Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Say it ain't so!

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 11:27 AM
googlydoogly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Say it ain't so!

I'm saving up for a Tamiya Panzer IV, and I was curious to see what it sounds like. So I looked it up and...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CWfBujAs7c

Here's another:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CWfB...eature=related

It's extremely similar to the Tiger/King Tiger/Panther/Jagdpanther!!!! Man, that blows. I mean...there should be a difference in sound between an 88mm and a 75mm gun.....right?
Old 05-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Say it ain't so!

I'm sure they are all Maybach engines, just different horsepower ratings. I don't think there are too many operational cannons available but I don't know what they used in the recording either. Kinda hard to tell over the Internet. Have you ever stood next to an 88MM or the 75 firing to tell the difference?

It could be worse, almost all the HL tanks sound like the Sherman radial engine.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:42 PM
sevoblast

Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

The clip I heard some time ago, the Maybach sound was decidely different. Similar, but you could instantly tell the difference. And, no turret turn or elevation sound..which is much more natural. As for the main gun sound, don't know. I did hear an 8.8cm years ago, and from the distance I was from it, nearest description would be a decided "crack", almost like two huge boards being slapped together. However, it was the FLAK version, so can't help on the tank tube. Don't know about the 7.5cm sound. Never heard one.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:29 PM
googlydoogly

Yeah they're all Maybach engines, but there's slight, but noticeable differences between them. And I don't know what the 75mm sounds like, but there aught to be a noticeable difference between a 75mm and high-velocity 88mm. There's tons of stories about GIs recognizing the crack of an 88mm...so it must be unique.

I kinda expected more from Tamiya. Now I'm leery just what kind of sound the KV-1 will have. Will it sound the same as a 105mm Sherman, or a Pershing? I hope not.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:33 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

There should be a sound difference not to mention that the main gun should be significantly louder than the machine gun. That said, I would have to say that it is good enough to have fun. Absolute realism comes at a much higher price (ie, Benedini). I wonder how many people could afford the model if it came at price that included the Benedini system.
Old 05-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Panther F

I hope some tankers that actually have the Tamiya Panzer IV will chime in and tell us the truth.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:09 PM
pcomm1

My opinion, get the Tamiya Pz4 J kit and build it into one of your usual masterpieces. Not to worry about the Pz sounds. All the Tamiya Pz4 engine operation sounds are different from my Tamiya Tiger IE and I believe recorded specifically for the Pz4 J model kit. Actually, I was impressed by the engine FX sounds. The gun and MG sounds I would guess are picked up from their other panzers.

A disappointment, though, is that the turret rotation and main gun elevation systems are manual in the Pz4 J, so there is no sound FX going on for those two functions, just silence. Tamiya could have had some audible shouting going like "dumbkofs" including 1940's German slang, 4 letter expletives, for those functions, but politically incorrect humorous stuff isn't part of their world.

John

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98122.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	1192812  
Old 05-05-2009, 02:51 PM
HG1980
Banned

ORIGINAL: pcomm1

My opinion, get the Tamiya Pz4 J kit and build it into one of your usual masterpieces. Not to worry about the Pz sounds. All the Tamiya Pz4 engine operation sounds are different from my Tamiya Tiger IE and I believe recorded specifically for the Pz4 J model kit. Actually, I was impressed by the engine FX sounds. The gun and MG sounds I would guess are picked up from their other panzers.

A disappointment, though, is that the turret rotation and main gun elevation systems are manual in the Pz4 J, so there is no sound FX going on for those two functions, just silence. Tamiya could have had some audible shouting going like "dumbkofs" including 1940's German slang, 4 letter expletives, for those functions, but politically incorrect humorous stuff isn't part of their world.

John

i just got mine....damn pcomm1...your tank is awesome...
Old 05-05-2009, 02:53 PM
HG1980
Banned

now i am worried the KV-1 may have a Tiger 1 sound...
Old 05-05-2009, 02:56 PM
Darksheer

there should be noticable difference

for a comparison the 105mm gun on a leo 1 and the 120 on a leo 2 are really easy to tell apart even at a distance of a few kilometers up close its even more evident

Old 05-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: warhammer09

Huh? That's crazy.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:21 PM
HG1980
Banned

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Huh? That's crazy.
haha...what i meant to say was i hope the KV1 will have a real engine sound from an restored KV1...
Old 05-05-2009, 04:08 PM
Panther F

There has to be some info floating around somewhere on what sounds were used.

