Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RCCommand

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 04:55 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RCCommand

I heard from Bill today. Seems there has been some reorganizing going on and as everyone has heard some personal issues as well. He has told me that things will and are returning to normal, and service will begin to improve to what we have all been accustomed too in the past from RCCommand. I was informed by Bill some time ago about some issues that i was not at liberty to discuss so I had all the faith that RCCommand would be back better than ever. I personally would like to thank all of you who stuck by Bill through this rough period and I'm sure we will all be hearing from him soon. There are very few people who would bother to try to keep up with this hobby, or any hobby for that matter. I'm personally greatful to Bill and the others like him. Phil and Bob included. So lets look forward to a great new year for RC Tanks. It's short history is trully an amazing example of how quickly a hobby can grow into an obssesion. Keep Tanking. PG
Old 10-28-2009, 05:36 PM
Saxondog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCCommand

Bill has overcome some difficult issues that life can throw at you,he's managed a complicated set of problem's and is still the person we all know for his work ethic and strong sense of family values,and that is important to me as I enjoy this hobby with my son and daughter.Things are important to kids and no parent wants to let down a child,and I feel very strongly that Bill will be their for our Christmas list,and completely trust Bill to deliver as always he has done,and if their is a problem I know that Bill will return my call,Let's all be thankful for dealers Like Bill,bob,and Phil.It is fortunate that we here in the US can deal with real people and not some nameless corporation that could care less.Let's all be thankful and look forward to the new armor,PANTHER-G,SHERMAN,M-16 HALFTRACK,and I for one will be depending on BILL for my Panther and some 1/350scale ship kits that are new to the market,Glad BILL@RCCOMMAND is here for us and our families.Blake 1-saxondog
Old 10-28-2009, 06:20 PM
SteelFist

Well said Sax.
Old 10-28-2009, 06:24 PM
chinito_03

ORIGINAL: Panther G

I heard from Bill today. Seems there has been some reorganizing going on and as everyone has heard some personal issues as well. He has told me that things will and are returning to normal, and service will begin to improve to what we have all been accustomed too in the past from RCCommand. I was informed by Bill some time ago about some issues that i was not at liberty to discuss so I had all the faith that RCCommand would be back better than ever. I personally would like to thank all of you who stuck by Bill through this rough period and I'm sure we will all be hearing from him soon. There are very few people who would bother to try to keep up with this hobby, or any hobby for that matter. I'm personally greatful to Bill and the others like him. Phil and Bob included. So lets look forward to a great new year for RC Tanks. It's short history is trully an amazing example of how quickly a hobby can grow into an obssesion. Keep Tanking. PG
yup.. heard from bill.. samething. he called me but wasnt able to answer the call for that time i was busy in the ER.
surely ill be getting my Panther from em...
Old 10-28-2009, 06:25 PM
OttoDiesel

Hear, Hear !!!

Ralph
Old 12-02-2009, 04:24 PM
ARMOR RABBIT

i also herd from bill today he email me to let me know about my pershing turret so nice to here from him .and nice to know that hes trying hard to get to everybody .

Old 12-02-2009, 06:13 PM
ksoc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was informed by Bill some time ago about some issues that i was not at liberty to discuss ......
Not picking on anyone specific, but i seems like a dozen or so of you have heard from RCC, but still no PUBLIC RCUniv posts, or explaination(s) on their website.

While you are at it, maybe one of you apostles could get the 'straight dope' on the DBC issue.

Sorry about the extreme sarcasm, but I still remember BYA, and those who stuck by them till the bitter end.

One good post from RCC is worth a hundred testimonials.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:50 PM
FFR2608

I too got a personal call from Bill. PIII metal hull on it's way.

DH
Old 12-03-2009, 12:52 AM
Wehrmacht39

Great! I'm glad things are getting better.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:54 AM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got the parts I ordered.
Old 12-03-2009, 10:17 AM
dash69

Happy to hear about Bill...now to get a parts list together..
Old 12-03-2009, 12:28 PM
SNOWTANK

This is good to hear. Looks like my faith is being restored. Looking forward to making a purchase with Bill in the near future. [8D]
Old 12-05-2009, 02:59 AM
pcsguy88

Got my large order today. Only 1 part was missing and should be remedied soon. My KV-1's front idler was hanging by 1 screw, but this looks to be UPS's and HL's problem. Why the hell did HL use such soft plastic on the KV? Anyways, no biggie there, I got an Asiatam hull with it because of severlt posts of idlers falling off.

I'll let you guys know how the missing part goes.
Old 12-05-2009, 03:02 AM
pcsguy88

And yes, I do support Bill. 5 orders in 2yrs and have never been wronged. The past several months of strained communication is annoying to say the least, but I also speak to a human before actually placing an order. Bill has always gone out of his way to find replacement parts or measure things for me as needed.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

ORIGINAL: pcsguy88

And yes, I do support Bill. 5 orders in 2yrs and have never been wronged. The past several months of strained communication is annoying to say the least, but I also speak to a human before actually placing an order. Bill has always gone out of his way to find replacement parts or measure things for me as needed.
Hey, I bought 4 tanks within a years time from RCCommand and had no problems either. But you cannot ignore a thread that goes 5 pages long with guys having problems getting product from them over 5 to 6 months.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:07 AM
pcsguy88

Trust me, I do not ignore. I verify before ordering by speaking to Bill before sending money, just like I would with Blitz since his site does not a have a real shopping cart yet. All facts must be heard and considered, good or bad. Mine happened to be good once again and was able to verify when the product reached his door prior to paying for it. Bill holds stuff for you, Mato does not.

