Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Raidentech Shipping?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 09:30 AM
1sgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raidentech Shipping?

All,
I just ordered a tank from Raidentech. On the order form it had $ 0.00 for shipping. When I finalized the order, I was charged $ 18.11 for shipping. Granted this is much less then from Mato, but why the deception? I sent them an email, but knowing their customer relations, I'll be luckey to get a reply. Just hope the tank arrives OK.

Jim
Old 05-02-2010, 09:31 AM
1sgt

Default RE: Raidentech Shipping?

ORIGINAL: 1sgt

All,
I just ordered a tank from Raidentech. On the order form it had $ 0.00 for shipping. When I finalized the order, I was charged $ 18.11 for shipping. Granted this is much less then from Mato, but why the deception? I sent them an email, but knowing their customer relations, I'll be luckey to get a reply. Just hope the tank arrives OK.

Jim

PS,
It even had an astreck saying shipping and handeling includeded??
Old 05-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The free shipping has always been the draw for RATen tech. If they are charging for it now I cant see any reason too use them.
Old 05-02-2010, 11:05 AM
BiggTony

They aren't open on the weekend, but your best bet is to call them. They aren't the greatest when it comes to solving problems or sending you parts for repairs........but they are consistent on issuing returns and charging restock fees. If you contact them by email, it'll take a couple days for them to respond in most cases. 

Was this order a tank? I know some of their orders don't allow freeshipping such as the ride on cars.
Old 05-02-2010, 12:29 PM
milsurp53

This is the only way I've received help from them. Andy's pretty good about helping here. There are usually free shipping codes available online.
http://www.rcdiscuss.com/index.php?board=112.0
http://www.mycoolheli.com/raidentechcoupons.html
Old 05-02-2010, 01:50 PM
bananapirate

did you use the free shipping code?
Old 05-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Panther F

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts

I wouldn't have paid it and waited for an answer.

- Jeff
Old 05-02-2010, 02:13 PM
1sgt

ORIGINAL: bananapirate

I didn't see any free shipping code. When I did the order form, it had $0.00 for shipping. It wasn't until I finalized the deal that it came up with a shipping charge. I may have missed something and maybe Raidentech will answer my email. I'll keep all informed.

Jim
Old 05-02-2010, 02:33 PM
BiggTony

Yeah, your gonna have to cancel the order before it ships. Don't chance it by replying by email....it's possible that it'll ship before you get a reply, therefore you'll be charged a restock fee.They don't ship on the weekends, so don't worry. If you ordered it Friday, then it won't ship till the evening oftomorrow. Fortunately they're 2 hours behind....or for you, 3 hours, so you'll have plenty of time to get a hold of them. CJFREESHIPPING works for US orders of $50 or more....despite the link provided above stating a $100 minimum.
Old 05-02-2010, 03:42 PM
bananapirate

ORIGINAL: bananapirate

I didn't see any free shipping code. When I did the order form, it had $0.00 for shipping. It wasn't until I finalized the deal that it came up with a shipping charge. I may have missed something and maybe Raidentech will answer my email. I'll keep all informed.

Jim
Yeah you are supposed to type in the coupon code where it tells you. go to Retailmenot.com and type in raidentech.comto get the code

Old 05-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Panther G

I'll stick with Bill and Phil for my HL stuff. Them and Steve at WelshDragon. The 3 best HL dealers on the planet as far as I'm concerned.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:37 PM
milsurp53

I bought my first tank from Raidentech. It was defective from the factory, not their fault. I contacted them on RCDiscuss and got a very fast response. They paid for return shipping and sent out a new tank right away. I've bought a lot of helicopters and parts from them, xheli,hobbypartz, etc. (all the same place) I've received very fast shipping and good prices. They have great Black Friday sales! No complaints from me.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:56 PM
1sgt

ORIGINAL: milsurp53

I bought my first tank from Raidentech. It was defective from the factory, not their fault. I contacted them on RCDiscuss and got a very fast response. They paid for return shipping and sent out a new tank right away. I've bought a lot of helicopters and parts from them, xheli,hobbypartz, etc. (all the same place) I've received very fast shipping and good prices. They have great Black Friday sales! No complaints from me.

