Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

SnowTanks 2nd Review of KT.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

SnowTanks 2nd Review of KT.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 01:54 AM
SNOWTANK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SnowTanks 2nd Review of KT.

Well guys I had another round(s) at the KT. This time I got a fellow Tanker to have a look at it and give me his thoughts.
Appearance: Gets a good grade- Speed- Good- Speed selection- Good- Turret Rotation speed- Good overall if it is meant to be realistic though it seems that going to the left is a lot slower than going to the right but overall happy with it. Barrell Elevation - Good
- BB loader-Good- BB firing including range and power- Good - LIGHT- GOOD , REALISTIC not too bright. Machine gun fire-Very good- Tank main gun fire with recoil- Good- Sound firing good. Quality(Hull) Good -Suspension-Very good as the suspension arms are made of ABS and not styrene- Wheels-good quality again ABS not cheap plastic. However the right sprocket wheel is a littel warped which is hitting off of the idler wheel behind it and making that clicking sound. TankCommander- Not Good- Machine Gun Mount- Fair-
Hull details-Very good- Sound Board- fair- reason - the Buzzing noise when you begin to move the tank. Idler sound-Good-start up sound-Good-Smoke Generator-Good(The motor was sticking but it is working very well) However had to replace the hoses to the exhaust pipes and modify the splitter as the hoses were kinked. Works perfect now plenty of smoke.

Tank Performance-Good( The tank side skids like a real tank but with adusting the trim tabs I can make the tank do the superspin as well like a henglong when going forward or reverse but for stationary spin it side skids. I can make it sideskid as well going forward and reverse by angling the toggle to the left or right forward or reverse. Takes a while to get the trims just right but once you get it pretty close to the way a HL operates.

Some of the other plusses were a removalble cap to fill up your smoker. Removeable tank jack. The Mudflaps actually stay on unlike a HL on a Tiger1. The main circuit boards uses plug -ins instead of just solder with hotlglue to secure it as in a HL CIRCUIT BOARD.

The gear motors are small but with a little modification there is room to install Mato toys gears. The gears are inside a plastic enclosure so that is a plus. The hull is very easy to access and there is a lot of room inside it. Not a hard Tank to upgrade. Though taking off the wheels will be a chore.

The Tracks are decent but the pin running through the track is not enclosed like a HL Track.The pin goes through a hole on one end and just goes through notches then through the other hole on the other side of the track. May lead to tracks coming apart but we will see. Metal tracks may be the way to go here but for now I will see how these hold up. The T34 holds up very well.

The only other thing is that there is a large gap underneath the hull above the skirt. So don't take the tank swimming.

I've been breaking in the tank and getting used to it. My friend feels that the price is way too much but he says if it was around 100.00 than he get one. 200.00 for just a few small extras does not justify the price. Now that being said my review for this second round will be from Poor to Good. Most of it is on Par with a HL.

I'll change the star rating to 3 stars for this Tank. I may have been a little hot when I first got the tank but I am at the point where I am a little less emotional about it .

SnowTank
Old 12-29-2007, 04:04 AM
wackywheelz

Default RE: SnowTanks 2nd Review of KT.

The main circuit boards uses plug -ins instead of just solder with hotlglue to secure it as in a HL CIRCUIT BOARD.
The latest HL boards are like this, have been for months (although there are a lot of RX13's still floating about)

Suspension-Very good as the suspension arms are made of ABS and not styrene- Wheels-good quality again ABS not cheap plastic.
Oh don't let gyrate hear you say that

Most of it is on Par with a HL.
How lol? Just about everything is not so good, extras etc (especially for the price) but its a great start for a project!!
Old 12-29-2007, 05:47 AM
calvinlo

Now that sounds more like the Matorro KingTiger that I know...

Old 12-29-2007, 05:54 AM
wackywheelz

If and when the price ever drops, this will become a very appealing tank (to the masses). That said, I'll have 2 when they turn up - One stock, one Jagdtiger [8D]
Old 12-29-2007, 08:30 AM
Turbobearcat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't know the power of the Darkside... Opps...wrong Thread.. I thought after you owned the King Tiger and went over it you would change your mind.
I added the sponsons to mine and I'm not too worried about getting it wet..just not crazy wet! Muddy might be another story!

more fun later today..
Old 12-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Aslvrfrost98csvt

"The Tracks are decent but the pin running through the track is not enclosed like a HL Track.The pin goes through a hole on one end and just goes through notches then through the other hole on the other side of the track. "

the HL tiger track is not enclosed either its set up is the same as the KT . ive driven my tigers hard and never broke a track link.