Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Differences In Tiger HL Hulls

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Differences In Tiger HL Hulls

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 04:39 PM
BiggTony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Differences In Tiger HL Hulls

Here's a problem I'm running into and hopefully someone could help me come up with a solution, other than purchasing an Asiatam hull. I tried to remove the idler on my original hull and cracked the molded axle support in the process. So, I ordered a new hull from mato for less than 7 bucks. I didn't realize that the hull I ordered came with the wheels and plastic idler, which was cool, but useless since I have the metal set up.

I had no idea mystock full metal Tiger hull had little differencesin the new one acquiredthat resulted in being a pain in the rear, until I began to swap things. All my wheels and swing arms are screwed into a metal bracketon the inside of the hull. The flimsy road wheels on the new hull, only held in by a pin didn't look stable enough to support my metal tracks. So, I had to drill all the pegs out so I could swap those over.

The smoke switch and On/Off switch have horizontal screw holes in the mold, but I plan on sealing the hull anyway, so no biggie.

But, most importantly and the most frustrating is that my motor box does not align tomost of the screw hole openings at the base of the hull.

The original hull that I have has 6 screw holes per side (only 3 used per side) which look like additional modifications to the older hull that I have now. Whereas my new hull has 3 per side, but I can only use one screw hole. The two others (per side) are positioned directly under where the motor and first gear would be. Making it useless to drill new holes in the gear bracket.

I really don't want to screw the motors in from the bottom.

Has anyone ran into this problem, and if so, what was the solution?

Thanks in advance for any help!