Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

New RC Tank Owner

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 02:00 PM
Number_6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New RC Tank Owner

Hi, first post, I just got my first RC tank, a Hen Long Tiger I, that I purchased from the large auction site. It's great! Got a pretty good price I think. $109 with free shipping. It's a S&S Super version with start up sound and proportional controls. I've been reading a lot of the posts about the accuracy and some of the common problems with the tank. One of the main complaints I've read was that the mantlet is upside own and back wards, pistol port is wrong and no view slits on the turret. I hadn't read any place that they have been corrected. So I was very surprised (pleasantly) when I got my tank. I guess Hen Long has been listening, all of these three problems had been corrected on my tank right out of the box. Here are a couple of pics I took showing the corrected turret.

One question that I have is, where do you fill up the tank ‘s smoke unit? The instructions that I got with the tank show a small place on the back to fill. I’ve attached a scan of the instructions that shows where to fill. The only problem, there is nothing like that on my tank that even remotely resembles the filler that is shown in the instructions. Does any body know where that the filler really is on the Tiger? Thanks for any help. I’ve also attached a pic of the back of my tank.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54214.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	1203106   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf11965.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	1203107   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vb74048.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1203108   Click image for larger version

Name:	Au55714.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	1203109  
Old 05-21-2009, 05:46 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: New RC Tank Owner

It's right where the instrucktions show it. I can see it in your last pic. It is the clear tube inside the exhaust shield.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Number_6

ORIGINAL: Panther G

It's right where the instrucktions show it. I can see it in your last pic. It is the clear tube inside the exhaust shield.
Oh OK, I see, thanks, I thought that the clear tubes was onlywhere the smoke cames out and there was a different filler tube to put the smoke fluid in.
Old 05-21-2009, 06:50 PM
Panther G

NP buddy. Welcome too the hobby. Get your wallet ready because this wont be your last tank LOL. HL will be comming out wit a much more correct Panther G tank if your interested. The Tiger is a great tank though. Lots of great aftermarket parts for it
Old 05-21-2009, 06:57 PM
Panther G

Heres a pic of the new HL Panther and one of my TigerI

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81295.jpg
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	1203285   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95924.jpg
Size:	81.9 KB
ID:	1203286  
Old 05-21-2009, 07:29 PM
Number_6

Great job on your Tiger! I've been drooling over the work I've seen you guys doing on repainting the Tigers on the forums. That new Panther looks great, That's on my list for future tanks. I was wondering what the story was with the Panther. I saw another thread asking when it would be out and looked around and saw pics of a HL 'Panther' but it was so far off the mark it was kind of a joke. Good to see that HL wil be coming out with a more accurate version of the Panther soon. My three favorites are the Tiger I, Panther & King Tiger.

I didn't find this forum until after I ordered my Tiger. Wish I had found it before because I found out about MatoMart had th S&Ssuper version with the metal gear box & metal treads for only $30 dollars more than I paid. I'm already looking at few of the merchant sites andthinking about what upgrades to get, like the metal gearbix, treads, metal suspension, etc...
Old 05-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Ern

Welcome aboard #6! Don't forget to check out RCCommand - they are here in the states and shipping from Matomart in Canada can be pretty expensive. Bill from RCCommand has been awesome the last year or so and has really built up a nice inventory of tanks and tank stuff

http://www.rccommand.com/
Old 05-22-2009, 11:19 AM
SNOWTANK

Welcome aboard and as for your wallet going to get busy with these things just to give you idea.  I got into this over a year and half ago and I started with the PANTIGER(HL Panther) and now I have  a dozen Tanks.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:43 AM
Ern

I'm still stuck at two tanks - but the add-ons are killing me! There is so much you can do with these from their stock form. The industry has really seemed to have exploded in the last couple years
Old 05-23-2009, 03:28 PM
nascardad88

Welcome aboard # 6, I too am a newbe to the hobby and already have a PRIME Tamiya Pershing, and 3 HL's one is the Tiger and it is currently undergoing a Tamiya battle system upgrade and complete repaint....

nascardad88

Old 05-23-2009, 03:38 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Welcome

If one of the tanks is the KT you are interested Phil at http://www.rctankwars.com is a guru when it comes to those, I am currently working on switching it over to a full elmod setup, and if you aren't familiar with an elmod do a search here on the forums, it is incredible, I just figured I would help you along in spending your money because it isn't cheap

Wade
Old 06-17-2009, 11:10 PM
summvideo

I just got started in the hobby too, with my new Heng Long Tiger I S&S super version with metal gears and treads. Unfortunately the tank arrived without instructions. Could someone tell me how to load the BB's ?  Also, I had my first bad experience when one of  the front Sprocket wheels fell off.  Even though I was very gentle removing the center cap to get access to the allen screw, the cap was destroyed. The wheel is metal, but the cap is very flimsy plastic. Does someone know a replacement source ?

Old 06-18-2009, 05:56 AM
SNOWTANK

Welcome to the Tank Hobby. The biggest problem you will have is deciding amongst your collection of Tanks which one to take out and finding out that you just can't decide or leave any of them home, so you end up taking them all out for the day. I try to limit to 2 tanks but sometimes I take 12 with me and lay them out. Certaintly attracts attention and it's a great way to introduce the Hobby to new recruits. I've taken my Tanks to 4 barbecures and they been a big hit. Lots of  fun. Enjoy....

Old 06-20-2009, 09:10 AM
summvideo

MyHeng Long Tiger I came without instructions. How do you load the BBs ? I eventually want to upgrade to a longer barrel with flash and recoil, butI'd like to enjoy it as-is for now.
I hope someone responds soon, my sonwants to fire the gun desperately !
Old 06-20-2009, 09:27 AM
BarkingSquirrel

Heres the HL Tiger instructions, thank Wackywheelz for uploading and hosting it.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:45 AM
summvideo

Thanks so much for directions to load BB's ! I'm going to try it out right now. THANKS AGAIN !!!
Old 06-25-2009, 11:51 PM
summvideo

BATTERY HELP PLEASE ! I cannot find a replacement NIMH battery that will fit in my Heng Long Tiger's battery compartment. I bought a battery that looked right, but it was about 1/8" too long. If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it. The ni-cad battery that came with my tank has a very short run time.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:11 AM
blitzkrieg65

Cut 3 slits in the back or front wall of your battery box with a dremil or other tool then you can fit the better batteries in your tank!

The Blitz

Old 07-11-2009, 08:32 PM
summvideo

Howdo I stop my HL Tiger from the "jerking back" motion when I hit the K on the controller ? I don't think it looks very realistic, and I worry about the effect on my tracksand running gear.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Pzjgr

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to get rid of the jerk recoil. If you wanted to spend the money you could upgrade the RX board and receiver in the tank with the El-mod system or DBC system, both can be set to eliminate the jerk recoil.

El-mod: http://www.el-mod.de/
DBC: http://www.rctankwars.com/battlecircuits.asp