Community
Search
Notices
RC Tanks Discuss all aspects of rc tank building and driving here!

Battery Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 03:12 PM
Jeff489
My Feedback: (12)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Battery Question

http://cgi.ebay.com/4-pcs-7-2V-6800m...item1e5df93ed4

Anyone tried these?

Anyone have a source for a 7000 (or so) mha Ni-MH battery in the $25.00 range?

Thanks.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:41 PM
BiggTony

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Battery Question

Yes,....I've been using these for some time now. I only have 2, but at $20 bucks a pop. They're worth it...even more so for that 4 pack with free shipping. The milliamp hours are far morenoticeablein anything but the Leopard! I think at full high speed with running all the bells and whistles, I get roughly one hour and change run time...maybe even less, cause I haven't even driven it at slow speeds yet. On my Tamiya Pershing well over an hour and a half...maybe even 2 hours of realistic driving before I noticed a pretty sharp drop in power...then shortly after, the old Tamiya shut down, restart back up kicks in. In my HL KV-1 (stock), with out going crazy...it lasts way longer....easily 3-4 days of off and on driving. Can't be totally sure, since I've never driven any of my HL's as long as I have my Tamiya's at one time. ( I still question whether these truely have the capacity of 6800 mAh, but they last way longer than my 1700mAh, 2000mAn, 3800mAh, and 4800mAh's....so that's good enough for me.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19179.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	1498019  
Old 09-09-2010, 05:05 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I buy all my packs from these guys now. A little slow with shipping since they are in China, but the packs work great and last a long long time.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Jeff489

Thanks!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:48 PM
rrudytoo
My Feedback: (27)

Hey Guys,

What battery charger would work with these batteries?

Al
Old 09-10-2010, 08:00 PM
BiggTony

ORIGINAL: rrudytoo

Hey Guys,

What battery charger would work with these batteries?

Al
This is the exact same one that I'm usinghttp://cgi.ebay.com/Airsoft-Battery-...#ht_3696wt_911(but I think I only paid $20 for it)....although I think they've updated the look of it or altered some things in the newer ones, cause I barely see this one anymore. The new one....well, I think it's new has two indicator lights and a switch in the upper left corner instead of the lower left like in the link. Also, someone said in their manual, it states not to charge a battery that is over 5000mAh....whereas mine, does not and has no problems charging my 6800mAh batteries and lower. I also own one of those cycle/discharge chargers from my previous heli hobby, but I've never used it when I got into this hobby, so it sits in the attic. lol
Old 09-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Panther G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the MRC Super Brain 977. Excellent charger. Any quality charger that can do NimH batteries will work fine. A peak charger would be the best. These sense when the cells have reached their highest voltage capacity and then shuts down. This helps to keep the batteries from getting over charged or over heated.
Old 11-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Jeff489

FYI all, I purchased the above NiMH battery packs called "Super Power 6800 MaH" off of an Ebay from vendor called "Greenforcecells"

I received the batteries, and after a month or so, and many, many, charging/discharging cycles (I have modern peak detecting chargers, that can auto cycle, and am very experienced with charging and discharging tank batteries of all types), I cannot get any of them (I bought 4) to charge up beyond 3,400 MaH.

It looks like they are not as advertised. I'm calling them no more than 3300 MaH. I'm going to cut a wrapper open on one of them to check what the cells are rated at. I'll share my findings when I do.

FYI, a review of greenforcecells' feedback revealed that there were many other purchasers who share my unfortunate experience. Unfortunately, I cannot return them as I replace all Tamiya connectors with Deans plugs prior to using a battery...so the batteries have all been modified (big mistake on my part). Needless to say, I'm just swallowing the bad experirence.

All is not lost. I have found some excellent 3300 NiMhs from the vendor Hobby People sold under the name "Hi-Energy" and in a blue wrapper. They are 6 cell 7.2v stick batteries. Frequently they are on sale for 19.99. I've bought about 8 of these, and have had them for over a year now. They charge up to about 3500 MaHs on the first charge. They are about 20 bucks each. They also have the 4500 MaH versions on sale occasionally for $26.99.

I'll be sticking with these from now on.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:57 PM
shenlonco
My Feedback: (2)

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jeff489

FYI all, I purchased the above NiMH battery packs called ''Super Power 6800 MaH'' off of an Ebay from vendor called ''Greenforcecells''

I received the batteries, and after a month or so, and many, many, charging/discharging cycles (I have modern peak detecting chargers, that can auto cycle, and am very experienced with charging and discharging tank batteries of all types), I cannot get any of them (I bought 4) to charge up beyond 3,400 MaH.

It looks like they are not as advertised. I'm calling them no more than 3300 MaH. I'm going to cut a wrapper open on one of them to check what the cells are rated at. I'll share my findings when I do.

FYI, a review of greenforcecells' feedback revealed that there were many other purchasers who share my unfortunate experience. Unfortunately, I cannot return them as I replace all Tamiya connectors with Deans plugs prior to using a battery...so the batteries have all been modified (big mistake on my part). Needless to say, I'm just swallowing the bad experirence.

All is not lost. I have found some excellent 3300 NiMhs from the vendor Hobby People sold under the name ''Hi-Energy'' and in a blue wrapper. They are 6 cell 7.2v stick batteries. Frequently they are on sale for 19.99. I've bought about 8 of these, and have had them for over a year now. They charge up to about 3500 MaHs on the first charge. They are about 20 bucks each. They also have the 4500 MaH versions on sale occasionally for $26.99.

I'll be sticking with these from now on.
Yes i heard the same also... and from other RC sites also to.