All,
I did get a response to my email, they said someone will contact me in 1-2 days ( not holding my breath) They also gave me a phone # ( perpetually busy) They also suggest I contact them on their chat ( haven't tried yet, will let you know). I did receive shipping confirmation from UPS. Has a delivery date of 7 May. Now that is fast. Will keep all informed.

Jim
Old 05-03-2010, 03:40 PM
1sgt

All,
Never did get through on the phone. Got put on hold for ever and it's not a toll free line so I hung up. Did make contact on the chat. and even though my original invoice had $0.00 for shipping and handeling. ( the final close out had the additional $18.11 for shipping) they say they no longer do the coupons. It's still less then Mato. so, yes I got suckered but I still save $ so long as it arrives defect free and in one piece I'll still be happy.

Jim

PS, I went back to the website and did an order( I cancelled it). they now post a shipping calculator. I guess I hit them on the change.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:53 PM
Panther G

Not really. Bill at RCCommand would have only charged 15.00 shipping. maybe less since he's in Texas. you would have had your tank by now.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:43 PM
milsurp53

That's odd, I just went on the Raidentech site and put a Snow Leopard S&S Full Metal version in the cart. Used coupon code "CJFREESHIPPING" and it showed free shipping. $139.95 total shipped.
Go to the RCDiscuss link above for your best chance of a refund.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:48 PM
ZEUKI

Hello, I had a similar thing happen to me, the shipping was 0 dollars but the total was higher than the price listed by 18 dollars or so. and it said the cjfreeshipping had been applied. I went through it several times, then noticed the " upgrades" were checked for one extra battery and extra ammo both adding up to 18+ dollars, so I returned to the buy screen and unchecked these items, then went back tothecheckoutscreen and my total went from 150 something to the 139.95 it was supposed to be. This will be my first tank, as well as my first time buying something like this without seing it first. Anyway hope all works out for you, and you will have to let us know how it turns out.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:33 PM
1sgt

That's odd, I just went on the Raidentech site and put a Snow Leopard S&S Full Metal version in the cart. Used coupon code ''CJFREESHIPPING'' and it showed free shipping. $139.95 total shipped.

I never saw a discount shipping coupon and when I contacted them on their chat, they said it was no longer available. Go figure. I went back to the site did a dummy order and up poped a shipping price chart, so maybe I caught them before they had completly changed their software. Just hope it arrives OK and works.

Jim
Old 05-04-2010, 01:58 PM
1sgt

All,
Just received another email from Raidentech. Thay said someone will definitly contact me to resolve this issue with-in 24 Hrs. Will let you all know what happens.

Jim
Old 05-04-2010, 05:32 PM
BiggTony

All,
Just received another email from Raidentech. Thay said someone will definitly contact me to resolve this issue with-in 24 Hrs. Will let you all know what happens.

Jim
That means once you get the tank, they'll issue you an RMA number. Don't do it! Just eat the $18 bucks cause it'll cost you more or less to ship it back!
Old 05-05-2010, 04:42 PM
BiggTony

That's odd, I just went on the Raidentech site and put a Snow Leopard S&S Full Metal version in the cart. Used coupon code ''CJFREESHIPPING'' and it showed free shipping. $139.95 total shipped.

I never saw a discount shipping coupon and when I contacted them on their chat, they said it was no longer available. Go figure. I went back to the site did a dummy order and up poped a shipping price chart, so maybe I caught them before they had completly changed their software. Just hope it arrives OK and works.

