Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

finally fixed the idler

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 12:24 AM
chinito_03

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally fixed the idler

finally fixed my idle.. nw the track wouldnt come off from the idler....
replaced the stock bushing from the plastc idler to a longer bushing... now i can take pnshment..

took the tank to a empty lot with a lil dirt in our subdivission and tested it if the track wll come off.. i guess it wouldnt.. hheheehhe
metal hull and etc. upgrade.

heres the vid... enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUA9gBt8630

daryl
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46946.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	60.3 KB
ID:	1188817  
Old 04-29-2009, 08:41 PM
Freddi79

Default RE: finally fixed the idler

Nice Chinito, congrats on finally fixing your track problem, believe me I was happy to have fixed mine too!
Old 06-03-2009, 05:22 PM
dofcybo

Hi Chinito and Freddi,

my name's Fabio (I'm italian... so please excuse me for possible mistakes...)and I'm very pleased to meet you!

I own a beautiful 1/16 HL Tiger rolling on a all-metal suspension (metal hull and torsion bars, metal reduced gearboxes, tracks, roadwheels, sprocket and idler wheels... well, very little of the original HL Tiger! ) and I have a big problem with the tracks rolling off the idler wheels on narrow turns and superspin.

I'm using track tensioners, with harder springs than the original ones but tracks still come off. With the new torsion bar suspension, there's a greater clearance from ground so the standard "96 links" track configuration is much too tight, while the "97 links" works very realistic. How did you get your tanks to keep their tracks on even with realistic "loose" tracks?

By the way, very good job on your tanks!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Bye

Fabio
Old 06-03-2009, 09:46 PM
chinito_03

hello fabio.

i added 1 section on my track.. and also i adjusted the last 2 suspersion arms from the rear to lower down the rear of the tank.
about your idler problem, remove your tracks and check your idler if its properly aline or pointing inward.. by idler probem is that they are pointing inward thats why my track keep on coming off during sharp trn.. what i did is i remove my tensioner and added a plastic plate on the rear inside part inbtwn the tensioner and the hull.. it'll streighten up your idler or will point a lil outward whch will prevent you track to come off while in sharp trns..
thats what i did to my tank...

freddi's tank i think he added some tape or something.... freddi wanna add some solution to prevent the track from coming off from the idler..

hope this help fabio..

daryl
Old 06-04-2009, 05:55 AM
dofcybo

Sure it will help!Thank you!

I really didn't think to the idler wheel alignment. Ithink my idler wheels are both a little consumed and pointing inward. I think I'm using some kind of washer or metal/plastic plate under the tensioner to keep them outward!

I'll let you know how it's going.

In the meanwhile, may I help you with some other part of the tank? I FULLY disassembled it more than a time, and added 360° turret rotation. I use ElMod, as well!

thanks a lot again, have a nice day!

Fabio
Old 06-13-2009, 01:49 PM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fabio,

Received your query about the Jamara motors. They are too big for our tanks. Even the lower powered Jamara 480 HS Pro motors have enough power to rip the rear idlers off the tank and make it hard to control with older El Mod using HL radio. If you're using 3-1 gearboxes, stick with Speed400s. The older El Mod was calibrated to work with stock gears and Black Capped Suntech Motors which are slightly less powerful then Speed400s.