Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

S.C.A.T. January Battle Day

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

S.C.A.T. January Battle Day

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2009, 10:48 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: S.C.A.T. January Battle Day

I just got home from the battle, and it was great. Pleased to report no rain. Field was dry, and Steve and his sons and the rest of the crew did a wonderful job on it. We worked a few hours on the field and then the battling started. Steve picked up 50 or so new trees and we put a bunch of them in. The village has much more cover. Thanks everyone for the wonderful time. We look forward to the next battleday.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:51 AM
blitzkrieg65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all the SCAT crew and Steve’s family for hosting another great battle!

The weather held out and it turned out to be a fine day to battle and meet some new tankers and some old tankers that were new to me!

Ok time for the Blitz Battle report!! Ah I almost won a big battle I was the last Axis standing with my KT and only a few shots on me! But here was the scenario, Ethan had one of his Shermans, and had the high ground! If I could have gotten up to him or even rushed him it would have been over but the mountain passes where blocked with dead tanks! I might have been able to swing all the way around I can’t quite remember? If I could have,, that would have been the move to make! I got very close but because of the elevation and I still have some work to do, on my IR placement! And I think it was the indecision that got me, in the end and not to mention Ethan is a very good battler,, that probably had most to do with it!

How did the Stug III do you asked? Well it did very well, even better then I expected! I had planned on using it as a sniper weapon, but I keep hearing the phrase “assault tank†in my head! So after exchanging a couple of shots with Alan in his Pershing,,, from me on the high ground and him across the battle field on the other side of the river! I am guessing we were at least 30-35 feet apart with about a 5-foot elevation difference! I thought well let me get down off of here and do some real damage before I get killed and stuck up here! I advance down the mountain and had a bead on a Sherman advancing up the middle in the valley! I took him out almost before he knew where the shots where coming from but now I am drawing the attention of anther Sherman coming from my lower left flank, and Alan has crossed the bridge, and coming to finish me off from the other side of the battle field!!! I exchange a few blast with that Sherman, I think I hit Alan one more time and made sure I was blocking the road when they converge and finish me off!

I had the Super Pershing but I did not battle it, pattoncommanders tanks is in pristine condition and I think he should be the one to get the marks on it! I did break it out for the a couple of pics though!

Thanks again for all that showed up and the guys from Phoenix are troopers I hope the trip home flew by!

The Blitz

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46555.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	1119819   Click image for larger version

Name:	Rm38703.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	1119820   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31852.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	172.1 KB
ID:	1119821   Click image for larger version

Name:	Le93054.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	171.1 KB
ID:	1119822   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fc90196.jpg
Size:	165.1 KB
ID:	1119823   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85960.jpg
Size:	173.5 KB
ID:	1119824   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ja40942.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	1119825   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gi83352.jpg
Size:	210.6 KB
ID:	1119826  

Old 01-26-2009, 01:34 AM
NitroAssassin

Look at the King Tiger on the bridge, awesome! must have been built well to support that beast

How do you guys adjust the hit ratio for a tank like the sherman vs the KingTiger? Realistically the sherman could fire at it all day long without hurting it so I'm curious how you work it out in a battle?

Looks like you guys have a freakin blast.. We need a tank club in these parts..
Old 01-26-2009, 01:33 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

Great pictures and what a dry battlefield!!! No worries there as I did hear it does drain very well!

Thanks for the reports guys and the pics! Things look awesome!
Old 01-26-2009, 01:43 PM
SCAT PATTON

Thanks to everyone who made it, I had a great time seeing everyone. Even with the threat of rain all day we had over 20 people and some 7 on 7 battles. DAK showed up again; these guys amaze me....the threat of rain and they still make to long road trip. The battle field looked good; Thank you everyone who helped with setting up, its a lot of work. Thanks a bunch Amie for all your help with the trees and helping Kate, its really apreciated. Thank you Chritian for putting together another building for the battle field. The town continues to slowly expand.

Also welcome new member Mike Curry; you and your wife were very pleasent to meet and talk to, I hope you guys can make it often.

I would like to add some more detail to the battle field in the future. I have some ideas that we can kick around but lets save that for private chat.

Last but not least, Thanks to my wife Kate; she is awsome!

Steve
Old 01-26-2009, 01:45 PM
SCAT PATTON

Hi Nitro

We just set the Kings on heavy and the Shermans on medium. Its not the perfect senario but we still have fun.

Steve
Old 01-26-2009, 02:00 PM
blitzkrieg65

Yes Steve,, you have a keeper there with Kate, make sure and thank her for me she gave me a cup of coffee before I got into the truck and it kept me alert for the ride home, I really needed it!

Phil
Old 01-26-2009, 02:28 PM
tailend charlie

We all had a great time as usual. The hospitality was on pare with a 5 star resort. Coffee, food and desert. The field looks better each time. Alex was in heaven and his friend George has asked his parents for a tank. He said it was actually better then playing his X-box. Thanks again Steve and Kate for having us.
Old 01-26-2009, 02:42 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Again It looks like you had fun. Sounds like a trip along the coast hi-way for me this summer if you are planning anything.!!!!!! I just have to talk the wife into down an back get away!!!!
Old 01-28-2009, 07:47 PM
blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: YHR

Again It looks like you had fun. Sounds like a trip along the coast hi-way for me this summer if you are planning anything.!!!!!! I just have to talk the wife into down an back get away!!!!
It would be well worth the trip Dan, besides the beauty of the cost highway, in the summer time we have day & night battles! [sm=punching.gif]

The Blitz