Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Daryl Turners KT Spring Idler system

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Daryl Turners KT Spring Idler system

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 08:02 PM
bowlman

Received 85 Likes on 69 Posts
Default Daryl Turners KT Spring Idler system

Hi im using Daryl Turner Idler System on plastic tracks done had one link brake am going with Impact metal tracks from ETO set up by instructions 1 1/4 on left and 1 1/2 on right for springs now the instructions say for metal tracks cut a little shorter for the metal tracks my question is how much shorter have you cut the springs I dont want to take off to much .

Thanks
Jimmy
Old 04-17-2009, 08:33 PM
hdbeast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Daryl Turners KT Spring Idler system

Before you do cut any more of the springs I'd mount the metal tracks and see how it works, then only cut as needed to keep them from coming off. There is no exact length to cut them and a little trial and then cut is recommended.

Gary
Old 04-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Daryl Turners KT Spring Idler system

I'm using the same setup, and after chopping the springs down to 1/2 size, finally had to add a third spring. You need all you can get. Three springs keep the treads on, but you still get a bit of bunching on a pivot. Try turning on grass, and they'll bunch up, but not come off. It works pretty good for me.