Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Hen Long Tiger I tank turret removal

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Hen Long Tiger I tank turret removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 12:57 AM
JakL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hen Long Tiger I tank turret removal

How do I take the Hen Long GTA Tiger I tank turret off? Is there a trick to being able to open the tank up and clean/upgrade this awsem tank?
Also: What is the "Hop-Up" system? how can I tell if I have it? It shoots fantastic and can put an eye out at 50 paces [>:]
Old 09-08-2007, 01:40 AM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hen Long Tiger I tank turret removal

Well i'll give it a shot at trying to answer a few of your questions.You didn't say weither you had a smoke and sound version.Actually really don't make any difference as far as opening up your tank.I think all HL tanks now have the hop-up gun system.To seperate the tank,you need to take the tracks off to make it as easy as posible.To split the track,all you need to do is push out one pin and it will seperate.A push pin works good for this,push from the outside toward the inside and after it sticks out a ways grab it with a pair of needle nose pliers and finish pulling it on through.Remove both tracks.Then flip the tank over and remove the the 7 screws that hold the two halves togeather.There are 2 screws way at the back of the tank that dosen't have to be removed to seperate the two halves.
Don't force anything,if it don't come right apart recheck to see what is still holding it from coming apart.After you get it open,unplug the antena wire,and the 8 pin connector plug.now you can move the upper hull and have easy access to the ring gear that holds the turret on the tank.3 or 4 screws hold the ring gear onto the turret.Be carefull handling the wires as to not break any loose.Thats about it.If I missed anything someone else will chimm in and help you out. GOOD LUCK BIGMIG
Old 09-08-2007, 05:25 AM
karma99

In reference to removing the right 7 screws to take the top off (but not have the back fall off too!) hopefully this pic will be useful

you can leave 1 and 4
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay75148.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	758841  
Old 09-08-2007, 06:03 AM
pattonrocked45

henlongs never had a true "hop up system"
Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 AM
123Splat

If you cut the LED headlight leads and insert something like some Deans plugs, You will be able to remove the turret completely, after unscrewing the 8pin socket and the little junction board. Will make later removals easier, as you will find yourself needing to remove the turret many more times.....

Splat
Old 09-16-2007, 02:30 AM
JakL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW, tnx for the fantastic info! It worked GREAT! Unfortunally I dont have the Smoke or Sound Tiger, but I'm going to be upgrading in the future I hope. When I open the tracks, I just kept pushing on links (removing pins from outside to the inside track, btw) till I found a "loose" pin that removed easily. It looked really cool w/ plenty of room for the Sound Box I'm curious if you use, or ever used the aluminun tracks (they look aluminum)? Did you like them? ie. glad you got them? Do you have any suggestions for a site to buy upgrades for my Tiger I for tracks and sound box?

Have you ever tried to modify the transmitter? Do you know if the "trim" functions work on the Transmitter or can? Mine apperently are glued and/or unmovable, but would love to use the trims and move forward and reverse to the left controller instead of all movement being controlled all on the right stick. Just curious.

PS-
It's the funist toy I've owned in a LONG time. My friends 5 yo. came over and just laughed the entire time he drove over our toes, its great fun and glad I got it now its working great since I got to clean it.
Old 09-16-2007, 09:47 AM
swathdiver

Most people love their metal tracks! The Tiger breaks the plastic ones quite often when running outside. At least I did. Went metal and never looked back! As for upgrades, Mato Toys in Canada would be your most economical source for the Smoke and Sound Upgrade Kit, spare parts and metal tracks. Blueslateman, militarymight, pugwash, offer lots of detail items at decent prices to the USA from the UK on the worlds most popular auction site.

Several things you need to run your tank, if this is a hobby you like: Spare boards, spare airsoft unit, soldering iron, throw out the little box of bbs and buy good ones, 3000mah+ battery and a peak charger. Heng Long made these things as realistic as possible including breakdowns! Make sure you have at least 2 or 3 as at least 1 will always be down for maintenance or mods. The "search" feature is your friend.