RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC Tanks (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/)
-   -   Open Panzer Boards on sale (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-tanks-369/11656928-open-panzer-boards-sale.html)

Spitvalve 11-20-2018 06:48 PM

Open Panzer Boards on sale

Hobbyking has the Open Panzer Boards on sale for $35. They can't be making much on them at that price.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/rc-tank-...asc=2852197254

Anybody care to share their experiences with them? I plan on using mine in an old Mato Sherman I'm converting to an M4A1 Grizzly.

Mike.

Tanque 11-20-2018 09:02 PM

Isn't that the price they've been at? That's what I paid for them months back...

Jerry

tomhugill 11-21-2018 04:20 AM

Originally Posted by Tanque (Post 12480303)
Isn't that the price they've been at? That's what I paid for them months back...

Jerry

No theyre £44 normally

Spitvalve 11-21-2018 09:47 AM

Normally around $58USD since I've been looking. Maybe they were on sale for a bit a few months ago as well?

Mike.

Shorty54 11-21-2018 10:25 AM

I bought a couple a few months back when they were on sale for $35.
So far, they work good. A lot more discussion on the Open Panzer site.

Open Panzer

Enjoy,
Shad

Imex-Erik 11-21-2018 01:33 PM

My favorite board :)

RichJohnson 11-26-2018 10:35 PM

Im still put off by having to cofigure a seperate esc and sound board to it. That adds up space fast and has got to be a pain to learn so much more to make your own sounds with whatever chip you get and the costs add up. Im sticking with IBU old base models as long as i can till they arent available any more. I womt be buying any more ultimates unless they add firmware code to get rid of the inirtia lag.

RC_BobM 11-27-2018 05:06 PM

Hi Rich,
Gary (Crius) mentioned that too. What is "Inertia lag" with the IBU2U? The gun fires and recoils then the tank moves backward? That function can be disabled I believe if you don't like it?

Thanks,
Bob

RichJohnson 11-27-2018 05:22 PM

No that acrion you describe is what is called track recoil. That can be set by speed amd length of time.

The older IBU2 had the option to turn on inirtia. You set a value and a brake rate. Push the stick all the way forward and the tank slowly begins to move and speed up. To stop you let go and it slowly returns to stop. If you want to brake pull backward on the stick and the tank stops quick.

the IBU2 Ultimate, their new version, has similar parameters showing values and ability to turn it off, however it will not turn off. I tried and tried and tried nd finally went to the MFR in Italy. He said there is a minimum inirtia built in. I told him that does not work for someone that intends to IR battle the tank because you need quick reaction and agility to battle or you will het squirly and collide with obsticals and other tanks. He and others think Im crazy but after trying to drive my m60 with the ultimate i removed it angirly and purchased an older IBU2 as in my other 10 tanks. They occasionally have refurbished older ones but not often as they are out of production.
The MFR said he would write new firmware code to eliminate the basic level inirtia months ago but I have not heard back on it from my inquiries.
Also, I am not alone, a couple of our So Cal tankers got ultimates and have alot of trouble driving them. Especially when tight manuvering like our obstical course.
I wont buy any more ultimates unless the new firmware is written. I may have to switch to cark boards and have my friend program them. It reallr bums me out becasue I feel the IBU product is a very good very versatile and flexible board except for the new inirtia issue.

Maccrage 11-27-2018 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by RC_BobM (Post 12481909)
Hi Rich,
Gary (Crius) mentioned that too. What is "Inertia lag" with the IBU2U? The gun fires and recoils then the tank moves backward? That function can be disabled I believe if you don't like it?

Thanks,
Bob

Give the tank throttle, and it takes a bit to get up to speed, let off the throttle, and the tank slows to a stop, instead of stopping and starting immediately.

RC_BobM 11-27-2018 09:37 PM

Rich/Maccrage
Thanks for the explanations. I get it now.

Rich would you have an IBU2U you are not using or don't want? I'd like to try it in my big scale Sherman. The inertia may not be an issue for me cuz I don't intend on battling another tank with IR. I like the features of the IBU as well.

I'd even try the Open Panzer board but I agree I don't care for having to have a separate sound card and ESC. That pretty much defeats the whole purpose for me - I have good motor controller with the Sabertooth. But the IBU2U will provide 20A max to the track motors, control the turret rotation, elevation, recoil AND have sounds and MG flash etc - so I could use it soley without the Sabertooth.

Best regards, Bob