I liked it much better this past spring when every story had a happy ending at RcCommand.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:03 PM
ksoc

Who of you out there support DARKITH?

Do any of you HAPPY CUSTOMERS care about the UNANSWERED accusation that RC COMMAND ripped off Darkith's DBC????

RCC seems to have plenty of time to read RCU and respond to individuals, but no time to post in this forum????

Hey Bill, if you don't want to post publicly, just PM, e-mail, or call me (like you do everyone else) and I pass on what you say to everyone on the forum, just like they do!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh16835.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	1327443  
Old 12-05-2009, 02:14 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I support Darkith fully. He is a forum contributor and designed the DBC and made Tamiya compatiblity with IR battlling a reality. I have only heard one side of this story, but without any rebuttal, what is a guy left to believe???. I know what i am doing until I hear something else to pursade me differently.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:43 PM
herrmill

Received 63 Likes on 47 Posts

ROFLMAO over the lemmings!!!!
Old 12-05-2009, 06:19 PM
removeb4flt

Darkith was ripped off plain and simple. no sugar coating no BS no dancing around with words. He was ripped off.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:39 AM
pcsguy88

I have no way of knowing if the design was ripped off or not. I only own Darkith's hobby radio board and support him fully. I would believe it was a ripoff if someone could show me how the two designs are the same, but I'm sure there is more than 1 way to do the same thing. XM and Sirius both beam radio from space before they merged, does that mean they are the same? I'm just saying, if it's such a proven fact and so many people "know" it to be true, why hasn't someone taken the time to disect them side by side with photos? Maybe someone did and I missed it. If he did rip it off, then shame on him. Don't by the battle unit from rccommand and make him eat the investment. It's still better to spend my money in the US if I can and avoid sending it to Canada, Europe or Asia. The government sends enough of our money over there.

I have to believe in the system of innocent until proven guilty. And honestly, if Bill did post here, what would it accomplish? A 5 page thread of internet nerd rage and mob opinion that wouldn't change no matter what he said?

If I don't get my missing parts from my order, I'll gladly share that news here so you guys can use it as a warning to other buyers. Just keep track of the bad stories as you have been, but make sure you don't flame the good stories, they are just as relevent for those trying to make educated decisions when choosing where to buy.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:05 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is a picture of the RCC unit

A power transister has been added to supply power to the sound card from what I can tell. They have commercialized it with dip switchs and jacks which is great, but that does nothing to hide the fact it is laid out like a DBC. From what I understand the programming for the unit using the joysticks are the same as well.

Can anyone who owns one of the RCC units comment on how you program it from the transmitter. Aslo quite frankly I have never heard of anyone commenting on the RCC unit. How does it work?, Are you happy with it?. What is the sound card like? At first I thought this was going to be exactly what the doctor ordered for upgrading the Heng long, but then the origins were questioned, and I heard some horror stories on another forum about faulty wire traces on the board.

Not sure what the status of this unit is now, but I am curious to hear how it functions.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Li20938.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	1327825  
Old 12-06-2009, 10:56 AM
darkith

Over several emails, Bill basically admitted that the RCC BS is a direct derivative of my DBC-HL.
Here's an excerpt: "We have redesigned the board to include two onboard power resistors for IR and tower and two onboard regulators for supplying voltage to IC and one for 3v supply to sd module....Redesigning the layout as we did is simply a product of customer demand for ease of installation and pricing."

Redesigning does not suddenly free you from the constraints of copyright and Intellectual Property. You can't just "redesign" a Ford Mustang to have more comfortable seats and start selling them yourself.
Seeing as the DBC-HL was already available from Phil as a ready to install kit, that leaves pricing as the objective. Well of course you can sell a product cheaper if you steal the design and don't have to account for the cost of development. :P

It's interesting how everybody use to give Heng Long a hard time for "copying" Tamiya (e.g. claiming the Tiger was a cloned chassis with redesigned guts for cheaper pricing). But, when RCC does it, there's a number of people who either turn a blind eye or rush to the defense.

Oh, and the "It's American" defense is ironic. I source most of the expensive components from the US...but I believe that somebody stated that Bill has a source for these from China....so by buying from RCC, you're probably sending more money out of the US.

D.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:09 PM
borealis

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

I have several DBCs, which never faulted me, and some time ago tried an RCC for comparison. My one had an erratic behaveour with regards to the sound, which implied wrong sounds being played at startup or when trying to shoot, or a complete lockdown of the whole card when connecting everything: the sound card, which is ready-made in China (I found the chinese supplier site some time ago) has several inputs to trigger the sounds,but in my card some of them didn't work, some locked the system when connected.
After reporting it to Bill asking for some suggestions I was told that I would have received a replacement system. That happened at the beginning of september, and never got any replacement.
Another negative aspect it that the rx18 amplifier catches alot interference through the additional sound wire.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:06 PM
removeb4flt

well said Darkith. you have advanced this hobby with your own mind and two hands. unlike Rcc who have rode in on your back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.