Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

RCTANKWARS battle unit review test video

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

RCTANKWARS battle unit review test video

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 12:39 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RCTANKWARS battle unit review test video

Well i tested the system it does everything the tamiya sytems i have do just the sound is not on par with tamiya but for the $ the system and Heng long tank you can't beat it and you can do battle with the tamiyas!!
I show a upgrade to the elevation unit also and the speakerand also show how it works and sounds

Get yours at rctankwars.com and Phil will hook you up!! be sure to tell him shenlonco sent you!!!

Enjoy.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ70oeWIccg[/youtube]
Old 12-15-2009, 01:27 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Default RE: RCTANKWARS battle unit review test video

Sounds and looks great, and that elevation is wicked as well. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

- Jeff
Old 12-15-2009, 01:31 PM
shenlonco

ORIGINAL: Panther F

Sounds and looks great, and that elevation is wicked as well. [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

- Jeff
THANKS! I suppose you can use a stock kyosho Mini Z motor also for the elevation mod they would be about the same i guess.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:45 PM
SteelFist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very good. How about making a video to show step by step how the Battle unit is installed into the Tank.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:22 PM
shenlonco

ORIGINAL: SteelFist

Very good. How about making a video to show step by step how the Battle unit is installed into the Tank.
No need to Phil at rctankwars.com will send you a word perfect file and it shows photos and step by step installation instructions!
Old 12-15-2009, 02:22 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Darkiths system is very easy to hook up. You need to supply it with 5V and another wire to the sound portion of the Heng Long main board. Two wires is all
Old 12-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Malloc

I just got 2 tanks from RCtankwars with this system installed. It works well vs each other, I have yet to play with someone with the tamiya system. Phil was a great help and I would recommend buying from him to anyone else who is interested in a tank.

Does anyone know how this system (DBU/DBC) compares to the RCC system that is available on the rccommand web site?

Thanks

-M

Old 12-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Ern

Ouch! Bad question there Malloc. You are obviously new here! First of all, welcome to the forum. As to your question, read this thread starting about 2/3 the way down Page 1.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9210173/tm.htm
Old 12-16-2009, 09:17 AM
EOT

Hi Malloc

This is my first post to the R/c Universe forum so i hope I don't step on any toes!. I became interested in R/C tanks in augustandbeing a newbie looked at the price of both and bought the RCCommand system based on price figuring that they were both Tamiya compatible. It took a month and a half to get it because of back ordered parts. The first one didn't work...... period. It also came with no instructions other than online at his sight and no info on how to program it(Bubbajoexx to the rescue). Bill sent me a second one and it worked the first time I started it but the second time it quit working after playing the song. I ended up sending it back and getting a refund.
In the meantime I ordered the DBCRC2 system from the Blitz and it is easier to hook up and I have had no problems with it . It works with Tamiya's system as the club I belong to is mostly Tamiya guys. I like it so well it is the only system i have on my Hen Long tanks, and I have 2 more with it installed and will be getting more systems after the first of the year. Hey Darkith I'm the guy Blitz told you about.LOL,and Phil you do great workassembling them.Both of you are great for the hobby!
I don't want to get into the other things said about RCCommand in other threads I was new at the time and didn't know any better. Will I buy stuff from Bill- yes, not the battle system though. I have bought 2 tanks and some parts and am very happy with his company and him. The DBC is all I will put on my HL's, unlessI go a little crazy and try the EL MOD system. But that would be for a pride and joy build.Kinda long winded answer hope I haven't put anyone too sleep or Po'ed them either

Eot
Old 12-16-2009, 09:47 AM
Malloc

Ouch, Didn't realize I was stepping in it....

Anyway it is good to know that the RCC is a DBC knock off. I have 2 DBC units and as I said before I am happy with them and would order again from Blitz in a heartbeat.
From the RCCommand website the RCC looked pretty easy to install, I was just looking for some info for people who had actually used it to see if I made the right choice... looks like I did.

-M