Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

AFV Models Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 03:19 PM
statikrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFV Models Trouble

Has anyone here ordered from AFV models in Germany and had any trouble? I shelled out quite a bit for a bunch of upgrades to the Tam Leo2 and after waiting 3 weeks for the parcel to arrive in the US, only half of the items were in the box! What did ship appears to be VERY high quality stuff...well packed, but I'm surprised given that no indication of back-orders or low stock were ever made.

Has anyone had similar experiences or is this just a fluke?
Old 03-25-2007, 04:46 PM
shadopilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AFV Models Trouble

Thats to bad. I had the same thing happen with another German seller on Ebay. I bought some spare tracks, turret track hangers and front transmission plates for one of my Tiger 1's and only a partial order arrived. All my emails were ignored. I had to have Paypal freeze the funds pending a refund. Then he had the nerve to ask that I cancel the claim!! No way Jose! Not untill the parts or the money comes back first.
Old 03-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Plastic scouser

Afv model lists the shipping time for each item next to the the description they dont list as item 'in stock' or not. hope this helps

Cheers Ian
Old 03-25-2007, 08:40 PM
statikrx

Thanks Ian. I did notice that on their website, except the shipping times didn't seem to correspond to how things actually arrived! The part with the longest wait, the metal idler wheels, actually showed up! The parts with short wait times didn't. I'll contact them tomorrow and I'm hoping there is a logical answer behind it!

Again, I must say that the metal road wheels and idler upgrades for the Leo are amazing! It is going to be tough painting such wonderful parts. The fact that you have to screw each individual bolt into the hubs like the real thing...too cool!
Old 03-25-2007, 10:47 PM
Leo2A6 Owner

Go to repanzer.de and ask in the english forums there. One of the casters/masterers for AFV models posts mainly on there. I bet if you expressed your concerns politely on his own turf youd get a much quicker response
Old 03-26-2007, 01:02 PM
pattoncommander

I'd be happy to ask them about the problem in German. Ebay is always a risk unless you know the seller.
Is it only AFV that is the problem? The do tend to be a bit high nose at times.
Bill
Old 03-26-2007, 01:49 PM
statikrx

This isn't eBay related; I dealt directly with the AFV Models. I did get a response from Axel @ AFV today. He seemed as amazed as I was, and was very apologetic. He offered to ship the missing elements immediately. I responded politely asking that he send them faster than the previous parcel, so we'll see what happens. At this point, it is starting to look like an honest mistake, which is understandable. It is just painful when there is a 3-week wait for deliveries!

Thanks for your offers of help. I'll keep you posted on this!
Old 03-26-2007, 05:30 PM
shadopilot

well, my probelm is with modellers-paradise on Ebay. They have had plenty of time to send my missing parts and nothing has happened. Only an email asking me to cancel the refund claim I have with Paypal. They could have shipped the transmission plates in an airmail envelope and it would have been here within a week. They were the only things missing from my order. I don't understand why they would risk losing a customer over a cheap item like that. Paypal is going to refund all the money including for the items that arrived because it counts as one purchase. For some reason they won't even respond to Paypal about the claim. I'm winning by default. Theres only a few days left before they rule in my favor and deduct the money from his account. ( Paypal freezes the account during the investigation so the seller can't take it out.) If they arrive before the times up I will cancel it.
Old 03-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Leo2A6 Owner

ORIGINAL: shadopilot

well, my probelm is with modellers-paradise on Ebay. They have had plenty of time to send my missing parts and nothing has happened. Only an email asking me to cancel the refund claim I have with Paypal. They could have shipped the transmission plates in an airmail envelope and it would have been here within a week. They were the only things missing from my order. I don't understand why they would risk losing a customer over a cheap item like that. Paypal is going to refund all the money including for the items that arrived because it counts as one purchase. For some reason they won't even respond to Paypal about the claim. I'm winning by default. Theres only a few days left before they rule in my favor and deduct the money from his account. ( Paypal freezes the account during the investigation so the seller can't take it out.) If they arrive before the times up I will cancel it.

Axel is a stand up guy. I correspond with him alot about parts for the 1/7 leopard he is making. You should get your parts now.
Old 03-27-2007, 04:40 AM
templarlock

I ordered my TamLeo2A6 stuff over Christmas and got everything within 2 weeks and had no problems.