Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

WSN Trumpeter T34 and Tiger

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

WSN Trumpeter T34 and Tiger

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 03:19 PM
henschel
My Feedback: (47)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WSN Trumpeter T34 and Tiger

Ok guys just got those new WSN T34/85 and Tiger tanks today. These are the new infrared battle tanks. First off is the very fast shipping. Got them in about 5 days from Hong Kong. Very detailed and weathered tanks. These would be very close in detail to say a Tamaya. Very smooth running. They sound like the real thing when running. Cool engine sound. Machine gun and cannon sound. Barrel flashes red when you shoot. Controller is user freindly. 3 buttons on top of transmitter. Push one button barrel goes up and down. Ohter button for cannon fire. Turret button you press once and turret goes one way. Push it again and turret goes the other way. If you shoot another tank 6 times the shot tanks shakes and is shut down for 30 seconds. Has volume control. It also has what looks like a molex connector in battery box on tank so you can install a nickel metal battery pack. Instructions says WSN sells the battery pack and charger as an option. Get one of these you can't go wrong. Awesome detail.
Old 12-08-2007, 03:34 PM
blitzkrieg65

Default RE: WSN Trumpeter T34 and Tiger

Hey henschel when you say sound is great, have you heard the Tamiya's or are you comparing it to the S&S Helng Long? IS the engine sound the same as other HL modles just louder or does it sound unique per model that have example the T-34 sounds differnat then the Tiger 1??

Is that the only setting for the IR system 6 hits and is it compatible with a Tamiya?

Thanks for the info, I may get one of those instead of the Matorro KT

The Blitz
Old 12-08-2007, 04:00 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

From the the way he describes the tanks IR system sounds like a copy of VS 1/24 6 hits tanks shake same deal...
Old 12-08-2007, 06:15 PM
henschel

Very solid tank. Very detailed. Sounds like it has metal tranny gears. Haven't checked yet but very quiet. Not like those plastic geared junk you get on ebay. Box says tanks were made by WSN but check this out, it also has a VS logo on the box too. Hope that helps.
Old 12-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Open it up and take a look!!! I doubt they have metal gears, BUT it would be a bonus if they were! The WSN T34/85 had the weak plastic gears.

Jeff
Old 12-08-2007, 08:57 PM
henschel

Can't figure out how open it up. 2 screws below in front of drive sprockets is all I can see. Both tanks are very quiet. I made the mistake of buying one of those El cheapo $40.00 tanks on ebay. A Tiger I. Says on the bottom it was made by Heng Long. I bought 2 Panzer III tanks from same ebay seller and they both say Heng Long. The Tiger I makes all kinds of noise. Plastic gears. It is already junk as it grinds when turning left. So either have to junk it or buy metal trans. So any of you new guys take it from me. Don't waste your money on those cheap tanks. Go buy one of these new WSN/VS tanks. They cost about the same after you have to go buy metal transmission. Also on the WSN Tiger tank the barrel recoils into the turret like the real thing when you shoot it.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Ummmm, if they are anything like the WSN molds, there are the two screws under the front of the lower hull, two screws under the tank about half way and one on top in the engine blacked out grill. Total of five screws.

If not, then they've changed them.

Jeff
Old 12-08-2007, 10:39 PM
wackywheelz

ORIGINAL: henschel
Don't waste your money on those cheap tanks. Go buy one of these new WSN/VS tanks.
LOL apart from the IR system, the WSN tank is less of a tank than a metal gearbox'd HL. Weaker plastics *see below*, plastic gears blah blah.... higher cost (*new* factor) - they look OK

Very quiet LOL, my T-34 has the loudest gearing out of all my tanks!!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq45971.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	821582   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zu66208.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	821583  
Old 12-08-2007, 10:55 PM
BIGMIG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need to send it back to the seller and tell them to send you another one.Forty dollars is a hell of a price for a new tank,unless they charged you another forty five dollars for shipping. BIGMIG
Old 12-09-2007, 12:30 AM
swathdiver

Heng Long takes realism very seriously! They factored in everything when designing their tanks and the you get the full effect with the Tiger. Tell me a tank that isn't noisy or doesn't have something break every couple of hours?

