Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

Clutch issues with hl tank on jagd

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Clutch issues with hl tank on jagd

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 01:37 AM
city hunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch issues with hl tank on jagd

Anyone else encountered problems with the clutch on the hl tank just giving out. Mine went from good to not so good on the first battery, then after the hobby shop swapped my internals out I went and ran a second battery knowing my left track clutch was pretty bad, and ended up having a tank that almost always sslips when trying to turn on anything but a hardwood floor.

Is there any solution to this? I'm thikning about just epoxing the damn clutches so i dont have to deal with them anymore utili get some metal gear boxes. Anyone else ran into this problems?

My stug on the other hafnd rarely hits the clutch. I know it sbecause of the size and width oft he two differenmt tracks, but my old hl tiger 1 without the clutch has no issues.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:28 AM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Clutch issues with hl tank on jagd

I use epoxy putty and bind the clutch halves together. THis is the gear that you need to salvage from the nylon gear tower to build 3:1 gear boxes. So everytime I use one of these I do the epoxy thing. It works well. However the slipping clutch might be a syptom of something else going on. Gluing the clutch gear may lead to a burnt out board if there is something causing the clutch to do its job. I would remove that tower, take the motor off and try to free wheel the gears to be sure there is no cogging or binding going on.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:59 PM
city hunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Clutch issues with hl tank on jagd

I never onticed any binding issues with the box when I pulled it out and the track movement was smooth. I noticed the cluthc was extremely easy to slip though