Jim
Just ordered a PIII and I wasn't charged for shipping when I entered the CJFREESHIPPING as usual. (Another spur of the moment buy....I just couldn't resist another tank!)
<thead> </thead>
Shopping Cart
Item Options Unit Price Qty. Cost
1/16 Scale US PanzerKampfwagen III RC Airsoft Tank featuring smokes, sound, and lights ( Metal Gear & Track Upgrade)[/b]
  • BB Bullets : No Thanks.
  • Extra Battery : No Thanks.[/list]
$139.95 1 $139.95
Subtotal: $139.95
Shipping: $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $139.95
* Includes Shipping & Handling Fees

Order Status

Confirmation

<fieldset style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-color: initial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 12px; font-size: 11px; font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif; border-color: initial; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">
Order Status:
Tracking:
Order Date: 05/05/2010
Order Number: raidentech none ya'
</fieldset>

Ship To

<fieldset style="border-top-width: 0px; border-right-width: 0px; border-bottom-width: 0px; border-left-width: 0px; border-top-style: none; border-right-style: none; border-bottom-style: none; border-left-style: none; border-color: initial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; line-height: 12px; font-size: 11px; font-family: arial, verdana, sans-serif; border-color: initial; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; ">
  • None ya'[/list]

Shipping Method:UPS Ground[/b]

</fieldset>

Bill To

• Non ya'[/list]
Old 05-05-2010, 05:06 PM
milsurp53

ORIGINAL: Panther G

Not really. Bill at RCCommand would have only charged 15.00 shipping. maybe less since he's in Texas. you would have had your tank by now.
RCCommand charges about $40 more for the tank, and right now you're really not sure when you might get it. Hopefully things get better soon. He has some things I'd really like to order.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:05 PM
1sgt

All,
My PZIV arrived today, and thank goodness so far everything works. and nothing is broken. I was surprised as the box had taken some abuse, but so far all is A-OK. I will just have to suck up the $18.00 shipping fee. I'm just glad it works.
I plan on making this a late Model PZIV ( just got to figure how to fix the muzzel brake and still allow airsoft) with schuzern. I have already ordered the Tamiya Sprue for the turret schuzern from Karen at AAF and will mod the side skirts off of that. It will sport the three color camo scheme. Haven't yet decided if it will be Eastern or Western front. That will come as I go. I haven't decided if I want zimmerit or not( any ideas?).
I will try and take pics as I go( although there has been a plethora of PZIV builds of late ) Thanks for all the advice and any comment or ideas are more then welcome.
Interesting, as the tank came with the metal upgrades already applied ( metal sprocket, ideler and tracks) When I got my metal upgrade from Mato, The mentioned parts were extra? Shame , I already had ideas for the extra parts. I guess I need to open her up to see if they also ran in the metal gears ( It does already run very smooth). Another interesting thing, they also sent an extra set of crystals for a different freq. Nice touch if I don't say so myself.

Well thats it for now. Will keep all posted. ( Really am looking for ideas).

Jim
Old 05-07-2010, 03:27 PM
1sgt

All,
The tank also arrived with steel colored tracks. Any ideas on a good way of painting ?? I know that they didn't accumulate alot of rust, but what should I use for the basic color?
Thanks again to all who took an interest.

Jim
Old 05-07-2010, 03:28 PM
BiggTony

Glad you got it in and all is well!
As far as I know, HL makes 4 option tanks and two version types. Standard plastic track/gears, Standard plastic track/gears S&S, Minus S&S Metal Versions, and S&S Metal Version.....then the option of IR or Airsoft on later tanks.
If you purchase the metal version...it should come with it already installed and includes metal gearbox. What type of board is anyones guess. Even the very new ones, like the Panther G may still come with the RX14 as a non S&S per wholesaler I chatted with. So...as I'm sure you know, go with S&S versions.
Did you get extra metal track links at least? My KV-1 from Raiden didn't come with any and the "said" they checked their stock and none of them come with any. I'm gonna have to purchase some after market ones or cast a few extra links. Boooo to that!

edit: For the tracks....alot of people seem to go with the red/brown primer and let it wear. I guess so it imitates rust and dirt as metal begins to reveal itself. Not doing that with my KV (i'll be using gun bluing), but with my Tiger I have and will with my PIII

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.