Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

The Shermans are in at Mato

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

The Shermans are in at Mato

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 11:19 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: The Shermans are in at Mato

ORIGINAL: pattonrocked45

heres a good comparison of a scale 1/72 and the mato version.

Other then the cannon and the tranny cover, it looks OK to me.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:35 PM
blitzkrieg65

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: YHR

Yep,, it really don't look that bad to me either! I can't wait to get mine to see what I can do to fix anything that maybe wrong! You know 90 percent of us buy the Tiger 1 knowing it needs a lot of work! But hey, the cash put out for it, and it was a buzz kill knowing that I personally got caught up in the hype, and hopes of a really realisic suspension! But we have a lot of talent on this forum and I know the wheels are turning to put some fixes in where needed! I know I have a few ideas, I am itching to try!

The Blitz

RCTankWars.com
Old 10-28-2009, 11:42 PM
YHR

ORIGINAL: blitzkrieg65

Yep,, it really don't look that bad to me either! I can't wait to get mine to see what I can do to fix anything that maybe wrong! You know 90 percent of us buy the Tiger 1 knowing it needs a lot of work! But hey, the cash put out for it, and it was a buzz kill knowing that I personally got caught up in the hype, and hopes of a really realisic suspension! But we have a lot of talent on this forum and I know the wheels are turning to put some fixes in where needed! I know I have a few ideas, I am itching to try!

The Blitz

RCTankWars.com

I am right there with you. Can't wait for mine to get to me. My goal is to come up with some cheap easy fixes that will make the issues disappear. THis may mean we have to understand that this is a 1/15 scale tank. I mean if everything is slightly too large, then darn it, call it a 1/15 scale tank and be done with it!!!!!!!!!

Also for people who think the bogies are independant of each other, ask yourself this. Can both wheels on the same bogie be in the up position at the same time. If they were truly independent, this is something you could expect. My understanding of the VVSS says that you cannot do this. If I am wrong please enlighten me.
Old 10-28-2009, 11:53 PM
killick64

So what's wrong with 1/15 as a modelling scale? How many guys here still drool over Bandai's "Hummel"? Amd how many go to no end of trouble to "accurize" their 1/16 tanks .... then throw on 1/18 scale accessories, and pop in a 1/18 "crew"?
Old 10-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: killick64

So what's wrong with 1/15 as a modelling sca;e? How many guys here still drool over Bandai's ''Hummel''? Amd how many go to no end of trouble to ''accurize'' their 1/16 tanks then throw on 1/18 scale accessories, and pop in a 1/18 ''crew''?
I guess the thing that makes it wrong is because all of my (and prob most of you) have 1/16 tanks. It's nice to preserve the scale for comparison.
Perry
Old 10-29-2009, 12:03 AM
YHR

ORIGINAL: Perry S.

ORIGINAL: killick64

So what's wrong with 1/15 as a modelling sca;e? How many guys here still drool over Bandai's ''Hummel''? Amd how many go to no end of trouble to ''accurize'' their 1/16 tanks then throw on 1/18 scale accessories, and pop in a 1/18 ''crew''?
I guess the thing that makes it wrong is because all of my (and prob most of you) have 1/16 tanks. It's nice to preserve the scale for comparison.
Perry

True enough, but if calling it a 1/15 scale tank makes most of the errors go away, then it is what it is. Again, I need to have one in my hands with a set of calipers to see what the real issues might be. First thing I am going to do is check the width and length of the Hull. If it scales out closer to 1/15 then 1/16, then I know what I am going to do to appease myself
Old 10-29-2009, 12:55 AM
swathdiver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What we haven't seen from Bubbajoexx's review is facts about the scale inaccuracies. That would mean actual measurement comparisons versus the real thing. In the next few days many of us will be receiving them and will identify problems and make appropriate recommendations to improve it. We're RC Tankers, it's what we do! Mato is listening and through me we'll make this and the other products better.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:28 AM
BarkingSquirrel

Thats about all we can ask for. Nothings perfect.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:29 AM
timslocum

I still think the mantlet is wrong, especially when you look at the comparison pictures several posts back. Might help to turn it over.
Old 10-29-2009, 03:33 AM
swathdiver

The gun shield should've had rounded corners. Our prototypes had it but the computer guys had other ideas and I gave up after 10 e-mails. We all have experience modifying gun shields don't we?
Old 10-29-2009, 04:07 AM
SteelFist

ORIGINAL: swathdiver

What we haven't seen from Bubbajoexx's review is facts about the scale inaccuracies. That would mean actual measurement comparisons versus the real thing. In the next few days many of us will be receiving them and will identify problems and make appropriate recommendations to improve it. We're RC Tankers, it's what we do! Mato is listening and through me we'll make this and the other products better.

