Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

RX 18 High intensity Flash Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RX 18 High intensity Flash Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 11:54 AM
SteelFist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX 18 High intensity Flash Question

I want to fit this unit to my HL Tiger without a recoil unit. I just want to place the LED in the barrel as normal. Does anyone know how I could do it ?

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91116.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1327297  
Old 12-05-2009, 05:47 PM
ARMOR RABBIT

Default RE: RX 18 High intensity Flash Question

hi steelfish how i did mine i took the turret apart and took out the airsoft unit and took out the guts of the airsoft unit and feed the high intensity flash up the barrel to the muzzel and i put the just the caseing of the airsoft back in and i put the unit up inside the turret stuck it on .and feed the wires down trough and plug it in to the rx18 . i dont have any pics on how i did it .i think if you whent in to rccommand site and click on how to guides it might show you how to do that there. or some of the guys on the form might have some pics on how thay did it . hope this is some help to you.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:23 PM
SteelFist

ORIGINAL: ARMOR RABBIT

hi steelfish how i did mine i took the turret apart and took out the airsoft unit and took out the guts of the airsoft unit and feed the high intensity flash up the barrel to the muzzel and i put the just the caseing of the airsoft back in and i put the unit up inside the turret stuck it on .and feed the wires down trough and plug it in to the rx18 . i dont have any pics on how i did it .i think if you whent in to rccommand site and click on how to guides it might show you how to do that there. or some of the guys on the form might have some pics on how thay did it . hope this is some help to you.
Thanks for that AR. One further question, how do you trigger the flash ?
Old 12-05-2009, 08:30 PM
ARMOR RABBIT

hi steelfish how to tiger the flash you need to solder in a rectifier diode on back of the rx18 board to see how to do it go to rccommand site and go into how to guides and click on RX18 Full Function Firing Mod you will see how its done thay will show you two ways to do it its pretty simple. let me know how it turns out for you.