Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

EL MOD Users Extended battle mode

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

EL MOD Users Extended battle mode

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2009, 05:12 PM
blitzkrieg65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EL MOD Users Extended battle mode

Hey guys,

I am embarresed to say,, today for the first time ever, I tested out EL MODs extended battle mod! ( Thanks to Jim ) I was not even sure if it would work against a Tamiya or Tamiya compatible tank!

What this mode does is change how the IR sensor or ( apple ) interprets the incoming hit! Here is an example; if the tank takes a hit high and in the turret, the turret can be disabled! It will still shoot but it is frozen in the position it was at after being hit! Also If you take a hit from the right side of the tank and lower on the sensor, then only your right tracks/motor start to loose power! Also the sensor will not give the same results every time,, sometimes you can be taken out with 1 shot,, just like real combat!

OK, so my not scientific testing, here is what happpend, with a few times playing with it! Subjects used for the test was HL Panzer III with DBC/DBU Tamiya compaible IR Battle system verses a Matorro King Tiger all EL MOD inside!

First battle close up the P- III hit the KT straight on and the turret died first shot (tank made a different hit sound never heard that before), then 2 more shots to the KT on the side, then next shot KT dead!!![sm=redface.gif]

OK try this again, close range 3-4 feet, 2 shots straight forward then next shot Turret dies, 3 more shots to the back and side KT died! [sm=angry_smile.gif]Hmmmmm

Now will distance make a difference, I then move them about 25 feet apart. Now it took the P-III almost all 9 shots to kill the KT, but one test the turret did die again the first shot!!!

So this got me thinking with all the German Armor coming onto the battle field, the Allies are getting over whelmed against all heavy's! This might be a way to help even that out?

And of course something I have always wanted to do is,, hopefully someday we have huge RC tank event, with 100 tankers! Where we could have at least one battle with all

EL MOD tanks in the extended battle mode![sm=shades_smile.gif]

Anyone else have any feedback on this mode? I know there are alot of units in Germany wonder if they have any battles with this mode??

The Blitz

RCTankWars.com
Old 08-17-2009, 10:35 AM
pcomm1

Default RE: EL MOD Users Extended battle mode

ORIGINAL: blitzkrieg65

Hey guys,

So this got me thinking with all the German Armor coming onto the battle field, the Allies are getting over whelmed against all heavy's! This might be a way to help even that out?

And of course something I have always wanted to do is,, hopefully someday we have huge RC tank event, with 100 tankers! Where we could have at least one battle with all

EL MOD tanks in the extended battle mode![sm=shades_smile.gif]

Anyone else have any feedback on this mode? I know there are al ot of units in Germany wonder if they have any battles with this mode??

The Blitz

RCTankWars.com
Just my opinion, but for my own backyard rc battles we enjoy an attempt at a little historical accuracy regarding odds. That translates to mean 1 Axis panzer faces off against at least 2 Allied tanks. For me that makes the game a lot more interesting. We like to run a WWII ETO battle with a dominate number of Allied tanks on the field. Even better fun is to try and run 4 Allied Shermans against 2 German heavies and that really seems to make those lousy krauts sweat (20 to 18 hits). Also, during the battle we use hidden mine field and obvious fighter bomber zones, areas that if you enter, your dead. And it would be great fun to participate in a Phil staged fight with 50 Axis tanks against at least 100 Allied tanks on the field at one time.

John
Old 08-17-2009, 10:54 AM
blitzkrieg65

Right on John,, well we need some more Allies at the SCAT Battle,, well maybe you can make it down to a ATAC battle in Escondidio we will have one coming up here within a month!

And on the Battle you are on, I know who I want as my Rommel to command at least half the tanks! Merle Merauders, and his fleet of EL MOD tanks and halftracks!! [sm=punching.gif] It would be great fun,![sm=shades_smile.gif]

The Blitz ( AKA Phil )

Old 08-17-2009, 03:33 PM
pcomm1

Blitz,

OK, let us all know the date and maybe you'll get your hundreds of tankers showing up! We're ready too and yes, that would be a good idea to keep Merle and his El Mod Merauders back behind the lines at army group headquarters. So, he can direct things and also keep the route to the front from being littered with his breakdowns.

John

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf98562.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	112.1 KB
ID:	1258076   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55786.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	1258077   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sy63365.jpg
Views:	26