Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

raw airsoft gun footage

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2010, 11:30 AM
CreepingdeathRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raw airsoft gun footage

here you go Pattonrocked. this is some raw footage shot last month of the new system. this gun is installed into a henlong tiger. this was a velocity and recoil test. elevation isnt as high as a stock henlong because of the system and the final version has the laser coax protruding out of the mantle. the shots are impacting about 34 feet. in the next video we'll engage a pershing with paintball rounds(not historicallly accurate but i only have one sherman here and its going under the knife.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v4wJkzDxv8
Old 05-05-2010, 11:40 AM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Default RE: raw airsoft gun footage

Very smooth NICE!
I see you refilled it with propane?
It should work well with Green gas with the silicone lube mixed in you may get better lasting performance.

You also can put a few drops of silicone airsoft oil lube in the propain tip before you fill her up and that should work also.
LOOKS GREAT!
Shenlonco
Old 05-05-2010, 11:46 AM
CreepingdeathRC

thanks Shen, we used components that are quite resistent to cracking and drying. this particular gun system got 2 squirts of silicone down the barrel in 5000 shots. for almost all of the testing we ran straight up propane with the airsoft adapter. off the shelf green gas is pricey for people. considering that a bottle of propane lasts forever and costs about 3 bucks on the average it seemed like the way to go. also my mistake towards the end of the vid the rounds are switched to .20 gr bio bbs.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:52 AM
shenlonco

That's cool try a few drops in the adaptor nozzel next time and see how she goes this is how you do it fdor the airsoft guns.
Shen
Old 05-05-2010, 12:21 PM
CreepingdeathRC

after a drop of silicone the gun changes tone a little the first shot. but then its right back up to snuff.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:26 PM
pattonrocked45

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks cd! but I'm a little disapointed you left out that rather attractive female sliding those boxes. what are the odds she will be in the next video? lol babes in german uniforms are kinda hot!!! wait a sec i'm married but i can still look right lol
Old 05-05-2010, 12:32 PM
CreepingdeathRC

[]terry says hi, but she is camera shy!! lol she's single Patton tooooo bad your married. [] i know the guys in the shop would love to see that vid!!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Perry S.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like it,
Understand it's raw footage with many breaks/edits but how many shots does the hopper hold and how many shots per propane refill? Just curious how big the internal tank is and compare it to a CO2 setup.

Thanks,
Perry
Old 05-05-2010, 12:56 PM
shenlonco

Hi so when will they be ready for testing?
Also how many shots you get for fill of gas?
Shen
Old 05-05-2010, 01:12 PM
CreepingdeathRC

hey Perry. the mag is a stock hl tiger mag. so i think that holds about 40 rounds roughly. on a full charge you can fire about 40-70 rounds depending on rate of fire and ambiant temps. the internal storage tanks were one of the biggest headaches we had to deal with. we had to come up with a compact storage tank that would work for every model of hl. what we came up with is a twin manifold/cylinder low profile system that sits to each side of the battery box on a typical hl type model. for after market and models that have the battery box removed, we have suffecient "through holes" located on each face of the manifolds. the top of each manifold has 4 ports, of the 4 ports we use 2 per manifold. the cylinder also has a free port so alot of customizing can be done to fit any and all aftermarket mods. one of the pleasant surprised we discovered is the manifolds and cylinders get pretty frosty and cools the tanks internals about 10 to 15 degrees cooler.
shen we are wrapping up the tiger and finishing work on the pershing. your going to have some uber fun!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:51 PM
Perry S.

Sounds great. I notice frost on my CO2 cartridges after use. Looks like I'll be getting one of your units if price is decent and you can deliver relatively soon. I'm very bad at patiently waiting. Having built similar systems (without the recoil) I know that moving from a HL based spring design to a compressed gas system adds tons of cost so it will be interesting to see your price point.

Perry
Old 05-05-2010, 02:30 PM
shenlonco

Thanks can't wait to do the testing on the big guns!
Old 05-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Ern

Very nice Shelby!! [sm=thumbs_up.gif][sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 05-07-2010, 07:18 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks awesome! When will the Tiger turret be available?

How does the max gun depression look? Elevation is important but I like depression because it allows you to shoot from just behind a hill.

Also, do the manifolds support a 360 turret?
Old 05-08-2010, 09:31 AM
CreepingdeathRC

Perry, price does increase from the old system. but having a gun system that will out live the tank more than offsets cost. lol everytime we declare "finished product" we somehow go back and tweak it just a little more. this final incarnation has met and exceeded our goals so we'll be getting this into the line up pretty quick. you'll also like the ease of modifications you can do do to the system.
Ern we got your back bud. you and Sax are going to have a hoot!!! Shen I'll be dropping an email pretty soon.
Phillipat we are on a constant influx of parts. one part that we couldnt make or find stateside was the green gas fill valve. so we had to import it from Japan. everytime we tweaked the system this part would change. but now that we got everything finalized we are able to order bulk. so we can go full bore into this in the next several days. Max depression is the same as the stock hl gun. on the guns lowest depression it will brush the front stock headlights. so good hull down shots are possible to do. because the manifolds mount in the hull and the mainfeed line runs to the turret we cant do 360 rotation. but the tank does the stock 320 rotation with no hang ups.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:11 AM
shenlonco

Cool can't wait to test this sucker out!!
I have the green gas here already that i been using in my target shooting airsoft guns so i am ready to test different types of BB's and chrono this sucker and get true FPS readings and rate of fire but that's probably not needed for a tank gun!
Old 05-08-2010, 12:18 PM
rjblaze

I'm hoping a version will be available for my Matorro KT at some point!
Old 05-08-2010, 01:07 PM
CreepingdeathRC

yes mato king tiger is can do.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:30 PM
philipat

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: CreepingdeathRC

price does increase from the old system.

one part that we couldnt make or find stateside was the green gas fill valve. so we had to import it from Japan.

Max depression is the same as the stock hl gun. on the guns lowest depression it will brush the front stock headlights. so good hull down shots are possible to do. because the manifolds mount in the hull and the mainfeed line runs to the turret we cant do 360 rotation. but the tank does the stock 320 rotation with no hang ups.
Good to know about the depression and 320 rotation.

You emailed me about 2-3 months about the price point. Has that changed at all?

Well...if the part is from Japan, then I should be able find the green gas here. [8D] I haven't looked but I'll have to start.

Do you have an anticipated production sequence? Tiger, then Pershing, then...

Old 05-09-2010, 09:41 AM
CreepingdeathRC

Phillipat pricing is roughly $180 to $200 depending on a new turret or the send in option. for green gas, standard propane with an airsoft adapter works perfect too.
the production sequence we have lined up is:
tiger, pershing, panzerIII/4, sherman,bulldog, panther, kingtiger and pretty much everything else.
now that the hardest parts of the mods are behind us we can move extremely quick to crank out the different turret types. so there wont be an extended wait to get up and running with all models.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:21 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

Is it preferable to send in your tiger turret for you to upgrade. I would be more than happy to send one in. I think your product will be amazing.
Old 05-09-2010, 04:30 PM
CreepingdeathRC

tjm thanks! yes it is cheaper to send a turret in.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:17 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

let me know when you are all set and I will. What is the FPS you can get on these guns? Have you tried tight bore inner barrels (like a madbull 6.03mm inner diameter)? I find they really improve the gun's power.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:01 PM
Perry S.

So when can you order them?

Perry
Old 05-09-2010, 10:25 PM
thomasjohnmurphy

I'm just waiting for CreepingDeath to tell me when

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.