Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Tanks
 Missing Man; DAK loses founding member. >

Missing Man; DAK loses founding member.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Missing Man; DAK loses founding member.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 01:35 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: Missing Man; DAK loses founding member.

remember in peace...
Our condolences from Russian tankers...</p>
Old 09-11-2010, 06:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi all,
Like Ethan said in an earlier post........................thank you all for posting your condolences and thoughts and prayers. It means a lot to read how much Doug touched others outside of our own little group. Forgive me if this is a little long winded, but I wanted to share a few of my thought on my friend Doug.

The true impact of losing Doug has not yet hit our club, it's membership and those of us who were fortunate enough, to not only know him, but to call him a friend. I find it hard to descibe what it's like losing such an important and integral part of our group.

Doug wasn't just a "good guy" or a "dependable club mate", he was a much more. He was always one of the first to arrive and one of the last to leave, he was a "DAK ORIGINAL" ( like Ethan mentioned he was the first member besides the two us). Even on "bad days" when the cancer or treatments were taking a tole, Doug was always there and always smiling (even if he was hurting). I remeber one battle we had, came three days after Doug had undergone surgery, but there he was transmitter in hand, grinning from ear to ear as he took sniper shots. He spent most of that day sitting in a chair on the edge of the battlefield, because it hurt too much to stand.......but he was there and he was participating in the hobby he loved with the poeple that he cared about.

He was a wealth of knowledge on anyhting Rc and always willing to share. He was an awesome builder who built solid models that always were top notch runners. He was a crafty advessary who could hold his own against anyone on our field. He was a good friend and never missed an opportunity to get together and talk tanks. He'd show up at the battlefield whenever we had a work or maintanence day. If we ever got together to talk shop or work on a group project Doug was there, on trips taken out state to trade or buy tanks or participate in a battle - well if he wasn't driving us in his van, he was a chipper and interesting passenger along for the ride. I can't recall a single time he missed an after-battle dinner with the group. Doug was just plain fun to be around, he inspired most of us in one way or another, he pushed me to try new things and challange myself in this hobby.

Those of of us who were fortunate to know him have a true sense of loss, and that's a pretty big and dark void to try to fill. I've tried hard to focus on the positive and keep the good memories I have at the forefront, but I now realize that the true impact of this isn't really going to hit until the first time we battle without Doug on the field, or the first time I have a question or an idea I wanna run by him.................the reality is life is not fair, and it's not fair that we have lost not only a good friend, and dependable clubmate, we have a lost a good person in Doug's passing. Truth is I feel like our club is better because he was part of it, and I'm a better person for knowing Doug Sharpe, and he will be sorely missed for a long long time.

God Speed Dugster - May you rest in peace, as you do in our memories!

Your friend..........Craig

Squid
DAK -XO
(Desert Armor Korps)
Old 09-11-2010, 10:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember Doug as a gentleman forum member, RIP fellow tanker and hobbyist.

Paul aka ArmChairGeneral
Old 09-12-2010, 12:11 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Craig, God bless you for sharing Dougs story with us, Did not know Doug but I feel as if I know the type of person we was, The kind of person you love to see show up and hate to see leave!