Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

henglong tiger 1

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 04:05 PM
1002frans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default henglong tiger 1

HI,FELOW TANKERS.I RECENTLY BOUGHT A HENGLONG TIGER ONE ,VERY NICE MODEL FEW DISCREPANCIES BUT CAN BE RECTIFEID,BUT WHAT TICKLES ME IS WERE THEY FIT THE DRVE BATTTERY ,VERY AKWARD PLACE AND THE TANK IS PRONE TO DAMAGE WHEN YOU FIT THE BATTERY.ANOTHER COMPLAIN IS THE CHARGER NO TIMER NOTHING SPES WITH NICADS .I CHUCKED MINE AWAY ITS RUBBISH.THE CABLE WERE YOU FIT THE BAT IS 2SHORT AND SPACE F BATT VERY CRAMPED.RADIO AND EVERYTHING ELSE 100PERSENT BUT YOU CANT EXPECT MUTCH,AS IT IS FAIRLY CHEAP.I PREFER THE TAMIYA ONES BUT UNF IN S AFRICE THEY COST A ARM AND A LEG .EXHANGE RATE ,WOULD LOVE ONE.THEY CAN MAKE THE CHASSIS OUT OF METAL AND USE METAL PARTS FOR THE SUSPENSION.WIL COST MORE BUT WILL BE STRONGER AND BETTER SPES THE GEARBOXES AND THE TRACKS,BUT UNF ITS A COPY FROM TAMIYA .HOP UPS AVAIL BUT NOT IN SA ONLY OVERSEAS THE SOUND NOT TO BAD BUT NOT NEAR THE TAMIYA ONE.
Old 01-12-2008, 04:31 PM
gigantohawk

Default RE: henglong tiger 1

1002frans...You will find a lot of help here.
I don't have a H/L tiger 1, but I have the Panzer III as well as a Tamiya Sherman.
The Panzer III battery location seems to work fine, I'm surprised if it's much different with the tiger 1. As for the charger it's pretty much bullet proof. By that I mean you are in no real danger of overcharging your battery with it. Unless of course you keep it charging for 6 hours or more. A good quality Peak charger is more or less a necessity and if your battery leads are too short, then make them longer. Not forgetting heat -shrink tubing to insulate the solder joints.
Keep us posted with your tank upgrades.

Gigantohawk
Old 01-13-2008, 12:20 AM
1002frans

HI FELOW TANKERS.ANOTHER COMPLAIN ON THE HENLONG IS THE INSTRUCTIONS VERY BAD AND THEY DONT GIVE ANY SPAREPART NRS.THEY HAVE STILL GOT A LOT TO LEARN BUT AFTERALL NOT A BAD MODEL,WERE I BOUGHT MINE THE SHOP OWNER SAID HE SOLD A LOT OVER THE HOLIDAY SEASON BUT HAD NO COMEBACKS,BUT IN THE END YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.BUT AGAIN NOT A TOY FOR A KID SPECIALY SHOOTING THE BB BULLETS
Old 01-13-2008, 01:10 AM
wackywheelz

Tiger 1 Battery compartment is fine, as long as you put the battery in the right way (there is a wrong way, which makes it all jammed in). The pershing (Snow Leopard) has an even more cramped battery compartment... I dont know why people ***** and moan about the stock battery/charger, theyre fine as long as you charge it for how long, its not that hard to calculate. If you discharge and charge them properly, you have no problems.
Old 01-13-2008, 01:26 AM
1002frans

thanks for your input,my main c plain about the charger is it hasnt got a light were you can see if its charging,those 2 pin plugs is utterly rubbish because you always cant see if its charging.but as i am in to models i have got a decent nicad charger but the best is still the apex charger whitch completely discaharge the bat before charging it but they r very expensive here,about a thousand rand apiece dep on witch one you buy
Old 01-13-2008, 06:21 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NO CAPS!

Old 01-13-2008, 08:36 AM
pzrwest

Yes No Caps it's a form of shoutting
Old 01-28-2008, 01:52 PM
1002frans

[:@]had a lot of trouble with mine was operating the bb gun all of a sudden i smelt smoke.the bb gun stopped working nothing could budge it.took it back now sitting without my tank 2transistors gone on the pc board packed up.battling to get the transistors to replace them[sm=angry_smile.gif][sm=48_48.gif][sm=punching.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=drowning.gif] they must def make the lead in the batt comp longer and do a proper quality check on it before it leaves the factory.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:42 PM
1002frans

HI,GOT MY TANK BACK 2 NIGHT ITS 100% NOW BUT DONT KNOW FOR HOWLONG COST ME ABOUT 14DOLLARS TO HAVE IT FIXED.L[sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif][sm=biggrin.gif]UCKILY IVE GOT A FREIND WHO IS INTO ELECTRONICS HE FIXED IT FOR ME
Old 02-05-2008, 11:32 AM
brel
Banned

