Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Tamiya Flash unit for the gun barrel

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tamiya Flash unit for the gun barrel

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2007, 05:01 AM
b.bullfrog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tamiya Flash unit for the gun barrel

My flash for the gun barrel went dead. Had it checked out and the led is dead-everything else works. Just wondering what the part number from a Radio shack would fix the flash?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Albert IRL

Default RE: Tamiya Flash unit for the gun barrel

Any of the Tamiya flash units will work. I have a Tiger 1 flash unit in my pershing for about a year. Remeber the Sherman flash unit will be shorter!! I got mine on ebay for £25/$50. Also I wouldnt run youre tank without a flash unit in it, because I got a rather nasty shock from the M26 firing the gun with no flash unit in it. It arced bout 5 inches to my hand. Tried it twice to make sure [sm=spinnyeyes.gif] Imagine what damage it could do arcing about the inside of youre tank!!
Old 11-03-2007, 04:40 AM
b.bullfrog

I've already replaced the defective flash unit. I just wanted to repair the other one. The only thing wrong is the LED for the flash is burnt out.
Old 11-03-2007, 05:43 PM
darkith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe the Tamiya flash unit uses a strobe bulb for the flash unit, not a LED. So, if you're testing the strobe bulb, you won't see any continuity even if the bulb is still good. And watch out for high voltage, the strobe unit probably charges to 300V (not a lot of amps, but enough to sting and maybe hurt you).

D.
Old 11-05-2007, 08:31 AM
b.bullfrog

Since I did not know what was wrong with the unit I let a friend check it out. He knows more about electronics than I do (he works for Honeywell).So now I need to find out where to get the stobe light for the flash unit correct. Any ideas on how would sell a replace bulb?