Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Micromark and Smooth on

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Default Micromark and Smooth on

I recently added a comment to a post about micromark, but figured I would start a thread based on these two companies, for those who haven't heard of these two, they are based in the states. Micromark is a small tool company which also sells some train items but mostly, hobby tools, they really have a lot of items. And smooth on is a company which sells two-part mixtures for molds, which are then used for making resin, plastic, or rubber parts, this stuff is great to make scratchbuilt parts, especially if you have a lot of the same part to make. Because the mold is rubberized and can be used multiple times, so if someone has not seen these sites give them a look, some pretty neat stuff.

http://www.micromark.com
http://www.smooth-on.com/

Wade
Old 02-22-2009, 12:20 PM
tailend charlie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Micromark and Smooth on

Great sites. Found some neat things. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:24 PM
blitzkrieg65

Thanks Rebellion,

I had the link to Mircomark, but the smoothon site is intersting,, hmmm[8D]

The Blitz[sm=shades_smile.gif]
Old 02-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Rebellion13

I have used the smooth cast 300, really easy to use. Mix ratio of 1 to 1, can't get any simpler than that. And when hardened that stuff is really durable. Your welcome Charlie, yeah a lot of interesting stuff on both those sites, micromark sells milliput and rustall, among other neat stuff. Oh and micromark also has supplies for metal casting

Wade
Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 PM
firenick

Wade, I have ordered from both companies and have had great results from both. I use the Mold Max 30 (10:1) for my molds and the Smooth cast 322 (1:1) for my castings. The Mold Max 30 rubber is silicone and holds up well to several castings and the Smooth cast 322 has a pot life ( about 5 minutes, total cure approx 4 hrs) which gives me enough time for pouring several molds at a time. I order the casting products from a supplier named Reynolds Advanced Materials out of Dallas which sells the Smooth On products at the same cost as the manufacturer but they are much closer to me so I can get my orders in about 2 days. Just sharing my experiences.

Nick
Old 02-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Rebellion13

glad to hear that Nick, no shipping for me smooth-on is about 30 minutes from my house yeah great stuff I definitely recommend it.

Wade