Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Tiger metal work

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 12:23 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Tiger metal work

Looks like you've got it figured out! For the airsoft LED and the turret machine gun port, you could install the tip of a machine gun barrel in the port and drill through it. Put some fishing line through it and attach the LED to the back of the barrel. Now you keep the warning light and have an MG, or run two wires up into the turret for the MG Light and sound.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:21 AM
jonnymorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I set up the new proportional electronics on my table as I was dying to see and hear them move, all I needed to do was solder on the motor wires, connect the battery and fire it up. Note that the smoker proportional wires are soldered at the board, not motors, and this seems to work just fine (smoker pumps faster or slower with motor speed). My smoke smells like candy floss, is that what the oil is based on?

I had to set my trim quite far forwards, have others noticed this? Sideways trim seems to be OK in the middle. Still seem to get a good range of speeds though, I counted about 7 distinct motor tone changes.

So, electronics are looking good... now all I need to do is install them in the tank without blowing anything

Took a photo of the empty interior to see how far down the gun motor hangs and see where I might fit stuff. I've also sprayed the silver part of the transmitter in my Sea Grey, I thought the silver made it look just a bit too tacky and toy-like.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20412.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	829868   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk30900.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	829869  
Old 12-21-2007, 11:31 AM
0z

hi guys can you help me with a question, can i put the tamiya tiger 1 tracks wheels and suspention arms on the HL tiger 1 i wanted to use the metal HL dished wheels and tracks but they are to expensive for me, will they fit and has anyone done this that can help me? my tiger is the smoke and sound version . many thanks
Old 12-21-2007, 12:08 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

jonnymorris - dont forget to put a bigger heatsink and cpu cooling fan on the drive transistors. This'll stop the board from blowing if you push it too hard.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:14 PM
jonnymorris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah, I will need to ask my local friendly computer shop if they have any heat sinks from a scrap PC. If I got one with a fan where should I connect the fan wires to on this new board set? Has anyone attempted to remove the drive transistors to the end of fly leads so that they are away from the main board, or is that a tad unnecessary?

Old 12-21-2007, 01:13 PM
swathdiver

ORIGINAL: 0z

hi guys can you help me with a question, can i put the tamiya tiger 1 tracks wheels and suspention arms on the HL tiger 1 i wanted to use the metal HL dished wheels and tracks but they are to expensive for me, will they fit and has anyone done this that can help me? my tiger is the smoke and sound version . many thanks
Not worth it, too much work involved.
Old 12-21-2007, 10:11 PM
0z

can you tell me what kind of work i need to do i have most of the parts, i just dont want to pull it apart my HL tiger and find nothing fits. thanks