Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
Reload this Page >

My new build, IR Pz.Bef.Wg Command Night Panther Ausf. G

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

My new build, IR Pz.Bef.Wg Command Night Panther Ausf. G

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 08:11 PM
BiggTony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My new build, IR Pz.Bef.Wg Command Night Panther Ausf. G

Okay....I can only agree to disagree.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:33 PM
kingkong23

ok i an the new guy here at rc but with tanking history i am better than average.....all i can say is why would anyone bother in the first place to photoshop this in the first place and second of,,,,,,,, at the time of publishing was that even avalable?something to think about....either way the concept is out their in one way shape or form and my freind tal/tachoman is making what he beleives is a one of a kind proto of whtever that the grems did............
Old 08-01-2010, 08:43 PM
BiggTony

Photo shop can be done with anything and is a process of altering a picture well after the photo is taken.
If you don't think the photo has been altered or touched by a photo editing program.....just look at the background.......notice anything? No?? That's because the tank has been cut out. Look at the outline of the tank....very crisp lines don't you think? Look at the barrel.....very crisp lines all the way to the mantlet. To me, there's lots of cutting and pasting going on, verynoticeableby the front fender on the right compared to the one on the left.
The question isn't why one would do it.....it's why not? We don't know if someone made this based off the drawing tach constructed his tank from to prove a point of it'sexistenceor simply to stir the pot to urk historians. If this photo were real......how in the world did it manage to defeat many Panther/tank historians all these years in hiding? Yeah....right. You should see this photo all over google.
Old 08-02-2010, 08:43 AM
rivetcounter

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

OK notice I have drawn the outline of the camouflage pattern also notice that the picture was shot on a downward angle hence the reason for the turret roof notice the lack on chin on the mantle the cover over the muzzle the chain wrapped over the main gun from the travel lock, you can just see the opening for the MG in the mantle.

Notice the difference in the camouflage pattern also notice on the picture it was shot from an upwards position no turret roof showing, this Panther has the chin on the mantle no cover over the muzzle chain not wrapped over the main gun from the travel lock, no opening for the MG in the mantle.

I agree that the IR devices look suspicious mainly as they are all the same size the fact that the handles are present either side dos not mean the picture is fake it may just mean that the same unit was fitted to all 3 positions, what you need is to find the original picture without the devices that would prove a fake and this is the thing they do on the Axis History Forum.

Old 08-02-2010, 08:44 AM
rivetcounter

OK notice I have drawn the outline of the camouflage pattern also notice that the picture was shot on a downward angle hence the reason for the turret roof notice the lack on chin on the mantle the cover over the muzzle the chain wrapped over the main gun from the travel lock, you can just see the opening for the MG in the mantle.

Notice the difference in the camouflage pattern also notice on the picture it was shot from an upwards position no turret roof showing, this Panther has the chin on the mantle no cover over the muzzle chain not wrapped over the main gun from the travel lock, no opening for the MG in the mantle.

I agree that the IR devices look suspicious mainly as they are all the same size the fact that the handles are present either side dos not mean the picture is fake it may just mean that the same unit was fitted to all 3 positions, what you need is to find the original picture without the devices that would prove a fake and this is the thing they do on the Axis History Forum.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:52 AM
karel47

ok rivetcounter the these pics are fake all of them thanks for the info
Old 08-02-2010, 08:57 PM
kingkong23

ok i guess at this point it isnt even important anymore but i can see the difference in the pics......almost not even the same tank.just interesting to wonder about what is out there that we never even knew about...either way.something for someone to learn everyday
Old 08-07-2010, 10:33 AM
tachouman

Hi All,

I started painting the model, here are some pictures of it.

Cheers.

TAC

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk26493.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	1479415   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs57157.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	1479416   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb74371.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	162.3 KB
ID:	1479417   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qk22385.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	1479418   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qb36160.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	177.4 KB
ID:	1479419  
Old 08-07-2010, 10:36 AM
tachouman

Hi again,

I finished painting the model and tested the lights and the electronics, but Ihave not yet weathered it, so it looks OK but it dosen't look like it's been through combat yet.

Bigkingkong, check out the rear conlon light I told you about, I made this myself, this is not Wecho. I'm about to finish another one for your KT. What do you think?

Cheers.

TAC.

