Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

VS airsoft parts into HL ?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

VS airsoft parts into HL ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2009, 02:14 AM
taoJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VS airsoft parts into HL ?

Thought I seen a post about putting VS Leo 2 airsoft parts into the HL Tiger, cant seem to find the post, also toyeast.com no longer list the airsoft parts for the Leo 2, will the ones for the VS tiger or abrams also fit?
Are supposed to just swap out the gears/motor or the whole assm?
Yes, I searched, not like the rcuniverse search engine is the greatest
TIA

Old 12-11-2009, 03:42 AM
Ern

Default RE: VS airsoft parts into HL ?

I don't know if it was posted recently, but here's an old thread on the topic. Be careful with the gears - there's a lot of them, and a few small spacers. When I tried something didn't mess right and gears stripped. You may want to start by just using the VS spring and plunger that fits into the spring and see if that gives you the results you are looking for. The plunger piece compreses the spring a bit more. There is a fine line with these things as they are cheaply made and plastic parts tend to crack under to much pressure.

The reason for the Leo barrel is the length. Because of the difference in scale, if you use a different model may be to short. Toyeast doesn't always have every part listed, and when they are out of stock it isn't displayed on their pages. Check back once in awhile and you'll probably see it there again.

Good luck!

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_51...tm.htm#5185128

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_55...ication/tm.htm
Old 12-11-2009, 09:39 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Hi i use the longer A6 barrel because you can cut the end off with a cutter and make it the full lenght of the HL barrel also you may need to use a grinder and grind down some of the lumps on the A6 barrels outside because it's shaped like a A6 barrel and not just a pipe so that it will fit inside the HL outter plastic barrel.
Old 12-11-2009, 01:07 PM
taoJ

Thanks Guys that's the ones I was looking for!
Old 12-11-2009, 10:01 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's no real reason to spend time swapping out the components. You can just install the VS gun in the place of the HL gun. You may have to do a bit of modding to get it to fit, but very little and it is much less effort than swapping the parts around. For my PIII one little spot had to ground down on the mantlet, that's it.
Perry