Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

1/8 scale Alex Shlakhter T90-how good are they?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

1/8 scale Alex Shlakhter T90-how good are they?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 07:40 PM
darksaber33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1/8 scale Alex Shlakhter T90-how good are they?

Hi
i just wondered if any one on here had any experience with the russian made 1/8 scale Alex Shlakhter T90 or any of the other tanks in the range.
As i may be able to buy a slightly used one for less than £900.

Any help would be great

http://www.rctanks.ru/

http://www.mark-1-tank.co.uk/russian-t90.html
Old 09-24-2008, 04:17 AM
crazytanker

Default RE: 1/8 scale Alex Shlakhter T90-how good are they?

A friend of mine from USA bought this tank a few years earlier. He had re-made the lower hull with metal. The original hull was made of GRP which is not strong enough to
support the weight of metal tracks & wheels. I am also told that the quality of metal tracks & wheels were very poor.
Old 09-24-2008, 04:38 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

First thing forget what anyone from Germany or the US says about any of the Shlakhter tanks they may be made by the same guy but are supplied in different qualities Mark insists that they are built to a high standard each tank is personally tested by Mark if there are any deficiency's with a tank then Mark will either sort out the problem or send it back other suppliers rarely see the tank as it's usually sent straight to the customer and if there is a problem then they are usually on there own Mark will still look after this tank if you buy it and also honour the warranty he offers even though you haven't bought from him none of the other suppliers offer this after sales support, I have had two of these tanks and know quite a few people who either own or have owned these tanks, Dandare had a T90 and found it to be very reliable and this is a guy who owns 3x 1/6 Tanks and had a fleet of over 12x 1/16 tanks he has never built a tank and has never carried out any maintenance work on any of his tanks.
What I would do is give Mark a call tell him who you are intending buying the tank from if you have any pictures of this tank then e-mail him Mark, has the history of every tank he has ever sold, he is very helpful if/when you call him mention me.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:02 AM
971wright

Hi ther like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/radio-controll...d=p3286.c0.m14 he has been trying to sell this for at least 2 months send him an email and make him an offer.He started at £1500 been comming down in price .must need the money

regards pete
Old 09-24-2008, 07:35 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I remember this one I can remember him trying to sell this a year ago, This is relatively new with chain drive this really is a good drive system and makes the much larger 1/6 tanks turn with ease this one was supplied through Wolfgang at Big tanks in Germany delivered straight to the customer and wont be covered by any warranty though Mark 1 tanks could help if there was a problem, make him an offer the worst he can say is NO
Old 09-24-2008, 09:42 AM
darksaber33

thanks for all the help guys,it was most useful.

i just have to check my finances as i just paid a large electricty billl and also bought a plane ticket to Hong Kong for November (It will be my 7th trip in 5 years.

I found a great model shop in Sham-Shui-Po in Kowloon -Hong Kong.It had TAMIYA FULL option 1/16 tanks for less than half the price of UK & HK retail stores.
So im heading out to HK in November for 5 months & spend some quality time with my girls +pick up a Tamiya for cheap+ alot more.

Old 09-24-2008, 04:10 PM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

tanks are really nice, but the background scenery is fabulous[X(]
Could visit HK just for the decorative aspect of the trip[sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 09-24-2008, 06:37 PM
Panzerfaust77

2nd picture from last is right out of some hi-tech anime. I would love to go there.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:57 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

So do your "girls" like to play with tanks? Just don't try to play with them on Sundays in Wanchai... the Philippina amas will destroy them as they come pouring out of the bars.

I know the shop you are referring to & give it a big thumbs up. I also try to get down into the hobby district in Mongkok on every trip I make to HKG. There's plenty of things for the ladies to do in the neighborhood - someone really was thinking when they planned this neighborhood!

If you have an spare weekend, get a China visa & come on up to HZ for the weekend. Rumor has there may even be a T55 factory in the area..

Chuck
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj23472.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	1040353  
Old 09-24-2008, 07:59 PM
wackywheelz

Or, as seen on [link=http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=nathan+road+Mong+Kok,+Hong+Kong&sll=22.314805,114.173441&sspn=0.014431,0.027809&ie=UTF8&ll=22.316562,114.172164&spn=0.003727,0.006952&z=18]Google Maps[/link]
Old 09-24-2008, 08:24 PM
darksaber33

it's good to hear from you guys who also Know hong kong. i have to say that the main model shops are very over priced considering the location of hong hong.Although if you do hunt around you can find some stores selling models at very good prices.

for example i have only purchased from UMl-UNIVERSAL MODELS only small value goods. there TAMIYA full option tanks cost as much as here in England

If some one i know is going to HK and they ask for some shoping tips i always tell they should never to buy from hong kong island as in most places your paying hiked up tourist prices.

There 's model shop in causeway bay (ver near to victoria park) that sells rare toys and models but the prices are just silly on alot of there items.

4 years ago i was walking along kwong wa street looking through all the airsosft stores and then walked into a RC helicopter shop and low & behold there was a used Tamiya full option Tiger 1 with RC gear for the amazing bargain of $2500HK - £170 !! i bought it on the spot

Im glad you liked my photos,i have taken over 4000 of HK over the years,dont worry im not going to post them all here

Old 09-24-2008, 09:18 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

I miss the old Hong Kong when I did a lot of business there in the early '90s before it reverted back to the Motherland. Many fond memories of the pubs & clubs, especially China City & its glass-enclosed private rooms where you could sit & watch a lot of action all around you. [sm=omg_smile.gif] [sm=red_smile.gif] That club was expensive & probably where the Las Vegas Tourism Council got their logo "Whatever Happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas."

I can't agree with you more on UMI & many of the overpriced shops. However the shops in Mongkok are a convenient place to buy supplies & kits that I cannot obtain easily in China.