Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

raw airsoft gun footage

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2010, 05:05 PM
YHR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: raw airsoft gun footage

People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Last thing in the world we need is a forum rock fight.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:18 PM
Ern

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I gotta jump in here and defend CD as well. I bought their turret upgrade for my first Tiger and have never had a problem with it - other than the recoil sticking once in awhile and nothing that a shot of silicone doesn't fix. It's probably going on 1 1/2 years old and still shoots like it did the day I got it. Decent velocity, recoiling barrel, laser sighting and tracer system... all I can say is "wow"! Because of their system I now have four tanks. Without the possiblity of upgrading them I would not have bought a second one... the stock airsoft is terrible and there is no one around me to IR battle with, so I am stuck with airsoft and plan on upgrading all of them to the new system when released.

Yeah, the wait has been painful ~ Sax, as I have told you in emails; researching, developing, patenting, and all of the legal stuff takes time and set backs always happen. Perhaps the biggest mistake CD made was announcing their new gun system to soon, but I can only assume that they did not expect the snags that they have encountered or they would not have. You gotta admit that we are a strange lot of folks sometimes ~ stories leak about a new product and we gotta have it now... remember the similar sounding posts about the new Shermans and everyones wait for them? I too have been waiting for the new systems release... and will continue to wait and feel confident that when the system is released it will be a good product. I really don't understand the anger about not seeing a video of impact with another tank? The raw video showing the recoil was enough to satisfy my curiosity for the time being... and it looked pretty darn awesome! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]

As someone else said here earlier... is there anyone else out there making aftermarket guns for these tanks, and with the additional features that they have added? Just the fact that with the old system they released the turret option alone shows that they are working to satisfy a need for those of us that enjoy airsoft tanks [as it seems they do too!]. They could have just left it at complete tanks only, and if you wanted a tank with their features you would have to buy a whole tank, but they didn't and allowed a lot of us the opportunity to enjoy their product at half the price. Without the turret option I probably would not have been able to enjoy the features that they incorporate with their system as I already had two Tigers [well, one complete and one bought for parts that I upgraded] and would not have purchased a third because of the other models HL was releasing and I really don't care for the PzIII. I also have to wonder a lot of times when I read posts where a board fired or idler wheels are causing tracks to fall off if the problems aren't caused by the installer and not the manufactor. Sax, that isn't a personal attack on you, because I don't know your skill levels but there are a lot of us [me included] that get inside of these tanks with minimal electronic/soldering/modeling experience and things don't always work out as we planned.

You also have to remember [I believe] that we are not talking about Heng Long, VSTank, Tamiya, Mattel or any other similar large corporations. On their posts CD states that they are "1 of 9 owners of the collective..." so it appears that they are a smaller operation making considerable investments trying to develope a pretty cool product. Do you really think that they don't want to start selling these things and start seeing a return for their efforts and maybe even make a profilt?

Sax, we've emailed back and forth and I feel your pain, but maybe you should just email or call Shelby and decline the promise of a free replacement gun system and get your money back. While I understand your frustration, your attempt to smear Creeping Death isn't very becoming, nor is digging MatDragon out of the mothballs to join your efforts [wasn't he banned from this forum when he started the UK forum and posted negatively about RCU?]
Old 05-23-2010, 02:49 PM
Saxondog

I am done with this situation,and have e-mailed Shelby to that effect, I have asked several times for a refund,and would be happy to return his product,best of luck to Creeping Death I have no opinion concerning this matter from this time forward. Blake
Old 05-23-2010, 04:38 PM
removeb4flt

I to can also vouch for creepingdeath, they have helped me on several occasions even with products that were not their own. my cd Panzer III still works as good as the day I got it.
Matt your sadly mistaken on the thunder1 sound module it is a great module. when ever i run the bulldog it always gets a warm welcome from spectators. it is a crowd favorite. to call cd weird is just a petty attack, and after reading your words you are bitter at rcu and the community?
I for one was thrilled when cd applied for the patent on their gun. more manufactures here state side should do such a thing. I am good friends with the lawfirm they went through and I can assure you creepingdeath is on its way up in this hobby. I have even spoke to their lawyer on the greens last fall.yes they are a small company and i know that Rick and Shelby have laid alot on the line for this gun system. the two have them have held their ground and fought like hell through this to get that system out. I have spoken to both of them, they are the real deal and care very much about their staff, products and the hobby.
When i seen the video of their new gun I for one was elated. not just because of a new and exciting direction and branching of the hobby, but also the fruitation of the american dream. the patent secures jobs here in the usa and strengthens our dollars. maybe thats why Matt views cd as weird?
we should be happy that the new gun system is an American product and not from the far east. Like I told cd many months back, made in the usa still means something and I am proud they listened, learned and did.