I have a Heng long Tiger 1 and have just finished putting the metal gear boxes, sprockets, road wheels and tracks on it and it is awsum as a model goes. I have even managed to turn the gun mantle so that the commanders range finder aiming sights are on the correct side, also I have corrected the gun barrel length and it still fires BB's with no loss of power in the gun. I would post a couple of picture but I do not no what the protocol for pictures is on this site
Old 02-05-2008, 11:02 PM
1002frans

BREL,Ionly recently started with tanks,the henlong needs a controll check before it leaves the factory,had a lt of p blems with mine need a new metal gearbox on the left side no hop ups avail in sa only overseas.Mine came with metal tracs and main sprocket the rest is plastic wheels,but the r alot cheeper than the tamiya but the quality no good.got to do the hop ups toget better performance out of them.Cant compare them with tamiya,ive got tamiya truck and ldv's the r undestructeble keeps on comming back for more,regards frans gauteng s africa
Old 02-06-2008, 01:26 AM
1002frans

how do you tighten the idler on a h l tiger mine the rear idler is comming undone please help
Old 02-06-2008, 08:22 AM
pzrwest

Are you talking about the rear idler comming apart, separateing into two halves? If so you just need to re-glue it. Sometimes the guy with the glue brush can be heavy handed with the glue other times he gets a little to light with it.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:23 PM
1002frans

NO its comming out of the body how do you fix it.Got a lot of play the other side is ok i see on my other tank it is the same
Old 02-06-2008, 01:07 PM
blitzkrieg65

Glue the axle into the body, if the body is damaged get some 2 part epoxy cover the whole thing in if you want and drill a tight hole again! But if all is OK just use CA ( Super Glue ) it in then if you ever have to remove it you can get it out with out breaking the plastic,
Hope that helps!?

The Blitz[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 02-06-2008, 01:18 PM
1002frans

THANKS BKRIEG 65 its comming out of the chassis is it a screw or just a pin .thanks frans
Old 02-06-2008, 01:24 PM
blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: 1002frans

THANKS BKRIEG 65 its comming out of the chassis is it a screw or just a pin .thanks frans
Its just a pin, you should probably go ahead and open your tank up and take a look on the inside! Not only to check out the idler, but coming from the factory srews can be flying around inside that have came off of the gear box, or they are clung to the motors! It is good to get familiar with the process because at some point you will want to do something to it!

The Blitz
Old 02-16-2008, 08:00 AM
1002frans

HI,Finaly took the plunge getting a king tiger full option some were during the week,swopped a toyota 4/4rc ldv for it,the tank is unbuilt,cant wait for it 2 get here.The ldv is a collectors item had it for a long time.MYother models is 2tiger 1 heng longs.Its unbuilt the tank
Old 02-19-2008, 05:54 AM
1002frans

HI,Me again,can anybody help me with a spare tiger 1metalgearbox on left hand side please.E mailed henglong but no feedback from them.thanks frans.pm me will work something out.Keep on tanking,getting my king tiger on saterday flying down to durban to get it.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:35 AM
Panzerfaust77

ORIGINAL: wackywheelz

Tiger 1 Battery compartment is fine, as long as you put the battery in the right way (there is a wrong way, which makes it all jammed in). The pershing (Snow Leopard) has an even more cramped battery compartment... I dont know why people ***** and moan about the stock battery/charger, theyre fine as long as you charge it for how long, its not that hard to calculate. If you discharge and charge them properly, you have no problems.
INTERESTING. WHAT IS THE 'RIGHT' WAY TO PUT IN THE BATTERY? DO YOU HAVE PICS?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:21 AM
brel
Banned

I find it easier to put the battery in with the battery's power connector end towards the rear of the Tiger tank, as shown in the picture
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35990.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	50.6 KB
ID:	883054   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sp45339.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	883055  
Old 02-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Panzerfaust77

ORIGINAL: brel

I find it easier to put the battery in with the battery's power connector end towards the rear of the Tiger tank, as shown in the picture
Cheers but your power cable is waaay longer than mine so I cant' do that.
Old 02-19-2008, 12:04 PM
1002frans

Mine the wire where the plug comes through the hull was 2 short had to modify it.FRANS
Old 02-19-2008, 12:51 PM
brel
Banned

ORIGINAL: Panzerfaust77

I took the tank apart and desoldered the wires from the switch and PCB undid the knot and resoldered the wires. Because the battery in the photo is from an old rc car that no longer works so I had to lengthen the tanks wires.
the wires on the black battery are shorter than the wires on the stock HL battery as shown in the picture, but since I lengthened the power lead I have moved the main power switch in to the turret
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qn38247.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	883126   Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83488.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	883127  
Old 02-19-2008, 01:48 PM
Panzerfaust77

ORIGINAL: Panzerfaust77

I took the tank apart and desoldered the wires from the switch and PCB undid the knot and resoldered the wires. Because the battery in the photo is from an old rc car that no longer works so I had to lengthen the tanks wires.
the wires on the black battery are shorter than the wires on the stock HL battery as shown in the picture, but since I lengthened the power lead I have moved the main power switch in to the turret
Yikes! You need get an oil-shield over those geas! That PCB is covered with oil [X(]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.