Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

HL Tiger 1 question

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HL Tiger 1 question

I just purchased a hl tiger 1 and the front mantlet seems to be upside down? I looked at several pics on this forum and I saw some both ways. My tiger is tan with a green camo stripe. My red light beside the barrell is on the right if the tank is facing towards you . How can I change it? Also how do you get the turrent off. This is my first hl tank so be easy on me.........ha ha
Old 06-06-2008, 11:41 PM

Default RE: HL Tiger 1 question

my tiger is like the one at the top of page 13 in the photo colum.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "search" feature is your friend. There's dozens of how tos on how to flip it or just buy a corrected one. It can be flipped in about an hour.
Old 06-07-2008, 02:36 PM

Hi

Posted this a good while back but here it is again

Basically you do the following

1. Open the hull - 5 large screw on the bottom of the tank and four under the tracks. The tracks need to come off first but it is easy to push a pin out to remove them. Once the hull is open you can disconnect the wires running to the turret, lights and ariel by unplugging them.
2. Remove the turret - There are three screws holding the turret ring gear on (the toothed wheel). Once removed the ring comes off and the turret can be removed - be careful not to stretch the wires too much as you may break them.
3. Split the turret - Five screws hold the top and bottom together. When you take them out the turret comes apart and the gun can be removed.

At this point it gets a wee bit trickier but not imposible if you take your time and are careful.

4. Remove the mantlet - two screws, one either side must be removed and the two lights (one for the machine gun and the other for the BB warning light) pulled out of their sockets carefully. There is some glue holding them but it was not too strong in my Tiger. Once these bits are removed the mantlet comes off the with a gentle bit of persuasion. You will now notice that the screw that attach the mantlet are not the same distance from the edge on both sides. Also the machine gun mounting hole is on the wrong side. What I did was put a small amount of white paint on the mounting pins on the mantlet and pushed it on the right way round as far as it would go. When I took it off I have three nice circle paint marks where the bits touched and I needed to drill out the new holes. It sounds complicated but is not really. Once drilled the mantlet can go on the right way.

5. At this point I also lengthened the gun as it looks like it is in full recoil. I also filled the hole that the bb active light used as I never liked this - apart from the fact it looked wrong I prefer the stealth approach

6. Put everything back together - this is just the reverse of the previous 5 steps.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Gorehound
Old 06-07-2008, 09:08 PM

Thanks for all the great info!