Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

its grrrrrrrreat!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 06:25 PM
CreepingdeathRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default its grrrrrrrreat!!!

get it? tiger growling ? cornflakes?

here is Creepingdeathrc's sound board in a hl tiger with stock hl electronics..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZPMIqbSCOQ

there also is another board with i nice cammed lope for those who like that warmed over detroit sound.
Old 04-24-2009, 06:55 PM
chinito_03

Default RE: its grrrrrrrreat!!!

is this for sale now? cant fnd it in your website..

daryl
Old 04-24-2009, 06:59 PM
CreepingdeathRC

should be up by mid week. we are stocking up on speakers, and static bags. we'll be doing a video of this beast in action monday..weather permitting.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:07 PM
torpedochief

Pretty neat!

How does the start up sound? Does this also have the main gun and the MG?

Great work guys! What is the price tag going to be?

Don
Old 04-24-2009, 07:13 PM
googlydoogly

That sounds awesome! The idle engine sound is kinda annoying, but the revving sound is great. This is a definite must-buy.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:14 PM
chinito_03

alright.... count me in...
Old 04-24-2009, 07:48 PM
CreepingdeathRC

the system powers up a relay off of the smoker. so as soon as the stock engine cranks and you get that intial "pop" noise of the hl sound and then our system comes on with a quick burst of about 1100 rpm than settles down to about 700 rpm. the board is just pure engine noise no gun sound effects. but the thunder board is a universal thing. meaning that it can be mated with tamiya dmds, el mods, stock hl... pretty much anything. the trade off is to power it you will need to delete the smoker, and add two 9.6 battery packs. this sounds like so much work but in fact the way we designed the kit,it is a quick plug in affair. on models like the hl tiger and pershing speaker and batteries are an easy fit. on panzer 3's 4's and bulldogs removal of the battery box may be in order. its a very small price to pay for the sound that you get. price is going to be $85 with the kc 35 speaker and free shipping. the kc 35 is a great match for the board and does not require a speaker box to be built. this pushes rc tanking to a new limit. you actually feel yourself driving the tank in a new way. its hard to explain but in a sense you tune yourself into driving. the board reads engine voltage not rpms so it is over the top realistic....and really fun!! the reason for the two 9.6 battery packs is to keep the system universal to all rc applications and eliminate any dc motor noise. the system can even be powered by two 7.2 stock hl packs, the downside to that is its a little quiter and the 7.2 packs are so much larger than just a 9.6 rc battery pack. we tried so hard to not go the 9.6 battery route, but after the test drives in my tiger i just couldnt stop driving around. on full volume your neighbors down the block will come out. its cool!!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:05 PM
thebronze

Sounds fantastic....But how do You keep the stock HL electrics from frying because of the 9.6 volts??
Old 04-24-2009, 08:16 PM
Freddi79

Very nice indeed! Creep are you using stock metal gear boxes or are those 3:1?
Old 04-24-2009, 08:26 PM
CreepingdeathRC

hey Bronze. thats the best part!! our system operates independently of whatever electronics the rc device is using. our board just reads the voltage off of the motor/motors and translates it to the engine tone and rpm. this also gets rid of any(pwm) interference from the motors coming through the speakers. so say if you were running an elmod board with all the bells and whistles and pushed it a little too hard, our board would survive and vice versa. the same applies to hl boards, tamiya dmds, the kids barbie vette..(yep i had to do it.) the board is has 2 fail safe circuits that if it were ever to fry it cant push power anywhere back to the motors or the main tank controlling board.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:26 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

I'd be interested in one for sure. PM me when they are for sale
Old 04-24-2009, 08:28 PM
CreepingdeathRC

will do
Old 04-24-2009, 08:53 PM
CreepingdeathRC

the idle is adjustable i got it cranked way low. there is another version that has a loping idle. we hooked in a thermistor on the rough idle board and stuck it in the heatsink. so when the tank warms up the idle smooths out a little. the gears are stock hl metal. with 3:1's you could really get lost in the rpms....COOL!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 09:51 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks cool...what's the price point?

And how are the redesigned turrets and airsoft gun systems coming?
Old 04-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Ern

I'm with you Philipat... I want to hear an airsound round firing at 400 fps! [X(]
Old 04-24-2009, 09:55 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Coulden't one just by the ram system for trucks it sounds the same and works the same but cost much less?
Old 04-24-2009, 10:41 PM
lthump

WOW !This is a new "must have " like metal gearboxes ,and S&S boards. I'm in Australia, so am concerned about postage price........ please email me, [email protected] as maybe could do a bulk order to lessen postage.
Old 04-24-2009, 11:34 PM
thebronze

ORIGINAL: CreepingdeathRC

hey Bronze. thats the best part!! our system operates independently of whatever electronics the rc device is using. our board just reads the voltage off of the motor/motors and translates it to the engine tone and rpm. this also gets rid of any(pwm) interference from the motors coming through the speakers. so say if you were running an elmod board with all the bells and whistles and pushed it a little too hard, our board would survive and vice versa. the same applies to hl boards, tamiya dmds, the kids barbie vette..(yep i had to do it.) the board is has 2 fail safe circuits that if it were ever to fry it cant push power anywhere back to the motors or the main tank controlling board.

