will fly...Thanks again!
Old 03-27-2007, 10:31 PM
Turbobearcat

ORIGINAL: SurfVBer
Thank you, for sharing with us, on the ultimate metal barrel upgrade! Does the weight of the steel barrel affect gun elevation or rotation on the HL Tiger I turret? Also, does the barrel rifling affect the flight of the airsoft BB?

It doesn't matter...I am going to use your idea, for my (correct lenght) barrel upgrade, with addition of turning and milling of the muzzle break, also of late production. The barrel that I will be using is a Krieger, 6mm, 1-8 twist...what do you think of the twist rate...too much? LOL... (straight)medium bull which should work fine when turning for the muzzle break OD.

I will be manufacturing barrels for me and sons HL Tiger I's...so the chips will fly...Thanks again!
Well if you do one...I will be in your area in mid-May.how much would you charge for a metal barrel?
Old 03-28-2007, 03:18 AM
shadopilot

Scroll about halfway down and you will find a metal late model muzzle brake. http://www.tankzone.co.uk/cart/tz_t1.htm
Old 03-28-2007, 09:18 AM
TomiH

ORIGINAL: SurfVBer

I don´t know, because my tiger is not ready yet... steel barrel weights about 160g.
Those other metall parts are loose, I just put there for the foto.

Valmistuu kesäksi!

Old 03-28-2007, 10:49 AM
swathdiver

I had to counter weight the turret on my Pershing. I added fishing weights to the sides and rear to balance the weight of using a brass airsoft barrel. The turret no longer moves around when traveling over rough terrain.