Name:	db83991.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	226.2 KB
ID:	1479420   Click image for larger version

Name:	fa86611.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	234.1 KB
ID:	1479421   Click image for larger version

Name:	gm21806.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	210.2 KB
ID:	1479422   Click image for larger version

Name:	ey70775.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	1479423   Click image for larger version

Name:	lw20218.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	223.4 KB
ID:	1479424   Click image for larger version

Name:	mc50511.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	1479425   Click image for larger version

Name:	cf72154.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	1479426   Click image for larger version

Name:	lk36321.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	205.0 KB
ID:	1479427  

Old 08-07-2010, 10:37 AM
BiggTony

Fantastic start! Look forward to the progress![8D]
Old 08-07-2010, 10:39 AM
googlydoogly

Awesome airbrush work!
Old 08-07-2010, 10:58 AM
rivetcounter

Remember that this tank probably would have been less than 1 month old and wouldn’t have been rusty, there seems to be a trend towards rusted relics that have stood in a field for 10 years or more, chips worn paint some dirt and this will be a fantastic looking model
Old 08-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man, that thing looks cool. Really nice work. i like the camo scheme. I already have the Tamiya Panther G but I am thinking of picking up the HL G also. I like too have doubles of my favorite tanks. I have 3 WSN T-34/85's. One is a complete Tamiya conversion, one has a full DBCRC2 kit in it, which makes it TBU compatable and one just has the HL electronics package.
The reason for the extra Panther is too try some of the more obscure versions of the G. My Tamy G is my main battle tank so she is set up for High Performance. she is very battle ready.
Old 08-07-2010, 06:50 PM
RSEA

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the first time I've been back on here since I posted the Geheim Panther photo. I've had some issues that kept me off the forum for a while..

Sort of surprised to see all the study and theories of the photo on this thread. Bigg Tony sure had some wild ones! lol He was way off the mark.. Rivetcounter correctly identified it as being a completely different Panther than the genuine single-IR photo. But even he didn't seem to count enough rivets on it.. The triple-IR GEHEIM photo is a fake, and it is not even a photo of a real Panther.

It is simply a photo of a nicely built example of our well known Tamiya Panther G F/O kit. Just like the one this thread is about. The tracks give this tank away as being a model and not a real one. The edges of the tracks are way too thick. I'm kind of disappointed Rivetcounter didn't notice this.. Tachouman's model has metal tracks that are more scale looking in this manner! Are your tracks Kenny Kong? The Impact ones are too thick, much like my GEHEIM tank. I wonder if the new Tamiya metal tracks are better in this respect. I think the GEHEIM tank has the stock plastic tracks on it lol.

Last Summer I wanted to see what the Tamiya model would look like when built as the "real" Panther in the good IR photogragh. So I found a suitable photo of the Tamiya that I liked. Then modified the cammo a little, added the scope & light from the "genuine" Panther photo (and that is the ONLY thing that was taken from that real photo), changed the mantlet to the standard one and deleted the crew compartment heater.

Along with that image, for the hell of it, I created another with the fictional, triple-IR setup, retaining the chin mantlet and the crew compartment heater. After finding this thead and reading Tachouman's post stating that he was convinced the Concord photo was genuine, I just aged the second photo and added the GEHEIM stamp (influenced by a real photo of a Sturmtiger that bears a similar stamping).

Tachouman, your Panther is looking quite slick there! Nice ambush scheme, ready to do some serious night stalking, and maybe even put the Führer's mind at ease for a moment as he sits underground hiding in his bunker..

Actually using your finished model, with some really good photoshop work, we could have had the "experts" scratching their heads over this one.. It's too late now though, since you've already revealed your model to the world! haha You would have had your photographic evidence and a model built to resemble the photo! And Rivetcounter would have been searching through his entire library of photos to try to disprove its existence.

Name:	Ge95564.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1479653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx75750.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	1479654   Click image for larger version

Name:	In25925.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	1479655   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pj18808.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	1479656  
Old 08-07-2010, 07:04 PM
BiggTony

Dang it, I just new that whole tank was photoshopped for bits and pieces........oh well, show's what I know! lol
Old 08-08-2010, 05:20 AM
rivetcounter

You crafty bugger I didn’t think of a model picture being doctored though I think most people did realise the IR device was not real, top marks for your ingenuity I suppose now this is going to lead to a whole host of realistic pictures being posted, how long till we see a PzIII with full IR setup
Old 08-08-2010, 05:34 AM
1sgt

TAC,
Can you tell us how you built the rear conlon light. It looks pretty cool.

Jim
Old 08-09-2010, 03:04 AM
manchu9inf

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Wow, an amazing job! One of the best panthers I have seen!! Absolutely great!

Will
Old 08-10-2010, 08:17 PM
tachouman

RSEA You sly you, I knew there was something about this picture, but it never occured to me that was a model, what got me is the watermark "Geheim" on the picture, it looked offical, smart touch. That tells you how dum we all are. Some experts we are, we couldn't even tell the difference between a real tank and a model, eh!!!!! LOL.

1sgt,

I'm making another Conlon light for a friend's KT tank, I'll take pictures and post here to show how to make it.

I started weathering the model, I'll post some pictures when done.