Heck, my HL projects will be a mix. The Stug will have a TI sound, the KV a KT, the T34 has the Sherman but not for long as a Bulldog coming soon will get those and then the T34 will get a new set just for the recoil aspect.

It would be interesting what is found.
Old 05-05-2009, 04:26 PM
HG1980
Banned

does anyone know what a KV1 engine sounds like?
Old 05-05-2009, 06:12 PM
Panther F

BBRRROOOOMMMMMMM. Something like that and similar to what the T-34 sounds like.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:39 PM
HG1980
Banned

haha
Old 05-05-2009, 07:09 PM
CreepingdeathRC

...the sound is somewhere between a moped and a v1 buzzbomb, umm i heard.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:15 PM
Panther F

haha
Thought you'd like that but seriously, the engines for the KV and the T34 are the same which leads me to believe maybe a T34 is next for Tamiya? [X(]
Old 05-05-2009, 07:43 PM
HG1980
Banned

now that would be awesome...i say Tamiya is on a roll.....but right now...i am opening up my new full function panzer 4...the smell of plastic and metal....
Old 05-06-2009, 04:01 PM
Matdragon

hi if your looking for a panzer IV but cheaper follow this build thread http://www.rctankwarfare.com/Forums/...ic,1952.0.html its how Grompix is taking a HL panzer iv and hugely upgrading it! he also prodives a link to the new tamiya sounds for the panzer IV ,

cheers, hope this is of some help!

matt
Old 05-06-2009, 04:12 PM
Panther F

now that would be awesome...i say Tamiya is on a roll.....but right now...i am opening up my new full function panzer 4...the smell of plastic and metal....
GREAT!!! I envy you! When you get the time, shoot us some pictures of it, even if it is something boring who cares! I have that waiting for me when and if I finish my Sherman which I'm about to just throw it together and say it's DONE.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:06 PM
HG1980
Banned

ORIGINAL: Matdragon

hi if your looking for a panzer IV but cheaper follow this build thread http://www.rctankwarfare.com/Forums/...ic,1952.0.html its how Grompix is taking a HL panzer iv and hugely upgrading it! he also prodives a link to the new tamiya sounds for the panzer IV ,

cheers, hope this is of some help!

matt
nice ...
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 PM
nemesis4u
My Feedback: (77)

I love my Tam PZIV... it is lethal on the battlefield, short, fast, easy to shoot and scoot
I love the engine sounds very throaty, distinct... yeah I think the main gun sounds could have been a little better. but overall... my TAM PZIV was built stock... plastic tracks and all...
IT ROCKS!! have not thrown a track yet on our outdoor battlefield...
She is letHAL!!!

I have my B-day gift in sight... TAM KV-1 I am sure it will have accurate engine sounds!

warhammer... WHEN ARE YOU COMING DOWN ??? NEXT BATTLEDAY is MAY 17th! SUNDAY from this weekend!! BE HERE! IT IS A BLAST!!!!

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
TX ARMOR
Old 05-07-2009, 10:41 PM
HG1980
Banned

GREAT!!! I envy you! When you get the time, shoot us some pictures of it, even if it is something boring who cares! I have that waiting for me when and if I finish my Sherman which I'm about to just throw it together and say it's DONE.
you got it...thanks
Old 05-07-2009, 10:43 PM
HG1980
Banned

ORIGINAL: nemesis4u

I love my Tam PZIV... it is lethal on the battlefield, short, fast, easy to shoot and scoot
I love the engine sounds very throaty, distinct... yeah I think the main gun sounds could have been a little better. but overall... my TAM PZIV was built stock... plastic tracks and all...
IT ROCKS!! have not thrown a track yet on our outdoor battlefield...
She is letHAL!!!

I have my B-day gift in sight... TAM KV-1 I am sure it will have accurate engine sounds!

warhammer... WHEN ARE YOU COMING DOWN ??? NEXT BATTLEDAY is MAY 17th! SUNDAY from this weekend!! BE HERE! IT IS A BLAST!!!!

-CHEERS!

TOMAS
TX ARMOR
i might do that...thanks Tomas...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.