Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Yes the Iranian's have a tank

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Yes the Iranian's have a tank

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:36 PM
torpedochief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yes the Iranian's have a tank

Zulfiqar (Persian: ذوالفقار) is a second generation Iranian main battle tank (MBT), conceived by Brigadier General Mir-Younes Masoumzadeh, deputy ground force commander for research and self-sufficiency of the armed forces. It is named after Zulfiqar, the legendary sword of the first Shia Imam Hazrat Ali.[2] The test prototypes of the tank were evaluated in 1993. Six semi-industrial prototypes of the tank were produced and tested in 1997.[3]

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91146.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1386275  
Old 02-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Rebellion13

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Default RE: Yes the Iranian's have a tank

Ok now that we know what they look like, lets blow them up
Old 02-24-2010, 11:58 PM
yellowshaker
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Funny, that design looks awful familiar to me...
Old 02-25-2010, 01:00 AM
Choochoo187

Nice chief pretty work sir. im sure are boys will take them out quite nicely.
Old 02-25-2010, 07:56 AM
pattoncommander

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a hybrid Abrams-Leo. Wonder if they are going to get in nuke mode. Either way, a good IDF target.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:25 AM
Me-109 Jagdflieger

no no no your wrong, its that new body kit for the T-72, part of Iran's "Pimp My Tank" Program to make their old ones look new and menacing
Jonathan
Old 02-25-2010, 12:21 PM
gnutonian

ORIGINAL: pattoncommander

Looks like a hybrid Abrams-Leo. Wonder if they are going to get in nuke mode. Either way, a good IDF target.
ORIGINAL: Rebellion13

Ok now that we know what they look like, lets blow them up
ORIGINAL: Choochoo187

Nice chief pretty work sir. im sure are boys will take them out quite nicely.
Hey now, what kind of reporting have you guys been watching?Can we at least wait until they actually do something before talking about a war that will be very difficult for the participating Western countries to win? There are already way too many coffins coming home from Afghanistan and Iraq.
Old 02-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Panther G

Go hug a tree somewhere else.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:08 PM
cheap tank

Way to many coffins coming home? the only way to have less casualties is to surender in the first month.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:22 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Western nations can win a war, especially with Iran. The difficulty remains in policing actions. If the objective is to crush a nation and obliterate its ability to fight, Iran doesn't stand a chance. It's the rebuilding and counter-insurgency that we're still trying to figure out.

BTW...the subject line of this caught me off guard because I've looked at the Iranian military a couple of times and was not aware of them having an indigenous tank. Fortunately, I'm right. 6 prototype tanks built over a decade and a half ago does not make a tank produced by Iran. Experimented, yes...produced, no. They remain dependent on what they can buy, which is mostly Soviet/Russian (depending upon age) and increasingly old and broken as a result of the various trade sanctions.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:35 PM
1sgt

ORIGINAL: Panther G

Go hug a tree somewhere else.

Go hug a tree, awesome remark, can't get anymore American than that, Hoooaaa!!!!!

Jim
Old 02-25-2010, 04:07 PM
gnutonian

Iagree they can, if the troops aren't stuck in Iraq and Afghanistan and the other Islamic nations don't join together to defend Iran. My post was mostly about the lack of reason to attack Iran: nuclear power/weapons are not a reason. Ifind the idea of a religously-led country like Iran having nuclear weaponry quite scary too, but we have to remember that countries who possess nuclear weapons don't get invaded: maybe they're trying to achieve just that?(That's positive thinking on my part, Iknow.)

Iam certainly no tree hugger or anti-war activist (Idon't think those people own RCtanks, they'd own RCbunnies or something), however, Icannot support wars that have no justification (*) and lead to nothing but a whole bunch of dead people.After almost seven years in Iraq, what has changed apart from a hanged president (who was never a real threat to our countries anyway), so many dead people, and the same (or more) misery in Iraq than before?

That's why I said what Isaid above.Supporting a war is very easy when you're not the one who has to go fight it and come back without legs or in a coffin (which is why politicians find it so easy to start wars).

(*) Iwant to make it very clear that Ido support the soldiers who are sent to war, for whatever reason that war was begun.They're doing the duty they signed up for, risking their lives, and that demands a lot of respect.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:37 PM
cheap tank

I agree with alot of what you say espcialy about politicians but i dont think under the curent management that iran will live and let live when they have the bomb. The casulties in our curent mess are incredibly low considering it is an atempt at [nation building] due in no small part to the young men and women involved. Many people seam to think that if any one in war is killed some one made a mistake or worse.
Old 02-25-2010, 04:43 PM
bigskydude

Thank god for Israel!..... I'm not jewish, but I respect the fact that they will only take so much s$#t before they take the law into their own hands(and dont give a ratt's butt what other countries think). Like that Hamas leader they took out the other day in Dubai....that was beautiful!..these terrorist/islamist extremeistscumbags need to learn thatthey can run and hide all they want(tobig of pussies for a head-on fight), but as soon as they stick their heads out of the sand it's gonnaget blown off....
Old 02-25-2010, 04:58 PM
Ron V

