Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Priceless

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 10:23 PM
Freddi79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Priceless

Track coming off + forum help + headache + tinkering with drive wheels and idlers + installed new metal tracks + headache + re-installed idlers = FINALLY, everything is working fine...NO more problems with tracks coming off......."PRICELESS"

**after a hard fought battle I finally got my tiger in good working order, tracks stay on tight even through hard resistance!**

Old 04-28-2009, 10:25 PM
chinito_03

Default RE: Priceless

ORIGINAL: Freddi79

Track coming off + forum help + headache + tinkering with drive wheels and idlers + installed new metal tracks + headache + re-installed idlers = FINALLY, everything is working fine...NO more problems with tracks coming off......."PRICELESS"

**after a hard fought battle I finally got my tiger in good working order, tracks stay on tight even through hard resistance!**

did u replace your plastic idler with the metal one?
Old 04-28-2009, 10:26 PM
maverick pro

hey freddi...what did you end up doing to the tiger????

thanks...mike
Old 04-28-2009, 11:59 PM
thebronze

I dunno why Everyone has probs with they're tracks coming off....I pretty much beat the hell outta my Tiger 1, and have never had a problem...Metal tracks , drive wheels and plastic idlers. I added metal arms and suspension spigots to repair some broken ones...But never any problem with throwing a track..I guess I'm lucky
Old 04-29-2009, 02:55 PM
Freddi79

ORIGINAL: chinito_03

ORIGINAL: Freddi79

did u replace your plastic idler with the metal one?
Yes I replaced the plastic idler with metal ones.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:06 PM
Freddi79

ORIGINAL: maverick pro

hey freddi...what did you end up doing to the tiger????

thanks...mike

All I can say is that your drive sprockets is likely the cause of the tracks coming off but nevertheless make sure they are tight and snug. That being said I paid more attention to the idlers. All I did was made sure the idlers did NOT wobble even slightly. I used simple scotch tape and taped in around the screw/axle then I shoved it in the idler making super tight! Once you do this though you you'll notice your first run will be noisy and a little tight..but don't worry, the friction will melt the tape in place and then boom there you go problem solved!

I've done a lot of testing and taking apart here and there, I can stand confident on this, hope this helps everyone with this problem.

-cheers
Old 04-29-2009, 04:19 PM
Ern

Nice job getting it fixed! Frustrating, but all part of the "experience". Glad you got it working!! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 04-29-2009, 06:31 PM
maverick pro

freddi i think i also fixed mine today. i add a extra washer to each idler to bring it out some a total of 2 washers each side. tracks run true now with no problems yet. now i need to some how tighten the drives.

thanks again...mike