Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Firing the big gun

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2007, 10:58 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Firing the big gun

Hey all,
Take a look at this. Make sure your sound is cranked up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_Y7avmeiys

Old 05-08-2007, 11:08 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Firing the big gun

OK, I want details. That looked and sounded great.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:16 PM
hdbeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm only guessing but that looked like your garage and what ever you did to that tank should be on the market, too cool[sm=thumbup.gif][X(]
Old 05-09-2007, 12:30 AM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey that was kind of neat.Is it one shot and then some tricky reloading,or can you make multi-shots.I hope to have one in probbly a month or so that will make a pretty good bang,plus a good deal of smoke.I'm going to try an make one that will shoot a black powder blank charge,and there will be smoke.I'm going to check first to make sure they have'nt made some goofy law against doing that.No projectial of any kind,just a blank charge.I'm going to mount it on a 1/12 scale model.
BIGMIG
Old 05-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So this is my CO2 powered Tiger. It's my latest addition. Since the caliber is .177 I had some extra room in the barrel and I added a sleeve to serve as a resevoir that I fill with baby powder. It's very realistic. Holds enough for 10-15 good shots. In the vid the cannon is not loaded with bb's since I'm inside. The sound is provided by a little wav file work I have been dinking around with. Added that with the video editing software until I can get my circuit to work properly.
No reason this couldn't work with a standard Heng Long airsoft.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:58 AM
Lamps

Very nicely done indeed, good work there pscartozzi

I took video footage of my 1/6 Tiger firing it's pyrotechnic loaded canon and I had to edit the footage too, but mine was because the blast was so loud that the camera could not pick up the sound, in fact it made the whole video go quiet for a few seconds like your ears go blank when there's a loud bang [X(]
Old 05-09-2007, 07:55 AM
navspook

I'd like to see your video of your 1/6 firing.

ORIGINAL: Lamps

I took video footage of my 1/6 Tiger firing it's pyrotechnic loaded canon and I had to edit the footage too, but mine was because the blast was so loud that the camera could not pick up the sound, in fact it made the whole video go quiet for a few seconds like your ears go blank when there's a loud bang [X(]
Old 05-09-2007, 08:04 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

VERY COOL!!
Old 05-09-2007, 08:38 AM
Lamps

ORIGINAL: navspook

I'd like to see your video of your 1/6 firing.

ORIGINAL: Lamps

Hi Navspook,

I will get some new footage done once I am almost 100% happy with the looks of my Tiger, the old video was taken just a day after I picked it up from Mark 1 tanks and I have done so much work to it since then. I am working on a website right now and that should be up and running in a week or so with video footage on it, old and new. I'll send you a link once I get it sorted if you like.

As you can see from my Avatar, the Tiger kicks out a fair bit of smoke when it fires. I also done a video in slow motion and you could see all the air particles getting sucked in by the blast.

Regards,

Mark.