Swathdiver, Im confused, you say above Mato is listening ? then in your later posts you said, and I quote, Our prototypes had it but the computer guys had other ideas and I gave up after 10 e-mails. ?

Its a bit of a contradiction don't you think. Is that what you mean by Matos listening ? I wonder if that is how this Sherman has turned out the way it has. I would hate to think what it would have turned out like " If they hadn't been listening "
Old 10-29-2009, 04:11 AM
swathdiver

No contradiction. Different situations and people.
Old 10-29-2009, 04:17 AM
ksoc

Its a bit of a contradiction don't you think. Is that what you mean by Matos listening ?
Anybody else out there design or build things for a living? Just because you draw or specify something does NOT mean that is the way it is built. Usually it is for cost, but there can be a multitude of other reasons.

The fact that Mato attempted a Sherman with VVSS - and not just a Tamiya HVSS knock off - must mean they were listening to someone.
Old 10-29-2009, 05:18 AM
angusx

Good luck, although you probably won't need it. I certainly intend to buy from them again when the time comes
Old 10-29-2009, 05:56 AM
Dongskie

I'll live with it....
Old 10-29-2009, 07:42 AM
Smudgyboy

Take a look at this: http://rctankwarfare.co.cc/forums/vi...php?f=1&t=3760

I'm not going to buy one!
Old 10-29-2009, 08:18 AM
YHR

ORIGINAL: Smudgyboy

You and about 6 billion other people on this planet. Thanks for the link though. Same guy started that thread focusing on everything negative, so it pretty much is following the same path this thread did.

There are those that see a glass half empty, and others that see half full. I have more fun seeing a glass half full, so that perception is what shapes my reality. I am pretty confident that within a week of owning this Sherman I will have fun running a Mato VVS Sherman, and those of you who chose not to buy it, won't. It appears by some of the recent posts on RCU there are others who choose to see things differently then the reviewer.

We all have the freedom to choose what side of the line we want to be on.

Cheers.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:06 AM
AL D

The Sherman looks good to me - but the only thing I do when I get a new Tank is start it up - make sure everything works, then dismantle, rebuild and paint to my spec's anyway.

Although I will be waiting for the IR version.

BUNTS
Old 10-29-2009, 09:27 AM
kalnaren

ORIGINAL: Smudgyboy

You and about 6 billion other people on this planet. Thanks for the link though. Same guy started that thread focusing on everything negative, so it pretty much is following the same path this thread did.

There are those that see a glass half empty, and others that see half full. I have more fun seeing a glass half full, so that perception is what shapes my reality. I am pretty confident that within a week of owning this Sherman I will have fun running a Mato VVS Sherman, and those of you who chose not to buy it, won't. It appears by some of the recent posts on RCU there are others who choose to see things differently then the reviewer.

We all have the freedom to choose what side of the line we want to be on.

Cheers.
Likewise.. there are those of us who choose to wait and see what kind of aftermarket upgrades come out before purchasing. Doesn't make our opinion or decisions any less valid than yours.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:11 AM
chinito_03

ill wait till HL makes one... ever since i have doubts about mato's sherman...
Old 10-29-2009, 10:16 AM
condor11

Does the suspension on VsTank Pro Sherman work the same as on Mato Sherman?
Old 10-29-2009, 10:53 AM
SCAT PATTON

Here are a couple pics of Tiffs creations. Notice on the Jumbo how both arms on the rear bogies are compressed. Like the HL PZ III the suspension is the track tensioner. In bumpy terrain I think the suspension will need this capability to run smoothly and keep the tracks on.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94868.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	180.8 KB
ID:	1304251   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ie98229.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1304252  
Old 10-29-2009, 12:19 PM
shadowwolf65

Here`s a question,has any one else got one of these tanks yet and what do they think about it.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:35 PM
Viper54
My Feedback: (1)

look at the size diference
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Gd93976.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	1304308  
Old 10-29-2009, 01:50 PM
smittyrob

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The barrel is longer on the green one, the shadow under it makes it look bigger. I'd wait for better pictures.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.