Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

TIGER1 TURRET UPGRADE

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2009, 07:22 AM
SNOWTANK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TIGER1 TURRET UPGRADE

Hi I received my Tiger1 Turret from Creeping Death last week. It was a fairly easy install. Great instructions exellently laid out with diagrams. I tested it several times so far. Wow. It does fire very well and hard. The recoil works great but it does stick a lot. I know it says add some kind of silicone lubricant but what brand and where exactly on the barrell or mantlet do you add the lubricant? The only other thing the instructions say not to connect the recoil wires to the battery. It could cause the recoil to activate when turning on the tank. Well when I soldered the wires to the connection points the points already have the wires there from the switch and battery. How do the wires share the point connection without affecting each other? I want to be able to turn on the power switch to the Tank without having the recoil mechanism move everytime I turn it on. I don't want it damaged.Once the recoil gets going it fires very well and smoothly. The coaxial tracer works great. The bbs load and eject from the muzzell with no problem.My LIGHTS no longer work when I turn on the tank but I think I may have wired that wrong there or I have a loose connection. Other than that I am very pleased with this product and am enjoying the AIRSOFT power of the Tank. Great Job Creeping Death. I hope you have a Turret in the works for a Pershing or KingTiger.

Old 05-29-2009, 03:17 PM
removeb4flt

Default RE: TIGER1 TURRET UPGRADE

with my tiger turret Ispliced in the recoil wires between the power switch and the rx 18 board. it works great. for silicone lube I went to my local walmart and got an aerosol can of silicone lubricant. take a look at the barrel and make sure its sitting centered in the mantle. I pushed just a little on my mantle to get it squared up and my recoil works awesome. I have to agree with you about the tracer the night firing has become almost a nightly tradition. Its shocking the range that the gun has!!!!
Old 05-30-2009, 07:12 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this the promised new system or the one that they have had for the last year or so?
Old 05-30-2009, 08:33 PM
Ern

No, they haven't released the new system yet. They hit a snag when a manufactor that was going to make a component for the system went out of business and shut down [where's the "stimulus" money when we need it!]
They have found another vendor for the part so they are back in business and getting close. Their current tanks/turrets are a blast!Ican't wait to see the new & improved version. It sounds like the 88 magnum in the old "Johnny Dangerously" movie = "It'll shoot through schools!" Sorry, a great movie line from the 80's and something I guessshouldn't be joked about these days
Old 06-01-2009, 05:45 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was hoping that I had missed the release and the new turret was out. I've been hoping to get one for my Bulldog and then my PzIII.

Oh well...
Old 06-02-2009, 02:09 PM
SNOWTANK

Great Thanks. I will check the brass insert in the mantlet and center it and get the silicone lubricant. I will also splice in the wire to to the board. Tks.