Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

heng long troubleshootin

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:41 AM
afmatt130

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heng long troubleshootin

hello fellow tankers!! recently purchased the heng long panzer 3 from matomart.com. it has the metal upgrades, gearbox, tracks, etc. after less than one hour of run time the gun barrel started to cycle continuosly. then the turret started to rotate on its own. with the transmitter off and battery on, it does it, so i know ive eliminated the transmitter as the problem. i unplugged the wires for turret function...the tank still drives well though. any ideas?? im thinkin something took a dump in the circuit board...ive heard these boards are fairly flimsy. does anyone make an upgraded board with quality electronics on it...or am i stuck replacing it with more stock heng long hit or miss boards?? thanks for your help
Old 04-30-2009, 10:04 AM
ssrc30

Default RE: heng long troubleshootin

ORIGINAL: afmatt130

hello fellow tankers!! recently purchased the heng long panzer 3 from matomart.com. it has the metal upgrades, gearbox, tracks, etc. after less than one hour of run time the gun barrel started to cycle continuosly. then the turret started to rotate on its own. with the transmitter off and battery on, it does it, so i know ive eliminated the transmitter as the problem. i unplugged the wires for turret function...the tank still drives well though. any ideas?? im thinkin something took a dump in the circuit board...ive heard these boards are fairly flimsy. does anyone make an upgraded board with quality electronics on it...or am i stuck replacing it with more stock heng long hit or miss boards?? thanks for your help

You might wanna try upgrading to the RX-18 board. It's more durable than the 14 which is what you likely have now. MatoToys sells them and so does RC Command.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:11 AM
thomasjohnmurphy

the question I have is can the RX18 board be used in an airsoft application? If so how do you eliminate the tank jerking when you up the right up stick?
Old 04-30-2009, 10:35 AM
afmatt130

thanks ssrc........can i keep the airsoft application with the rx18 board?
Old 04-30-2009, 12:42 PM
thomastk

hallo new to the forum try the antenna take the top of and check the antenna connektion inside i had the same problem whith my tiger 1
Old 04-30-2009, 01:46 PM
afmatt130

had the tank apart...antenna connection was good. im pretty sure that whatever controls turret function in the board probably fried. does anyone know what would be involved in converting the electronics over to tamiya?
Old 04-30-2009, 05:08 PM
thebronze

does anyone know what would be involved in converting the electronics over to tamiya?

$$$$$$$
Old 04-30-2009, 05:26 PM
blitzkrieg65

had the tank apart...antenna connection was good. im pretty sure that whatever controls turret function in the board probably fried. does anyone know what would be involved in converting the electronics over to tamiya?

Or you can upgrade to EL MOD..... The tank below still uses the HL elctronics and radio, but you do not have too that is just an option, EL MOD actually perfroms best when you pull all the HL eletronics and use a Hobby radio! Plus the sounds go way beyond Tamiya..........

http://www.youtube.com/user/RCTankWars

The Blitz
Old 05-01-2009, 07:04 AM
thomastk

hmm freid bord sems to be happining a lot i installt acpu fan connectet to the power cords this cool things i usually run the tank for a long time (35000 milliamps)
this works[8D]