So it takes 2- 9.6V to power Your board in addition to the 7.2v for the HL??
Old 04-24-2009, 11:35 PM
Ern

Hey LT... I beliveve that worldwide postage is included in the cost. Everything else they have is like that... one price, all included
Old 04-24-2009, 11:37 PM
Ern

ORIGINAL: CreepingdeathRC

. price is going to be $85 with the kc 35 speaker and free shipping.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:17 AM
Monotheist

That sound might not be like the real thing BUT to me its 100% better any any digitized sound recording I have heard bar the Benedini units. Sounds much more like a real engine rather than the duh-duh-duh of a 1sec sample pieced together. Great job. I actually just received my Benedini sound unit (TBS5) for my Tamiya Sherman last week but unfortunately it didnt work so have had to send it back for repair so didnt even get a chance to play with it yet but might buy one of yours as well just in case. Even if I threw it in my rock crawler I reckon that would sound awesome!

Now I just need one of your Tamiya turret upgrades to be released to throw on mt Sherman so I can go shoot some stuff and I will be in tank heaven...
Old 04-25-2009, 05:17 AM
thomasjohnmurphy

where would you get one of those?
Old 04-25-2009, 05:45 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I cant believe what I'm reading hear at first I thought it was my computer but sounds fine when I play other things so the only conclusion that I can come to is this sound unit is very poor at best you have managed to create a sound unit that may have had people raving in the 60's but to me it's little better than the Heng Long sound system sounds more like a diesel engine than a petrol engine, I think you should go back to the drawing board with this one, I think I'm going to be a wealthy man as there is no way I would spend money on this
Old 04-25-2009, 08:12 AM
h8ted

Yeah - i gotta say i'm not a big fan myself.

The idea is cool - especially the way it increases with 'RPM' is cool...but

It sounds like that Spyhunter game on the Commodore 64

Sorry guys.[]
Old 04-25-2009, 10:12 AM
CreepingdeathRC

Ern, Phillipat- the new gun system is for pretty much complete. we have a problem though as one of companies that makes a key part for us went out of business. we have talked to 2 different companies and it looks that they can make the part. any parts that we cant make in our shop have to be state side ordered.the "made in the USA" moniker is very important to us. damn this ressision, it has hurt too many people!!

shenlonco- this baby is no ram system. I had a chance to hear a ram system at a hobby shop....this beast is not a ram system. it would be like comparing herbie the love bug to mad max...us being the madmax.

bronze- yes the battery requirements are two 9.6 volts in addition to the stock 7.2, or you can also run two 7.2 packs in addition to the onboard 7.2 bat pack. we tried our hardest not to go this route, but the benifits far outway the negitives. installation of the sound system is so simple and user friendly, its not too big of an issue. charging the two auxil packs is made simple by the onboard relay. you just pop off your lower battery cover and there are the plugs. the volume, tone, idle, top end/rev limiter are all on bournes style trimmers. so they can be mounted anywhere on your tank. a 1/16th hole can be drilled and the adjustment screws can be accesed with a fine screwdriver. we like to use the grills in the tank and just place the pots under the grills. but when i see all the mods alot of you have done there shouldnt be any issues.

monotheist-yep to us its much more realistic than the typical sound systems that are out there. we've messed with alot of them and we're just like you. we can pick out the recording through idle to top end. Benidini is in our opinion the best out there. we have to give credit where credit is due. but to me its just a heck of alot of cash to drop in a tank. wait till you see the video with the kit speaker and tiger in action. we couldnt figure out at first what this odd howling sound from the tank was when we were driving with the volume pumped at full throttle. then we realized it was the air inside the tank being pushed out the vents. sure as heck the speaker was acting as an air pump. talk about sounding cool. but hopefully we'll capture that effect in the next video. also what is your avatar? it looks so familar but i cant quite place it.

rivit counter- lol your name fits you you well. we are not too concerned about uber authenticity, we just wanted something fun that enhances the driving experience. I know a fellow thats about 20 minutes away from us here. he's a big tamiya fan and has the 105 sherman FO. he always rants on us about our hl's particulary the airsoft feature....(i've had to pick up bbs out of his yard). I fired up our tiger, the board came to life and handed him the sticks. the first thing he did was give it full throttle and he cracked a smile. then he put the tiger through its paces, driving it more like he would his sherman. usually he would point out the super spin mode and tell me "this isnt real". but not this time. his smile never left him when he was driving. he never had to say anything his smile said it all. he had fun and thats what its all about...lol you couldnt here his sherman when the tiger was running above idle.

h8ted- i love spyhunter!!! i dumped alot of quarters in that game http://www.tripletsandus.com/80s/80s...spyhunter2.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.