Didn't Mahmoud Ahmadinejad say something about wiping Israel off the face of the earth. I think it's better to take care of a possible problem like this, than to wait until it is a problem.
It's kind of like preventive maintenance.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:26 PM
cheap tank

The little guy with the mustash realy dident mean it i am shure that after helth care, cap and trade and a few other things we will get peace in our time.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:02 PM
gnutonian

Edited because Ishould've thought of this:
ORIGINAL: dyeager535

This is definitely the wrong forum for the way this thread has gone.
Old 02-25-2010, 06:16 PM
dyeager535

"However, if someone (Iran or not) were to attack Israel, that is not my problem. Israel can defend itself (and has shown that very well in the Six-Day War!). Israel being attacked is disturbing, but should not affect me or my soon-to-be-wife... putting it selfishly, we have our own life to lead. War is terrible, but when it's far away it's acceptable. It's survival instinct more than anything else, really. "

Damn, why didn't we think of that for WW1 or WW2??

This is definitely the wrong forum for the way this thread has gone.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:33 PM
rye
My Feedback: (10)

one abrams on the battle field and no more iranian tanks for them lol ,don find a traget, fire[X(] ,on the way[:@] all gone lol
Old 02-25-2010, 10:11 PM
cheap tank

Maby not if it is crewd by gnutonian
Old 02-25-2010, 10:13 PM
pattoncommander

Or what an Israeli TC would say "באש ט*קים התותחן." (Gunner! tank! fire!) 1 April will be defining date on Iran.. as in the past, these people can never accept the fact that Israel will defend its people. Maybe Amadinahjad thinks this tank is his Wunderwaffe! (Maybe both of them) Maybe this photo is of a blow up mock tank like we used in WW II.[X(]
Old 02-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Perry S.

ORIGINAL: gnutonian

That turned out to be a mistranslation. Strangely enough, the mistranslation was made by an Iranian government media agency - so either they suck at translating, or had their own personal anti-Israeli agenda.

However, if someone (Iran or not) were to attack Israel, that is not my problem. Israel can defend itself (and has shown that very well in the Six-Day War!). Israel being attacked is disturbing, but should not affect me or my soon-to-be-wife... putting it selfishly, we have our own life to lead. War is terrible, but when it's far away it's acceptable. It's survival instinct more than anything else, really.
It's like crime: the local gangs make me think about our personal security. Gangs in the USA disturb me (the fact they exist and the acts they commit), but they don't influence my life.

The combination of the ''2012 idea'' (the Mayan calendar ending, basically - even though you can just assume that it was a lazy Mayan thinking ''2012 is far enough, **** this, let someone else continue the calendar'') and Saint Malachy's prophecy (the one-before-last Pope is Benedict XVI) just make me a bit scared about the prospect of a new war. It may just be the one that ends everything. Six years ago, I wouldn't have cared. Now, I'm going to get married soon. You'll have to excuse my personal feelings getting into this topic. I'd like to have a life with my wife.

It's quite like the stupid and probably untrue story of an Allied soldier addressing a Flemish (northern region of Belgium) peasant after the Second World War: ''Are you glad that you were liberated?''. And the peasant replied ''So I'm not poor anymore?!''. No matter who won the war, the peasant was going to be poor. No matter who starts, wins or loses the next big war, me, my future wife and our European/American countrymen will be the big losers. We'll be paying for a war we never wanted in the first place.
(Israel's got nukes, though. If a nuclear attack happened on Israel, they would retaliate with nuclear power. What would be the point in obliterating a nation, if yours is - and you are - going to be obliterated as well?)
Just switched back to thinking the tree hugger comment was right.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:44 AM
torpedochief

Hehehehe

Found this while researching for the book after TIGER. ROGUE.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39658.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	39.3 KB
ID:	1386918  
Old 02-26-2010, 01:50 AM
pcsguy88

Awesome Torpedochief!

I tend to agree with gnutonian on the point that nuclear nations do not get invaded. I know if I ran a country, I'd want the bomb for that exact reason. Iran is going to have to actually do something before I can support a full blown war with them. I danced to the war drums of Iraq, but they won't be able to fluff me into supporting another war unless I see dead Americans or Allies in the headlines. Our weapons tests in the Middle East have proven successful and we have collected all the data we need. Let's try to wait a decade or two before conducting a retest.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:25 AM
hairy46

The other day, I was at a fast food place eating my freedom frys when I had read in the news paper want adds rifle for sale. I called and went and looked at it and paid for it. The lady that sold it to me said that when she was a little girl that her dad was stationed in France. When she and her little sister went to sell girl scout cookies in uniform the man handed over the rifle and in fear begged for them to leave! She had it for all those years and never used it and left it as is, so she put it up for sale. When I got it home I realized it was a military rifle one of theirs! The way I could tell was it had not only never been fired but it had no scatches from sliding a bullet into it! Yes I am going to sand down the stock to get the paintings of the daisy's off it, oh ya and the peace sign, and then turn it into something to protect and feed the family!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.