Seriously, you haven't given the tank a chance. Am curious to see those new VS Infrared tanks internals. If they're like the old T-34, they are not as robust as Heng Long.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:29 AM
The hussar

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Open it up and take a look!!! I doubt they have metal gears, BUT it would be a bonus if they were! The WSN T34/85 had the weak plastic gears.

Jeff
In the new serie Tiger I actuayly have the last small metal gear, (I think the T34 is same)

The Tiger I from matorro is a midle version and the detail are real good, and have the double internal wheel in the caterpillar track.

The problem is the, only one speed and the 280 poor motors.

[link]http://www.rc-panzerketten-forum.com/wbb2/thread.php?threadid=12392&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=1[/link]
Old 12-09-2007, 11:05 AM
blitzkrieg65

It sounds like you pay more for the nice paint job, and a almost IR system, does it have a recoiling cannon? Then you need to add about $200 u.s. to $250 u.s. in upgrades to go all metal and HL S & S or other electronics inside! Nice Christmas marketing plan!

The Blitz
Old 12-09-2007, 11:21 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The Heng Longs will run circles around these. The gears are exactly the same as the earlier T-34. They will be problematic. The Metal upgrade can help, but sooner or later you end up with too much flex in the plastic gear housing and you end up with gear hop. I've got one on my bench right now that has the transmission apart as I am shimming with brass and using epoxy putty to tighened up the tolerences and get it mobile again. IF this doesn't work my T-34 will be getting a Heng Long gear train.

I think the new WSN are a welcome addition, and will make fine kit bashes, but they are not as good running as the S&S heng longs with metal gears. I make this assumption based on the photo evidence supplied of the gear train. Exactly like the earlier versions, which a do have experience with.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:20 PM
swathdiver

I have to concur with you YHR. The hull isn't reinforced and look at that tiny battery compartment! The speaker mount is molded under the rear grills where it can get wet. Internal suspension looks more complicated too. The running gear, the road wheels and idler look great though! [sm=thumbup.gif] Wonder what those suspension arms are made out of? 280 motors and a sealed gearbox? I see Murphy's sales of gearboxes going way up! Now way will those things hold up to the abuse we put them through.

What's everyone else think?
Old 12-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Miggers

ORIGINAL: henschel

Very solid tank. Very detailed. Sounds like it has metal tranny gears. Haven't checked yet but very quiet. Not like those plastic geared junk you get on ebay. Box says tanks were made by WSN but check this out, it also has a VS logo on the box too. Hope that helps.

I'm well happy with my plastic geared junk[8D][8D][8D].

What's he got I hear you all chorus????,why of course,Miggers has the HL Tiger 1.

Miggers
Old 12-09-2007, 03:40 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I run some plastic gears in my Heng longs Tiger. All I did was replace that nylon clutch gear with the metal one. The rest stayed nylon They actually are very quiet

I am not a metal elitist, I just know what kind of trouble people are going to be in for with these WSN gears. Don't buy these thinking they are better running then a S&S Heng Long, because you will be disappointed. Having said that I have a stock gearbox in my SU100 and with plastic tracks and the metal gear upgrade it is still plugging along..........................for now.

My T-34 not so lucky.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Tanxalot

Well, just ordered a T34 from H Kong and will hopefully be able to give yet another impression. It might have to wait a while, SWMBO has bought it for Christmas!! (will need to check it upon delivery surely!!???)
Old 10-07-2012, 01:29 PM
Ievil

Hiya Guys! I am new to r/c tanks, and just received my WSN Tiger I from eBay, and to my horror it came in pieces, there were exterior parts broken off, the radio came loose from the packaging mount and the main damage was to the turret, it was completely broken off from the main gear, it has 4 mounts that screw into the turret so that it can rotate, my reason for posting is.... Do any of you know of where I can find a replacement gear for this WSN Tiger I, or would any of you happen to have a WSN Tiger I laying around that is for parts, with an intact gear?
i am not asking for free, I would be willing to pay... Unless you just wanted to make room and be rid of it, and wouldn't mind helping out a newbie to the hobby, lol either way, your help and expertise would be so very much appreciated, as this was to be a start of a father & son hobby endeavor.
sincerley,

ievil (Don)

Old 10-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Ievil

Hi again, so I just took the tiger apart and as it turns out... It's not the gear that has broken, it's the bottom of the turret housing, where the gear is attached or screwed in to, so I'd like to revised my request to ask about a replacement turret or just the bottom section of the turret...
Ty again,