Cheers

T. Chouman
Old 08-11-2010, 08:08 AM
1sgt

Tach,
Thanks, I'll eagerly await your posting.

Jim
Old 08-11-2010, 10:02 AM
heavyaslead

Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

ORIGINAL: tachouman

Hi guys,

I got all the drawings and the information from a book by Walderman Trojca '' sd.kfz.171, Pz.Kpfw.V PANTHER'', it's 552 pages of color, black & white photos and plates and 100s of schematics that covers every panther version ever produced or fielded. The one I built actually is in the book, it was in Berlin in April,1945, with the 29th pz. regiment., Munchenber division.I didn't make the stuff up, it's right out of the book, see the pictures.

Cheers

T. Chouman

I have 26, 1/16th RC tanks and growing :
1x Tiger (Tamiya, FO), 2x King Tigers(Tamiya, FO), 3x Pershings(Tamiya, FO),1x gepard(Tamiya), 2x Leopard 1A4s (Tamiya), 4x Leopard 2A6s(Tamia FO), 2x Shermans 105 (Tamiya FO), 2x Panthers (Tamiya FO), 1x Panzer IV (Tamiya FO), 1x KV-1 (Tamiya FO), 1x Kubelwagen (Tamiya), 1x T-34/85 (Wasan), 2x Panzer III (HenLong FO), 1x Panzer IV (HenLong FO), 1x KV-1 (HenLong FO), 1x Walker Buldog (HenLong FO).
Careful, even this work is in dispute for it's particular accuracy. There is a lot of misinformation about IR Panther's out there.

http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...=58445&start=0

In any event a wonderful rendition, especially the cabling! Thanks for sharing!

Old 08-11-2010, 11:19 AM
karel47

to rivetcounter :
Is this information relevant i got it from axishistory site :

InfraRed equipped Panthers-Combat reports?Story's?Discussion

by Sbf.Koch on 01 Sep 2004, 00:14

I have read about IR equipped panthers/sdkfz251's/Stg44's for the first time some 8 years ago.
Some units equipped with these:

116th Panzer Division (3rd company of 24th Panzer Regiment, Western Front, Summer of 1944)
Sixth SS Panzer Army (Hungary, early 1945)
Panzer Division Muncheberg and Clausewitz.

Now I would like to hear some story's / combat reports involving these Uhu's, Falke's and Sperber's (Owl, Falcon, Sparrow) because in my opinion it would do quite some damage - Panthers who can destroy tanks in the pitch dark.. Especially since they existed since 1936 (well, the IR equipment, not the panthers )
This subject is not discussed much - time to start it ey
<dl id="profile524670" class="postprofile"> <dt>
Sbf.Koch </dt> <dd>Member </dd> <dd> </dd> <dd> </dd> <dd>Posts: 628 </dd> <dd>Joined: 31 Aug 2004, 04:09 </dd> <dd>Location: Netherlands </dd> <dd>
Old 08-11-2010, 11:24 AM
WLY22

one brilliant looking model to have in a collection nice !
Old 08-14-2010, 11:21 AM
tachouman

Hi guys,

Finaly finished weathering the model, the weathering didn't come out as good as I wanted to be, but it looks OK. I should add some more accessories to it to make it look somewhat more realistic such as helmets, gas cans, ammo bozes, etc. Anyway here are some photos of it.

Cheers

Name:	pn36637.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	1483751   Click image for larger version

Name:	gb89998.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1483752   Click image for larger version

Name:	hm23084.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	1483753   Click image for larger version

Name:	ha79770.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	1483754   Click image for larger version

Name:	te46303.jpg
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	1483755   Click image for larger version

Name:	dt18664.jpg
Size:	120.5 KB
ID:	1483756   Click image for larger version

Name:	su34698.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1483757   Click image for larger version

Name:	ml38125.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	1483758  

Click image for larger version

Name:	cb53616.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1483759   Click image for larger version

Name:	jv95319.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1483760   Click image for larger version

Name:	tz13094.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	1483761   Click image for larger version

Name:	do61244.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1483762  
Old 08-14-2010, 11:23 AM
tachouman

And here are some artistic images of it with some King Tigers.

Cheers.

T. Chouman

Name:	fd93277.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	1483763   Click image for larger version

Name:	fa84680.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	125.6 KB
ID:	1483764   Click image for larger version

Name:	wb74379.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	1483765   Click image for larger version

Name:	uo35457.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	1483766   Click image for larger version

Name:	ju13734.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	1483767   Click image for larger version

Name:	vl81177.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1483768   Click image for larger version

Name:	ac63823.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1483769   Click image for larger version

Name:	wv72859.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	98.5 KB
ID:	1483770  

Click image for larger version

Name:	ml88349.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1483771  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.