Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Drawing of Sherman

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 01:21 AM
WALKERS210-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Drawing of Sherman

I made a mistake a few days ago, did a goggle search and ran across a site where a man built a 1/5 scale Sherman for his 6yr old boy. Being a Grandfather and a gotta be busy doing something I had the brain strom (far#) of makeing one for my 8 yr old grandson. Already eyeing my wife's electric wheel chair for drive gear and controls, just hope Iget it built before she catches on to whats happening. Any way does anyone have or know where I can get drawings showing side and top view.
Don't expect it to be a 100% copy just something that looks like it, like a friend of mine said about his stand off scales, stand way way off and it looks good.

Old 05-20-2009, 02:25 AM
streetsquid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Drawing of Sherman

Walkers210,
Not sure exactly which variant of the Sherman you are looking to build but there is a lot of reference material available on that tank. One that is inexpensive and readily available is

Walk Around M4 Sherman by Squadron Signal Publications (http://www.squadron.com)

Its a comprehensive book that has side view drawings of about 8 different hull configurations with both the 47 degree and 60 degree glacis. It also has lots of close up photos of both the exterior and interior, and both the HVSS and VVSS suspensions systems.

Squadron should have several other books as well, just depends how much you want to spend and how detailed and accurate you want your project to be.

Best of luck!

Streetsquid
Old 05-20-2009, 05:15 AM
WALKERS210-RCU
My Feedback: (36)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Drawing of Sherman

Thanks for the info on this,  I wanted to make it close but not so much detail that my grandson can't have fun with it. (ok  I will play with it too)  want to make it at least look close rather than just a box type thing.  There was one on YouTube that was awesome but way more than I want to do,  it would be my luck to build one with all the detail ,  tons of glass work  and first time out round the block would run into a KING TIGER <G> 
Thanks again