Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Mato Sherman

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 05:00 PM
kclank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mato Sherman

This must be vaporware!. All the hype then all the silence. If is for real then how about some delivery dates?
Old 05-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: Mato Sherman

ORIGINAL: kclank

This must be vaporware!. All the hype then all the silence. If is for real then how about some delivery dates?
Yeah, I agree! I'm tempted to spend the money on another KV-1 now. And there's supposed to be how many more Shermans?
Old 05-22-2009, 05:12 PM
blitzkrieg65

I have kind of been relying on swathdiver even though I have a different contact with Mato Swathdiver is closet to the project! Guys I hounded my guys so much I pissed him off, they cannot even give me early pricing so that info plus other leads me to think we are looking at July! It would be nice to have it before Independence Day how fitting! LOL
Believe me I will post here and post on my website when the trigger is ready for even the early buy list! I have all your e-mails saved who wants one and I will go down the list as soon as I get any info!
The Blitz
RCTankWars.com

Old 05-22-2009, 05:14 PM
Panther F

Did the box art ever get released or did I miss it?
Old 05-22-2009, 05:43 PM
blitzkrieg65

I'll let Swathdiverupdate uson that,, but I think its finished, but no approval to show it!

The Blitz
Old 05-22-2009, 05:48 PM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: blitzkrieg65

I'll let Swathdiverupdate uson that,, but I think its finished, but no approval to show it!

The Blitz
Huh, bummer.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:08 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is a load of bunk. I won't hold my breath. At this rate the HL Sherman will be out before the Mato. And Yes HL is going to be realeasing a Sherman. I don't know what version yet but I'm sure it will atleast be a VVSS.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:09 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It does exist. I put off buying a KV-1 because I am not sure how many of these Shermans I may end up with. I bet as soon as Mato know for sure when it will arrive they will post something on their website. As it is their release, something tells me they will want the exclusive first few days.!!!!!! I start my Vacation July 1st, and I am hoping it is here by then.

All I know it is not vaporware, and I can't say much more then that.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:09 PM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd rather wait a while for a good tank thats reliable then one thats going to break a couple of days after I get it.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:11 PM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: Wozwasnt

I'd rather wait a while for a good tank thats reliable then one thats going to break a couple of days after I get it.
Yep.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Panther G

Dont get me wrong guys. I just think they should have been a little closer to release when they started to advertise them thats all. with these tough times it is hard enough to budget as it is. So what do you do if something comes up and you can only get them on a pre order. I have no problems with Mato. They are a good company. I'm just not a very patient man. LOL
Old 05-22-2009, 06:24 PM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: Panther G

I'm just not a very patient man. LOL
You're not alone.
Old 05-22-2009, 06:26 PM
kclank

Not dissin here but looks like old info, Blitz, we were told that weeks ago, still nothing on the horizon that the buyers can see.

ORIGINAL: blitzkrieg65

It is coming! I have kind of been relying on swathdiver even though I have a different contact with Mato Swathdiver is closet to the project! Guys I hounded my guys so much I pissed him off, they cannot even give me early pricing so that info plus other leads me to think we are looking at July! It would be nice to have it before Independence Day how fitting! LOL
Believe me I will post here and post on my website when the trigger is ready for even the early buy list! I have all your e-mails saved who wants one and I will go down the list as soon as I get any info!
The Blitz
RCTankWars.com

Old 05-22-2009, 07:48 PM
killick64

I'm with you guys.. .I pre-ordered my KV-1 (from MatoMart -budget considerations) and am real pleased to hear about "idlers" breaking off..... I've wanted that VVSSSherman ever since I laid eyes on it. Although I'd much prefer a Firefly I've done a fair amount of research into the first version they're releasing (IF they're actually releasing it. )Everything for me is on "hold" until then. I don't have the $$$$ to be able to buy 6 or 7 different tanks and,as somebody else posted, I'd like tobe able to afford at least ONE Sherman when it's put on the market. I'm gettingtired of all the "smoke and mirrors" though: either it IS coming, or it ain't. Can't be both....
Old 05-22-2009, 07:59 PM
blitzkrieg65

Huh bunk, old news,, its not real,, I understand I was pumped up; I have eggmy face for things I said! But you know what, when have I ever BS'd anyone or any item on this or other forum?? Its cool though,, I am frustrated too,, I have my suspicions that its not a Box art delay,, I worked for Sony Corp for 11 years developing consumer electronics and another company for 5 years, also product development. I have myI ideas on what the real delays are but its all just speculation! And like someone else said I can wait a few months for it done correctly! I should have learned from the Stug III release from Heng long and look at how late the T-55 is,,,
Hopefully they will surprise us, but I just wanted to give a more realistic estimate on possible release!

Thanks

The Blitz

RCTankWars.com
Old 05-22-2009, 08:06 PM
Ex_Pat_Tanker

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Chinese manufacturers are famous for announcing product launches 6 months or more too early (Think years for the *motor industry* !). Just stay patient and hold onto your cash - remember: "All good things come to he who waits...."
Old 05-22-2009, 08:07 PM
kclank

ok everybody's re-energized back to work!
Old 05-22-2009, 08:11 PM
blitzkrieg65

ORIGINAL: kclank

ok everybody's re-energized back to work!

Old 05-22-2009, 09:44 PM
Panther G

Phill my friend , your credebillty is in no way in jeapardy here. We all understand you have very little control on these matters. We definately are not blamming you. Or for that matter YHR. You both have been nothing if straight forward about all this. It is just that every one has been hopping for some good Allied Armor for as long as I have been reading these forums. You guys are the ones who taught me most of what I know today. I would just like a little curtisy towards us the customers with some acurate info. Not all this i'm not permmited to say.
If they are having a problem with some component and that is the delay, Tell us. Atleast then we would know and understand that they are only trying to supply the best piece that they can. Thats all.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:22 PM
YHR

Mato has to wait for the Heng Long production schedule. Heng Long went with the KV1 first instead of the Sherman. So The KV 1s' are done and now it is the Sherman's Turn. That is my best guess with the very little I have been told. THere was a chance the Shermans would be done before the KV-1 but that never materialized, so we had have to wait. Simple production scheduling, and Mato went with all those nice forge markings, so now we are waiting just a bit. It will be worth it.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:43 AM
killick64

Thanks, Dan I was starting to worry that some kind of "durability issue" involving the VVSSmight have surfaced during "batch testing" ....!

Old 05-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Panther F

ORIGINAL: YHR

Mato has to wait for the Heng Long production schedule. Heng Long went with the KV1 first instead of the Sherman. So The KV 1s' are done and now it is the Sherman's Turn. That is my best guess with the very little I have been told. THere was a chance the Shermans would be done before the KV-1 but that never materialized, so we had have to wait. Simple production scheduling, and Mato went with all those nice forge markings, so now we are waiting just a bit. It will be worth it.
Let me get this right. You're saying HL makes Mato products and that the Sherman took a back seat to the KV-1?

Interesting.
Old 05-23-2009, 09:32 AM
pattonrocked45

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking there is a last minute design change. perhaps a last minute update? Swath? Blitz and Swath can we see the video? please? pretty please?
Old 05-23-2009, 09:50 AM
Wozwasnt

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Maybe HL pushed the KV out first to get it out before Tam released theirs.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:55 AM
YHR

ORIGINAL: Panther F

ORIGINAL: YHR

Let me get this right. You're saying HL makes Mato products and that the Sherman took a back seat to the KV-1?

Interesting.
That is absolutely the case, and the push to beat Tmaiya to market with the KV-1 could very well have been the logic behind the production of getting the KV1 done first.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.